Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Guvner067
What's the route / date? I can get the old search on my browser.
Not really about getting availability as I know its there. I need to know how to get the old browser so I can book it. Thank you for your offer though.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
X-post

Hello,

I (begrudgingly) booked an award on TK for 2018 a few months ago. Then, lo and behold, TK moved the flight forward five minutes, prompting a big exclamation mark on my reservation, asking for me to confirm the new itinerary or to call in. I'm wondering if anybody has had success getting the agents to change a reservation for free because of a schedule change, no matter how minute.

According to the Twitter team, the schedule change needs to be an "Operational Change" to qualify for a fee waiver but wouldn't elaborate on what that was and suggested I call. I see a much more desirable routing on other partner airlines that I want to change to, but don't want to pay fees.

Any and all advice appreciated!

*Also, I can't seem to get the old booking engine to come up. Some seem to suggest more available space can be seen, as I think AV is blocking SK and LX redemptions available elsewhere.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: United Gold (frmer. 1k and GS), AAdvantage Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cruser1
I have been trying to buy Lifemiles throughout the day and receive the error, as well. "Dear member. We already have your information , we will process your request and will contact you with the result of your transaction."

I have tried on three different computers and three different browsers with four different credit cards. Even my Lifemiles credit card doesn't work, although the card is about as reliable as Avianca's website. The bank doesn't see an authorization either, so I guess I won't be getting miles.
When this happened to me, I called Citi and had them put a hold on my card. The next morning they said they got three attempted transactions from Avianca, all the same amount (I auth'd twice). Don't buy miles at night in Columbia.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:04 pm

What's the route / date? I can get the old search on my browser.
Can you still get the old search? It worked for me using incognito mode until about one or two weeks ago. Now that doesn't even work anymore for me. I tried Chrome, Firefoxx and IE.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
No, it no longer works for me.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Well, I take that back. The old engine is available to me again.

Browser: Chrome.
All cookies deleted
My location : Melbourne Australia
Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Well, I take that back. The old engine is available to me again.

Browser: Chrome.
All cookies deleted
My location : Melbourne Australia
It sounds ridiculous...but other people have eluded to it too...it seems to be available at specific times of day!
I tried earlier...was redirected to new interface.
Tried now, seeing as you mentioned it...no cookies cleared, no location changes...and the old search is available.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
It sounds ridiculous...but other people have eluded to it too...it seems to be available at specific times of day!
I tried earlier...was redirected to new interface.
Tried now, seeing as you mentioned it...no cookies cleared, no location changes...and the old search is available.
what times of the day are people seeing the old egine? i'm less miles on the old engine 8k vs 15k for icn-kix and i'm trying to book!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:13 pm

Just tried to book my First Class flight.
I entered the credit card information and sent it. However, received the following message:

We have charged your credit card the cost of this transaction, but the reservation will be finished by our support team.
Your reservation record XXX
For questions....
So will this actually work? The flight is this Monday.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by MTHTravel
I entered the credit card information and sent it. However, received the following message:

Please, let us know how it ended up.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 1:21 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by MTHTravel
We have charged your credit card the cost of this transaction, but the reservation will be finished by our support team.
Your reservation record XXX
For questions....
Did it work? Were there any hiccups at the airport?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: AC A
I received the same "We have charged your credit card for the cost of this transaction, but the reservation will be finished by our support team" message last night when booking TG F, e-mailed support, and overnight I received the e-ticket and confirmation number. Checked the confirmation on the Thai website, and it comes up as booked, and I am able to select seats.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:21 am

I have had the sake by booking thai first in over 11month. I got booing code and ticket umbers and the ticket number is also in the thai airways system. But the miles are still on my lifemiles account after three weeks. Seems to be the same by other thai bookings?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by 1984SW
Did it work? Were there any hiccups at the airport?
No issues at all.

I got the ticket confirmation around 12h after I made the booking.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Are flights and credit cards the only way to extend the life of LifeMiles or can it be done by purchasing miles or rental cars too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.