Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by sodaisei
So, how good is this bonus miles promotion for someone based in Tokyo like me?

As far as I can see, I can only redeem award flights from Japan to other Asian regions and Australia.
Biz class round trip on ANA to Sydney for 80.000 avianca miles looks good using this promotion (around 135.000Yen) but how about availability?
You can check the availability by doing a search on LifeMiles web site. Log in, then in the menu bar, click "USE", then select "AIRLINES" and you can start your search. Note that it is not 80,000 miles for a round-trip ticket to Australia as there is a surcharge FROM Australia, so instead of being 40K to come back to Tokyo it will be 50K. So, you need 90K miles for a business round-trip ticket.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: ANA SFC (*G)
Originally Posted by erik19283
You can check the availability by doing a search on LifeMiles web site. Log in, then in the menu bar, click "USE", then select "AIRLINES" and you can start your search. Note that it is not 80,000 miles for a round-trip ticket to Australia as there is a surcharge FROM Australia, so instead of being 40K to come back to Tokyo it will be 50K. So, you need 90K miles for a business round-trip ticket.
Thank you!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lesamuel
Tonight, when I tried it again, this time with a Citi AA card, I got the following message:

"We already have your information, we will process your request and will contact you with the result of your transaction."
Similar situation for me. I tried making a purchase a few days ago. Received that same message. Next day, I couldn't log in. Emailed LM and they said to send a copy of my passport to allow me to log in again. I did, despite this being a ridiculous request that makes their system a valuable target for hackers. Still no miles. They replied saying they have no record of my transaction and to try again.

Great. There's a better promo now. Tried again. Got the same message. Credit card was again not charged. No miles credited. Are they morons? (Given the demand for copy of passport and the blocking of pasting into the credit card number field, I'm already firmly going with "yes", but further evidence might be worthwhile.) Are they likely to credit the miles?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Similar situation for me. I tried making a purchase a few days ago. Received that same message. Next day, I couldn't log in. Emailed LM and they said to send a copy of my passport to allow me to log in again. I did, despite this being a ridiculous request that makes their system a valuable target for hackers. Still no miles. They replied saying they have no record of my transaction and to try again.

Great. There's a better promo now. Tried again. Got the same message. Credit card was again not charged. No miles credited. Are they morons? (Given the demand for copy of passport and the blocking of pasting into the credit card number field, I'm already firmly going with "yes", but further evidence might be worthwhile.) Are they likely to credit the miles?
I have been trying to buy Lifemiles throughout the day and receive the error, as well. "Dear member. We already have your information , we will process your request and will contact you with the result of your transaction."

I have tried on three different computers and three different browsers with four different credit cards. Even my Lifemiles credit card doesn't work, although the card is about as reliable as Avianca's website. The bank doesn't see an authorization either, so I guess I won't be getting miles.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cruser1
I have tried on three different computers and three different browsers with four different credit cards. Even my Lifemiles credit card doesn't work, although the card is about as reliable as Avianca's website. The bank doesn't see an authorization either, so I guess I won't be getting miles.
That's sad or good, depending on whether this incompetent bunch goes bankrupt or not. I did actually get mine. They replied to my email suggesting that I phone "Avianca's Call Center and attempt the purchase miles process through such means". I procrastinated from doing that and some hours later my Amex was charged and my miles appeared.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:24 am

I tried booking an Air Canada flight through lifemiles today, got all the way to the CC page and after clicking submit I received a website server error and my miles weren't deducted. I went back to redo the search and that flight award availability is gone. Is it held for X hrs before being rereleased?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasonz9238
I tried booking an Air Canada flight through lifemiles today, got all the way to the CC page and after clicking submit I received a website server error and my miles weren't deducted. I went back to redo the search and that flight award availability is gone. Is it held for X hrs before being rereleased?
Yeah normally for 24 or 48hrs. If you want those flights they should be held under your name. Call them and they can normally find and issue it.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
See if your has ticketed and book another flight asap
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
Australia as there is a surcharge FROM Australia,
What's the surcharge about? Too many Aussie's using the program?

I just booked BKK-SYD using LM but used AA to book SYD-KUL-BKK because I needed to use some AA but also I wasn't keen on the extra 10k LM required for the SYD-BKK portion of an outdated 747 J cabin.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by DunhillGrey
What's the surcharge about? Too many Aussie's using the program?

I just booked BKK-SYD using LM but used AA to book SYD-KUL-BKK because I needed to use some AA but also I wasn't keen on the extra 10k LM required for the SYD-BKK portion of an outdated 747 J cabin.
Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine, but actually I do agree with your assessment.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Anyone knows how to do retroactive Lifemiles credit for Booking.com? Booked 3 separate stays couple months ago, the promise was 4 LM per USD.
It's been more than 2 months after the check-out date, and the miles still do not appear. Lifemiles told me to contact [email protected] and CS rep from Booking.com told me that they do not have such ability to retroactively claim the credit.
I do agree with CS rep of Booking.com that normally it's the partner who should ask for the miles.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by sch7458
Lifemiles told me to contact [email protected] and CS rep from Booking.com told me that they do not have such ability to retroactively claim the credit.
I do agree with CS rep of Booking.com that normally it's the partner who should ask for the miles.
Yes, it's the partner who should ask for the miles. The partner in this instance is booking.com. It's a booking.com link. Only booking.com can credit the miles. If LM hasn't received the request, there's nothing LM can do about that. They're not going to give miles away for nothing. As always, it's totally up to the partner to work out what happened with their credit (or whether they tried to credit at all) and fix it.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I can't get the new website to show up a LH flight which is available. Its only showing United and when I select LH from the drop down menu it says the airline does not fly this route.

Anyway to go back to the old website? Before Argentina was the old website but even that is now new. I have not saved the old website.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: HH-D / IHG-Sp / Marriott-P / LH-SEN / BA-S
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Yes, it's the partner who should ask for the miles. The partner in this instance is booking.com. It's a booking.com link. Only booking.com can credit the miles. If LM hasn't received the request, there's nothing LM can do about that. They're not going to give miles away for nothing. As always, it's totally up to the partner to work out what happened with their credit (or whether they tried to credit at all) and fix it.
Hmmh, maybe for clarification: normally it should be your 'home program' who should ask the partner for mileage credit, like for instance in following case:
As Lufthansa Miles&More member, I should ask LH M&M to credit missing miles from partner airlines I flew (e.g. United or ANA or whatsoever), not that I contact MileagePlus or ANA Mileage Club.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I can't get the new website to show up a LH flight which is available. Its only showing United and when I select LH from the drop down menu it says the airline does not fly this route.

Anyway to go back to the old website? Before Argentina was the old website but even that is now new. I have not saved the old website.

What's the route / date? I can get the old search on my browser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.