Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:39 pm

I recently booked an award redemption on air canada using lifemiles. I received a confirmation email from lifemiles with the reservation code. Entering that into the Avianca website brings up the reservation info just fine. However, how do I get the record locator for Air Canada?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong
I recently booked an award redemption on air canada using lifemiles. I received a confirmation email from lifemiles with the reservation code. Entering that into the Avianca website brings up the reservation info just fine. However, how do I get the record locator for Air Canada?
They usually send an eticket email. Haven't you gotten one?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Well, the silence on the request in my previous post was deafening, so I just had the bright idea to check Avianca's web site and -- voila! -- you can display the reservation using the LM record locator number.

AND...

Lo and behold, you can confirm seat assignments! I now have two LM bookings involving TG, NH and OZ, and for all segments I was able to view the seat charts and confirm seats. Impressive.
Can you direct me to where on the Avianca site I can do this. I made a reservation (using lifemiles), but I don't even see on the avianca site how to display my upcoming reservations/trips, let alone try to select a seat or something like that. I figure it must be there somewhere but I'm just not seeing it.
Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: Lifemiles Avianca
Normally on Avianca you can choose your seat 24 hours before the flight starts.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:28 pm

That's fine if I can't select a seat way ahead of time. I just want to be able to view my reservation on their website.
Most other airlines have a "view your upcoming reservations" kind of tab. But I don't see that at Avianca
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:09 pm

What is AV's official schedule change policy? I cannot find it online and my thrid party booking site, Priceline is giving inconsistent info. My routing was changed from IAD-BOG-GIG-SSA to IAD- SAL (TACA Codeshare)-BOG-GIG-SSA. Also, the change was more than three hours. I found availability in a higher fare class L for IAD-BOG-GRU-SSA but they will not allow the change. I am booked in W. Thanks for any info you have,
Old Sep 17, 2018, 1:20 pm

Can I book a Singapore Air business or first class ticket with LifeMiles?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anlun
Can I book a Singapore Air business or first class ticket with LifeMiles?
Only regional SQ Business is available on the A330 and certain 777's.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:59 am

Has anyone, tried to cancel a lifemiles reservation. Using a Avianca issued EMD voucher to cover the penalty charge ?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Only regional SQ Business is available on the A330 and certain 777's.
Not necessarily I was just on their 350/380 on one reservation BNE-SIN-LHR.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Not necessarily I was just on their 350/380 on one reservation BNE-SIN-LHR.
With partner miles? Thats new! How did you manage that as I can't see any seats via UA.com on that route.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
With partner miles? Thats new! How did you manage that as I can't see any seats via UA.com on that route.
Not just partner, but Lifemiles...

onlysuites likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. Nice one!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:08 am

When buying LM with Avianca Vuela credit card, do you get additional 15% off? For example, a couple weeks ago through OMAAT LM could be purchased about 1.4 cents per mile. If the Avianca Vuela credit card was used, the cost would have been 1.19 cents?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:41 pm
Shl

Programs: BA Gold/ Star Alliance Gold
I have three questions - little bit confused:

I became an Amigo member via the last status match. I still have 9.000 amigo miles with them. I saw, that redeeming these miles for flights might be difficult.
I am based in LHR. I am reading a lot about LifeMiles

1. Is LifeMiles and Amigo the same? Can I use LifeMiles to redeem Amigo miles?
2. What could I do with 9.000 Amigo miles
3. When would these miles expire?

Amy suggestions appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.