Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
You're Welcome! The odds should get slightly better if the current roll out of 1 NF 777 every 2 weeks continues, so that should put two more into the mix by 23/7, three more by 6/8.

My F flight is 3/8 ex YYZ (2 NF flights in the last 11 days there too), so I'm hoping for improved odds myself.
Lets hope so then - fingers crossed..

When I book and choose my seat as normal is there any way of knowing before hand whether the 777 has NF? Sorry I raise my hands admitting I haven't been through all the posts
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:34 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Lets hope so then - fingers crossed..

When I book and choose my seat as normal is there any way of knowing before hand whether the 777 has NF? Sorry I raise my hands admitting I haven't been through all the posts
Nope.

But if there are 14 First class seats then you have a chance (nearly 1 in 4 one way, 1 in 2 return unless you are retuning on the same aircraft).

Other 777 First configurations (13 or 17 seats) are nil chance.

Oh and by the way, can I just thank TheFlyingFoodie for all their hard work on this thread I'm really enjoying it all!
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:30 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Originally Posted by andset1191
Oh and by the way, can I just thank TheFlyingFoodie for all their hard work on this thread I'm really enjoying it all!
You're very welcome, it has actually been more fun than anything else! The initial tips of the hat go to YClass for starting this thread in the first place and Motors for the initial odds (as well as yourself andset for pointing out the 747 with NF is a 70J version).

I only get to travel BA F every couple of years (earn miles on AA, spend them on BA) so while I won't be disappointed to fly in the burled walnut F, it would be a kick to check out NF. This trip I'm treating my Dad and we're headed primarily to Scotland for the bulk of the 3 weeks (ancestral homeland). Mrs. Foodie is letting me loose for a few weeks (she's flown with me our previous 2 BA F trips, both 747s so this will be my first 777 First).

Cheers!

Last edited by TheFlyingFoodie; Jun 26, 2010 at 7:15 pm
Old Jun 27, 2010, 5:00 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by andset1191
Nope.

But if there are 14 First class seats then you have a chance (nearly 1 in 4 one way, 1 in 2 return unless you are retuning on the same aircraft).

Other 777 First configurations (13 or 17 seats) are nil chance.

Booked and it was a 14 seat F cabin - didn't get a great seat - lets just hope its NF!!!^
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
G-YMMG in for New First refit?

It looks as if G-YMMG is the next 777 in line for a NF refit. It was sent to CWL last evening (27/6). This is an interesting twist as the G-YMM series are currently configured with 13 F seats (wheras the first 5 777s refitted with NF were the G-VII series with 14 F seats). I understand that where 4K would usually be is a crew rest.

So, the speculation would be, will it be refitted with 14 NF and the new style "overhead" crew rest installed or will it remain 13 F seats. I guess we'll know in a couple of weeks!
Old Jun 28, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
...... we're headed primarily to Scotland for the bulk of the 3 weeks (ancestral homeland).
bless
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Any way to tell on day of departure before heading to the airport? (Specifically, the 18.40 departure from JFK tonight).
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:43 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Booked and it was a 14 seat F cabin - didn't get a great seat
how do you know its not a great seat? if its a less popular seat then everything will work, eg nightlight not fall on your head like 1A seems to on 747s
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Silver, Flying Blue, VLM, VT Traveller, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
It looks as if G-YMMG is the next 777 in line for a NF refit. It was sent to CWL last evening (27/6). This is an interesting twist as the G-YMM series are currently configured with 13 F seats (wheras the first 5 777s refitted with NF were the G-VII series with 14 F seats). I understand that where 4K would usually be is a crew rest.

So, the speculation would be, will it be refitted with 14 NF and the new style "overhead" crew rest installed or will it remain 13 F seats. I guess we'll know in a couple of weeks!
They are being retro-fitted with the crew rest area as mentioned by BBB and also my pics earlier in this thread (Post 114).

This is good news that they are re-fitting the RR powered 777s as they only fly on the Asia Pacific/Oz routes (that i can recall) and thats my next F trip in Feb
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, BA Amex Plat Plus, PriorityPass
This is an update to my previous postings and theories on the odds (#105 page 7 and #124 on page 9, with my theory to that point confirmed by Nqyflyer in post #135 and lastly in #139).

G-VIIY left CWL earlier today (in 13/6 out 25/6) hopefully with NF onboard. It is currently flying from LHR to BOS. If you happened to have been on BA 239 25/6 and sitting if F, please confirm (once you’ve landed of course) if it did indeed have NF (to continue to validate my theory).

That would bring the total of LHR based 777s to 5 of 18 with 14 F seats (so far the only 777 configuration to get NF). Here’s the rundown of confirmed and suspected 777s with NF.

G-VIIU (the first one, confirmed with NF)
G-VIIV (confirmed with NF)
G-VIIW (confirmed with NF)
G-VIIX (suspected to have NF, not yet confirmed)
G-VIIY (suspected to have NF, not yet confirmed)

If the pool is now 5 as I suspect and if you are flying on an LHR based 777 with 14 F seats (check MMB to determine if you are on a 13, 14 or 17 F seat 777) your odds are now 27.77% of finding your posterior in NF (if you are booked in F that is). The odds for 13 F and 17 seat F and LGW based 777s are still 0%.

For 747s, it appears there is still only one of those with NF, G-CIVF. As andset1191 kindly pointed out, G-CIVF is one of 26 70J equipped 747s. I don’t know how you could tell if you are on a 70J seat 747 vs a 52J seat 747, at least not on MMB if you’re booked in F. Any insight on that would be appreciated I’m sure by those with pending 747 F flights.

Now off to see if I can spot the next candidate for a refit
G-VIIX confirmed as having NF. Saw it earlier with the tell tale window blanks from the Concorde Terrace. I think it was heading for Delhi.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
Any way to tell on day of departure before heading to the airport? (Specifically, the 18.40 departure from JFK tonight).
SPOILER ALERT - Don't read this unless you really want to know if you will or will not be on a flight with New First from JFK to LHR tonight (July 1st).

It is easier to predict flights headed to LHR than leaving LHR (haven't figured out that patern yet).

Check flight24.com to see if one of the known NF 777s left LHR for your destination. In most cases, these 777s have been used for round trips from and to LHR in a single day.

The link to all of the BA fleet is:

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/british-airways-baw/

By selecting the aircraft you want to track, it will show the last 11-12 days

I did the checking and here's what I found for the NF 777s:
G-VIIU is on its way to IAH (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiu/)
G-VIIV is on its way back to LHR from TLV (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiv/)
G-VIIW is on its way back to LHR from DXB (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viiw/)
G-VIIX is on its way to DEL (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viix/)
G-VIIY is on its way to ORD (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viix/)

For the one NF 747:

G-CIVF is on its way back from IAH to LHR (http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-civf/)

So, it looks like no NF for any of the JFK-LHR flights this evening (777 or 747). Sorry

Last edited by TheFlyingFoodie; Jul 1, 2010 at 2:52 pm
Old Jul 1, 2010, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Craney
G-VIIX confirmed as having NF. Saw it earlier with the tell tale window blanks from the Concorde Terrace. I think it was heading for Delhi.
Thanks! ^ And flight24.com confirms it was headed for Delhi.

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viix/
Old Jul 1, 2010, 4:54 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

I was on the 747 New First Class from LHR-SFO on Tuesday.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by auh2o
I was on the 747 New First Class from LHR-SFO on Tuesday.
^

I don't suppose you have any photos do you and if you do could you post them on this thread please? All the ones posted that I've seen have been from the 777s. Did they keep the wardrobe at the front of the cabin?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Considering YYZ isn't supposedly a big market for F how come it seems to get the 3 17 F seat 777's on a very regular basis?.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.