Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: BA gold, SPG gold, Etihad gold, Flying Blue Silver
NF ex Gatwick

With the 777's rolling out are any going to be flying from Gatwick?

Ive got a flight to Barbados in November ...... will there be any chance on NF??
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
My BA189 LHR-EWR on 6/13 had a mechanical problem, so they swapped in the new First. I have a detailed trip report on my blog for those interested.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by JOF
My Dad flew new F LHR-TLV on Monday 8.55am flight. Third time that I have heard of the new F on the TLV route in recent weeks.

Strange as its a short flight.
I flew home in new F on 9/6. Was very impressed with the new seats and the privacy seems to be better than on the old F seats
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:41 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Originally Posted by simonw98

Ive got a flight to Barbados in November ...... will there be any chance on NF??
That far out is hard to predict. So far it appears that 3 or perhaps 4 777s have been fitted with NF (G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW and I suspect G-VIIX though I haven't been able to confirm it, perhaps someone else on the board can). I also suspect G-VIIY is currently being fitted with NF as it has been at CWL since 13/6. All of those are LHR based. That leaves 15 of the 20 777s with 14 F seats in the fleet to go (2 of which G-VIIA and G-VIIB are LGW based and typically serve BDA and BGA). Since G-VIIY is the last of the G-VII series (which make up 19 of the 20 777s with 14 F seats, G-RAES being the only other one), it's hard to predict which 777 will go in next (which should happen within the next week if the previous pattern of 2 weeks at CWL continues). If they start back at the top of the order, G-VIIA and G-VIIB could be next and you would have a very good chance.

At this point, it would be pure speculation. Perhaps in a few weeks a predicable pattern will appear again (as did G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX and G-VIIY).

Of course, there may be a few members of the board (those whose opinions are their own and not that of their employer ) who could offer some insight into the overall roll out plan.

Last edited by TheFlyingFoodie; Jun 22, 2010 at 7:23 am Reason: an errant late night there instead of their
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by simonw98

Me too. When are you going?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
It would be great news if the 2 LGW aircraft were done before the LHR aircraft.

This would make all of LGW aircraft AVOD (IIRC, the aircraft are getting AVOD at the same time as NF.... or am I wrong ) though the existing refitted 777's already had AVOD. This would be a big plus against VS which has stalled updating IFE.

I presume it also makes sense to do the LGW aircraft during the quieter Northern Hemisphere summer when these routes are quieter?
Old Jun 22, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: BA gold, SPG gold, Etihad gold, Flying Blue Silver
Foodie ..... thanks for you detailed reply.... lets wait and see... fingers crossed I guess

Popester - PM sent

Simon
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Any Way to Tell If My (777) Flight Will Have New F? (777 New F Destinations)

Hi everyone,

Sorry in advance for the newbie question, and I swear I did try to search for an answer, but is there any way at all to get even a slight indication of the chances for my flight (on a 777, ex-EWR) to have the new F?

If no, does anyone know whethere the 777s with new F have been going recently if there has been any consistency?

Cheers,

Steven
Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Blue, BA Amex Plat Plus, PriorityPass
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
Check the seat layout in Manage My Booking and see if you are on a 777 with 14 seats in First. If so, you have a 22% chance. If it has 13 or 17 seats in First, you have no chance.
This is the best way to check. If you are on a 14 seat config in F you have a 22% chance. No surefire way of telling in advance though other than as you board your flight if every third window at the front has a blank "plug" then you'll have new F.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Will all LHR 777's be fitted by the end of the year?

Last edited by firstclasslad; Jun 26, 2010 at 10:14 am
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Will all LHR 777's be fitted by the end of the end?
Is something bad about to happen???
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Updated odds of NF

This is an update to my previous postings and theories on the odds (#105 page 7 and #124 on page 9, with my theory to that point confirmed by Nqyflyer in post #135 and lastly in #139).

G-VIIY left CWL earlier today (in 13/6 out 25/6) hopefully with NF onboard. It is currently flying from LHR to BOS. If you happened to have been on BA 239 25/6 and sitting if F, please confirm (once you’ve landed of course) if it did indeed have NF (to continue to validate my theory).

That would bring the total of LHR based 777s to 5 of 18 with 14 F seats (so far the only 777 configuration to get NF). Here’s the rundown of confirmed and suspected 777s with NF.

G-VIIU (the first one, confirmed with NF)
G-VIIV (confirmed with NF)
G-VIIW (confirmed with NF)
G-VIIX (suspected to have NF, not yet confirmed)
G-VIIY (suspected to have NF, not yet confirmed)

If the pool is now 5 as I suspect and if you are flying on an LHR based 777 with 14 F seats (check MMB to determine if you are on a 13, 14 or 17 F seat 777) your odds are now 27.77% of finding your posterior in NF (if you are booked in F that is). The odds for 13 F and 17 seat F and LGW based 777s are still 0%.

For 747s, it appears there is still only one of those with NF, G-CIVF. As andset1191 kindly pointed out, G-CIVF is one of 26 70J equipped 747s. I don’t know how you could tell if you are on a 70J seat 747 vs a 52J seat 747, at least not on MMB if you’re booked in F. Any insight on that would be appreciated I’m sure by those with pending 747 F flights.

Now off to see if I can spot the next candidate for a refit
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:25 pm
fomerly CoachBoy

Programs: United Premier Platinum, British Airways Silver
Couple Questions:

1. Will the GMIS-equipped A/C be the last to get NF?
2. Will the RR powered planes (13F) only get 13 seats or will they be bumped up to 14?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
I don’t know how you could tell if you are on a 70J seat 747 vs a 52J seat 747, at least not on MMB if you’re booked in F. Any insight on that would be appreciated I’m sure by those with pending 747 F flights.
If you have an expertflyer.com account, you can look at the CW seatmap there to figure out what kind of 744 you are on. I just checked for my next flight at the end of july. 52J . And since I just booked last week, I'm stuck in 5K, as everything was taken except 5A/K and 4E. Have set-up a seat alert on expertflyer, so hopefully somebody will cancel and I can change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.