Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
Thanks! ^ And flight24.com confirms it was headed for Delhi.

http://data.flight24.com/airplanes/g-viix/
Thanks for that. It's good to know it has made it to EZE. Maybe I will get lucky!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by auh2o
I was on the 747 New First Class from LHR-SFO on Tuesday.
And no photos!....Shame on you
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:50 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Considering YYZ isn't supposedly a big market for F how come it seems to get the 3 17 F seat 777's on a very regular basis?.
I have been trying to redem an award ex-YYZ in frst class for the next 4 moths nad it is always showing full

I have noticed that many of the YYZ passengers are starting their journey in the USA not in YYZ.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:54 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I have noticed that many of the YYZ passengers are starting their journey in the USA not in YYZ.
How can you tell that?!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by auh2o
I was on the 747 New First Class from LHR-SFO on Tuesday.
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
And no photos!....Shame on you
OP never said they was travelling in F, just that it was a new F aircraft...

Of course he might have been in F in which case you are right, shame him/her indeed!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
How can you tell that?!
I have done 10 trips YYZ-LHR-YYZ in the last 2 months and while boarding the flight and inside the lounge and also the plane I saw many of the passengers onboard carrying US passports (just an observation)
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by LH/LX
I have done 10 trips YYZ-LHR-YYZ in the last 2 months and while boarding the flight and inside the lounge and also the plane I saw many of the passengers onboard carrying US passports (just an observation)
Noticed the same thing last flight. Cabin was full of pax transfering through to DFW and ORD. However some had been on Mediteranean cruises so I don't know whether they were F redemptions or not. I'm sure that the Canadian gateways are being used by more folks from the U.S. as that massive influx of Chase miles gets used for awards and hurts availability for direct flights from the U.S.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Noticed the same thing last flight. Cabin was full of pax transfering through to DFW and ORD. However some had been on Mediteranean cruises so I don't know whether they were F redemptions or not. I'm sure that the Canadian gateways are being used by more folks from the U.S. as that massive influx of Chase miles gets used for awards and hurts availability for direct flights from the U.S.
The prime reason US passengers use YYZ, YUL and YVR to redeem F on BA (aside from BA's F being better than AA's) is you cannot fly BA on an AA award ticket from the US. US passengers however can book a One World ticket through Canada and fly BA F (some silly anti-trust laws I believe force this upon US passengers).
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:52 am
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by clubman
OP never said they was travelling in F, just that it was a new F aircraft...

Of course he might have been in F in which case you are right, shame him/her indeed!
Yes. I was in First in 2A. But I don't carry a camera with me.

Also if I was to do it again, I would pick Row 1.

Last edited by auh2o; Jul 2, 2010 at 11:59 am Reason: P.S.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
So what about the 777s to/from PEK and PVG? Has any one seen NF?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, LH Silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by nologic
I was having a look through the places visited by NF planes the other day and thought it odd that they weren't being put on NRT/PEK routings and the like... Lots of money in those places/ lots of people flying First normally...

Oh how I hope I get the new cabin to NRT on 2nd Aug...
Tom

EDIT: Come to think of it: the triple's are a little too small for those routes are they not?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 8:26 am

Programs: OW Emerald, AA EX PLT 1MM+, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT, etc.
The 5 777s fitted with NF (G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX and G-VIIY) are not used for PEK or PVG.

However, G-YMMG which has been at CWL since 27/6, may be in for a NF refit. G-YMMG made flights to both PEK and PVG during the week before going to CWL. Refits have been taking about two weeks, though this may take a bit longer as it likely will be reconfigured with 14 F seats and the new style overhead crew rest installed (per previous postings to this thread by BingBongBoy and globalste).

So, as long as you're traveling after G-YMMG returns to service (approx 10/7) you could be in luck. The further out travel is, more in the G-YMM series will likely be refit as well. If MMB shows 14 F seats on either PEK or PVG, you likely are on a NF fitted 777 (instead of the current 13 F config).
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by SirThomas
I was having a look through the places visited by NF planes the other day and thought it odd that they weren't being put on NRT/PEK routings and the like... Lots of money in those places/ lots of people flying First normally...
Not yet, the only 777s fitted with NF (G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX and G-VIIY) are not used for PEK (see my previous post about future possibilities for PEK).

Originally Posted by SirThomas
Oh how I hope I get the new cabin to NRT on 2nd Aug...
Tom

EDIT: Come to think of it: the triple's are a little too small for those routes are they not?
747s are used to NRT and there is one 747 fitted with NF, G-CVIF which has been to NRT, though not very often. G-CVIF is one of the 26 70J 747s so you have about a 4% chance of NF.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheFlyingFoodie
The 5 777s fitted with NF (G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX and G-VIIY) are not used for PEK or PVG.

However, G-YMMG which has been at CWL since 27/6, may be in for a NF refit. G-YMMG made flights to both PEK and PVG during the week before going to CWL. Refits have been taking about two weeks, though this may take a bit longer as it likely will be reconfigured with 14 F seats and the new style overhead crew rest installed (per previous postings to this thread by BingBongBoy and globalste).

So, as long as you're traveling after G-YMMG returns to service (approx 10/7) you could be in luck. The further out travel is, more in the G-YMM series will likely be refit as well. If MMB shows 14 F seats on either PEK or PVG, you likely are on a NF fitted 777 (instead of the current 13 F config).
Thanks...well, I'm currently anticipating flying PEK-LHR on Aug 2nd and LHR-PVG on Aug. 6th, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 9:17 am

Thanks...well, I'm currently anticipating flying PEK-LHR on Aug 2nd and LHR-PVG on Aug. 6th, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Once you've made your booking, check the seat map on MMB and see if it has 14 F seats. If so, you will very likely be on a NF flight (if they do indeed replace the crew rest with a seat 4K). Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.