Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
0800 numbers are only available to call from the country in which they are published.

Contact numbers can be found here: https://portal.staralliance.com/cms/..._FINAL_web.pdf

By the way, anyone who "requires" the *A handbook should download that link...there's some handy info in there.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Guvner067
0800 numbers are only available to call from the country in which they are published.

Contact numbers can be found here: https://portal.staralliance.com/cms/..._FINAL_web.pdf

By the way, anyone who "requires" the *A handbook should download that link...there's some handy info in there.
Looks like an interesting read.

I booked a South African flight through Travelocity a few hours ago. In the option to put in my FF number I selected Avianca but it said LM not Amigo. I put my Amigo number anyway. Will it register with SA or will I have to phone?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:34 am

Showing credit card at check in?

Hi! I booked a ticket using my LM for my friend and his wife on EVA, using my credit card. Will they need to show my credit card at check-in? Or shld I get an indemnity form from EVA? Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by straits38
Hi! I booked a ticket using my LM for my friend and his wife on EVA, using my credit card. Will they need to show my credit card at check-in?
No.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
I have a couple of paid flights next month on South African Airways. Can I sign up for Lifemiles and have the flights credited to that account?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
of course. why not? The moment you sign up you get a membership number.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
I booked ORD>TGU in business on Avianca. Never flown them before. Will I get lounge access in terminal 5 at ORD?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
I booked ORD>TGU in business on Avianca. Never flown them before. Will I get lounge access in terminal 5 at ORD?
You're flying in business class, so obviously you will get lounge access in ORD.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Originally Posted by erik19283
You're flying in business class, so obviously you will get lounge access in ORD.
Great, thanks. I don't recall Avianca having a lounge in the terminal, do you know what lounge Avianca uses at ORD?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Great, thanks. I don't recall Avianca having a lounge in the terminal, do you know what lounge Avianca uses at ORD?
If you follow this link you will go to Star Alliance's lounge finder. Just enter any airport code and you'll get the list of lounges available. It doesn't have to be an Avianca's lounge for you to be allowed to enter. You are flying a member of Star Alliance, so you can enter the lounge of another airline, which is an advantage of the "alliance".

Last edited by erik19283; Mar 14, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by regiobaden
Hi guys!

I'm new to LM and want to know if this trip on one ticket would be possible and how I'd book it (assuming availability on all legs in Economy):

Bozeman - Denver (UA)
- 5 hr connection -
Denver - Washington (UA)
- 3 hr connection -
Washington - Boston (UA)
- 7 hr 9 minute layover, leaving the airport to retrieve luggage from Boston -
Boston - Frankfurt (LH)

The key is a layover in Boston to get luggage, I chose DEN and IAD only because that's the route showing award availability right now.
I don't understand what you're saying will happen in Boston.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Mar 16, 2017 at 3:13 pm
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:53 pm

Doing some googling, it seems that Asiana F should be available - But despite finding F availability on the 12:20 AM flight from LAX-ICN on every other partner on almost every day, none is appearing in the Avianca search.

Is there a general problem with Asiana F and booking that I'm unaware of or is it this particular flight? Could it have to do with the time of travel given the time options in the avianca bookings seem to start at 5 am?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jupiterslament
Doing some googling, it seems that Asiana F should be available - But despite finding F availability on the 12:20 AM flight from LAX-ICN on every other partner on almost every day, none is appearing in the Avianca search.

Is there a general problem with Asiana F and booking that I'm unaware of or is it this particular flight? Could it have to do with the time of travel given the time options in the avianca bookings seem to start at 5 am?
I am not sure if it is a general problem. However, in december I noticed that Asiana F available via United was not available through Lifemiles
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
Originally Posted by jupiterslament

For the search engine the day has 24 hours, so that's not the problem.
But we need to repeat one more time: *-partners can open different amounts of award seats to different carriers, so it could be an Asiana thing (though I've always found them rather generous with LM).
Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen
For the search engine the day has 24 hours, so that's not the problem.
But we need to repeat one more time: *-partners can open different amounts of award seats to different carriers, so it could be an Asiana thing (though I've always found them rather generous with LM).
Thanks, that's what I figured, I just wanted to confirm since as you said, Asiana doesn't seem to cause people as many problems around here as something like Lufthansa...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.