Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex & BA Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Hi All

Persuaded my mum that a BA Amex (premium plus) would be good for her to get the 241 vouchers.

Are there any referral bonuses for us, or a referer when we apply?

Cheers

stewaran
Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stewaran
Hi All

Persuaded my mum that a BA Amex (premium plus) would be good for her to get the 241 vouchers.

Are there any referral bonuses for us, or a referer when we apply?

Cheers

stewaran
Yes - 7,000 Avios for the applicant and 4,000 for the referrer. Not sure if there is any Quidco on the go.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
great - sounds fantastic thanks for the advice.

so am assuming that I just haven't been targeted yet - only had the card for a few months so maybe that's why.

Anyway, the gold card sounds a good way to go and also the benefit of x2 points I believe in supermarkets etc.
I've had the Plat card for a year and haven't been offered a transfer bonus so don't hold your breath!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Amarone
Yes - 7,000 Avios for the applicant and 4,000 for the referrer. Not sure if there is any Quidco on the go.
And those bonuses are well below the long term average, so I'd suggest you hold off a bit longer before applying if you can.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:13 am

I did have the offer online now I can't find it to check the T&C's, my miles have been transfered and have arrived with BA, but no bonus yet. I'm not too worried but does anyone rememeber when the bonus was applied ? immediate or end of offer ?? thanks.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:41 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by janed9388
I did have the offer online now I can't find it to check the T&C's, my miles have been transfered and have arrived with BA, but no bonus yet. I'm not too worried but does anyone rememeber when the bonus was applied ? immediate or end of offer ?? thanks.
Anytime between now and end Dec 2012.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Amarone
I've had the Plat card for a year and haven't been offered a transfer bonus so don't hold your breath!
Mr qc has had the card for about 7 years and no transfer bonus ever
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Is he opted out of marketing?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:05 am

Platinum Card sign on bonus is back

Looks like the Platinum Card 50K bonus is back for a £2k spend. Not available to existing Amex members.

The 50,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded onto your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available to existing American Express customers. Please note that it can take up to one month for bonus points to be awarded to your account.
Paul

Last edited by williemaykit; Sep 27, 2012 at 9:19 am Reason: Reference to Platinum Card
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by williemaykit
Looks like the 50K bonus is back for a £2k spend. Not available to existing Amex members.

Paul
link?

is there a referal bonus?

This is BAPP right?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:28 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Not if you get Membership Reward points. He's referring to the Platinum card - https://www.americanexpress.com/uk/c...platinum-card/
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:17 am

Yes sorry I was referring to the Platinum Card. That is what I get for multitasking
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
BA flight refund ?

What happens if I need to refund a flight and I no longer have/use the original payment card/account?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by firstclasslad
What happens if I need to refund a flight and I no longer have the original payment card?
It can be awkward (even if you still have the card but it's expired and has a new expiration date). It can be done manually by BA back-office staff so you need to call.

(In my case I had to call 4 times over a period of 3 months. It kept getting stuck because of the change in card details.)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I have had refunds paid to expired cards with no problem as long as the underlying account is still open. No idea what the practice may be if the account has been closed down entirely though.

Last edited by rembrandtuk; Sep 27, 2012 at 9:44 am Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.