Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:37 am

I can't seem to view the receipt for an award ticket I booked. I can access the list of receipts under "Your LifeMiles" and "Print Receipts" but when I click on "view" I get a blank page.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by adlibitum
I can't seem to view the receipt for an award ticket I booked. I can access the list of receipts under "Your LifeMiles" and "Print Receipts" but when I click on "view" I get a blank page.

Any thoughts?

thanks
Try a different browser (IE).
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Try a different browser (IE).
So far I've tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox, don't have IE
Old Nov 6, 2016, 8:39 am

You're outta luck then.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:18 am

Hello all.

My turn for a stupid question...

I flew eight Avianca flights in July this year (six economy, two business). When I checked in, I credited the miles to my Iberia Plus account every time - yet the miles appeared in my LifeMiles account and LifeMiles won't move them as when I booked I gave them my LM number. That's pretty annoying!

So now I'm stuck with just under 4000 LifeMiles. I know that's a paltry amount, but I want to do something with them. I notice they partner with Hilton, but I can't quite make out what I can do - can I transfer the miles? I know it's a minimum of 5000.

Is there anything else I can somehow use them on? I'm British and in the UK if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:28 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
How much time does the LM card usually take to deliver. (US and Europe)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:23 am

Two questions!

1. The 8 hour transit routing rule: Having googled "lifemiles routing rules" it seems accepted wisdom that the 8 hours is the max connection time. However having read and re-read the T&C of Lifemiles redemption on their website - nowhere does it stipulate this, nor mandate online bookings. Given the prevalence of the screenshot method - are connections now potentially as long as 23:59 hours as per most bookings?

2. Air China doesn't show as an option to book on the Lifemiles page? Am I missing something? Even when I click the "smart search" dropdown - Air China is the only option that isn't available - am I missing something?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:56 am

Air China and South African are not bookable with LMs.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Air China and South African are not bookable with LMs.
Cheers - that answers q2 nice and simply!
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by baggyred
Given the prevalence of the screenshot method - are connections now potentially as long as 23:59 hours as per most bookings?
Occasionally the website offers something 8hrs+. And yes, people have got longer connections using the screenshot method but this is totally at the discretion of the person dealing with the request and the rules they come up with.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Occasionally the website offers something 8hrs+. And yes, people have got longer connections using the screenshot method but this is totally at the discretion of the person dealing with the request and the rules they come up with.
I understand the point about each individual employee - but I guess what I was getting at is reading the T&Cs - there isn't a specific exclusion about 8 hours, nor is there a requirement to use the web for bookings.

I assume the screenshot method is to avoid "lost in translation" issues when booking flights - instead of simply phoning (which i appreciate might be a long journey in itself)
Old Nov 16, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by baggyred
I understand the point about each individual employee - but I guess what I was getting at is reading the T&Cs - there isn't a specific exclusion about 8 hours, nor is there a requirement to use the web for bookings.

I assume the screenshot method is to avoid "lost in translation" issues when booking flights - instead of simply phoning (which i appreciate might be a long journey in itself)
The T&Cs are barely relevant though...according to them LM has no routing rules! There is no rule relating to screenshot stopover length...some people have got 16 hours layovers, others have been denied the same thing. The screenshot method is used to hint at things that it looks like should be possible on the website...hence the screenshots. Bookings are decided on that basis...it would be much more painful starting with a phone call without backup evidence.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Lifemiles
Hello all! I could really use some help here.

My mother flew with avianca about five times in the last 3 months without giving her lifemiles number, therefore has not recieved credit for her miles. Also, she missed one of her flights.
Is there a way to redeem those miles on past flights?
Is it possible to redeem miles on a missed flight?
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: Pascal and Python, no C++
yes. https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/ear/ret/retsol.aspx
no.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by adlibitum
So far I've tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox, don't have IE
Try holding the CTRL button down as you click it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.