Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2014, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Coronawiki (March 2020)
Does anyone know if Lifemiles will waive cancellation fees for an award ticket due to COVID-19 concerns?
Unfortunately, barring an outright flight cancellation, Lifemiles will not waive cancel fees.
Just pay the $200 as a "self caution fee". (nobody is actually preventing you the passenger from flying as you booked).
In the future, it would be wise to invest in travel insurance.
=====
Transferring Amex MR points will extend expiration of LM. Post #906 confirms this. Expiration date updates overnight, so wait 24 hours after the transferred miles have posted to LM.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: the price per mile purchased during award booking varies significantly depending on how many miles are purchased. The "sweet spots" are between 38% and 58% of the total mileage required, where miles are purchased for 1.5 cents. See here for some examples.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An example is travel on Avianca from LAX to SJU (via SAL/BOG). For additional information see the WIKI of this thread.

https://www.lifemiles.com/eng/abo/wnb/wnbtercond.aspx
Miles Expiration Policy valid from April 15th , 2018.
  1. Any miles accrual transaction in a member´s account in the Program extends the validity of the miles in the account of such member for a term of twelve (12) months from the date of such accrual of miles. Other transactions that may affect the balance of miles in a member’s account, including redemption transactions, will have no effect on them and will not extend the validity of the miles in such account. This general rule will have the following exceptions that extend the validity of such miles in the account of such member for twenty-four (24) months from the date of such accrual: (i) any accrual of miles in a member´s account with an Elite Status at the time of the accrual; (ii) any accrual of miles derived from a cobranded credit or debit cards under the LifeMiles brand.
  2. ......the following accrual activities do not extend the validity of the miles in the member´s account: 1) the birthday bonus or any other miles bonus that may be given by the LifeMiles Program and LifeMiles LTD so establishes.; 2) the migration of points or miles from other loyalty programs to the LifeMiles Program made as a consequence of the union of both loyalty programs or the migration of one member from another loyalty program to the LifeMiles Program; and 3) the merger of accounts of the LifeMiles Program, including those derived from a member´s duplicate accounts.
Print Wikipost

LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:58 am

I added my LM number to a UA itinerary after the first two segments were already flown. Do I need to submit a request on the LM website for the miles for those two segments, or should they post automatically?

Also, in general, if I add an LM number to a UA itinerary, do miles post after each segment is flown or after the entire itinerary is flown?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, HH Gold, US Gold
Hi guys,

trying to redeem some life miles on SQ but have been having difficulties. Can LF not even see the short haul space that SQ makes available to partners? Is this common?

im looking for SIN- AKL on 12/19. It's bookable through united but not life miles.

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Looks like LH is now blocking J seats to LM. Seeing seats via EF and UA which LM can't see. Even their email department couldn't see them. Interestingly enough even SQ can't see them.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by graj08
Hi guys,

trying to redeem some life miles on SQ but have been having difficulties. Can LF not even see the short haul space that SQ makes available to partners? Is this common?

im looking for SIN- AKL on 12/19. It's bookable through united but not life miles.

Thanks!
I think its a NZ issue as there are SQ J seats to Aus.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
You might be able to try SIN>MEL/SYD/ADL/>AKL by SQ and NZ via screenshot?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
So I have a couple Aeromexico tickets I never credited anywhere because I was trying to decide what to do with them. I'm pretty sure I've decided to credit them to Avianca. BUT, it seems like you can only request retroactive mileage in lifemiles if the flights were with Avianca? I did some searching around and found some info to the contrary that you could call Avianca, but I couldn't find anything up to date on their site.

Anyone know for sure?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 4:19 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Is there a limit on the number of segments that can be booked on a one-way LM award ticket?

I'm looking at: BKK-HKG-TPE-LAX-CLE-LGA in J-J-J-Y-Y cabins and wondering if I can book it (via e-mail of screen shots) for 60k LM miles. (The HKG-TPE-LAX portion shows bookable in J cabin for 60k miles.)

If so, would LM let me waitlist for J/F cabins on LAX-CLE-LGA? (Or, could I do that with UA?)

Last edited by wpcoe; Feb 28, 2018 at 11:37 pm Reason: corrected routing to LAX-CLE-LGA not LAX-LGA-CLE <sigh...>
Old Mar 18, 2018, 3:00 pm

I am considering getting into Lifemiles now that it is a TYP transfer option. The no YQ policy, and the supposedly short transfer time, makes it look very attractive, especially for flights to Europe. Based on the problems I see here do you guys think its worth using Lifemiles or sticking with Krisflyer for TYP star alliance awards?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by longnight
I am considering getting into Lifemiles now that it is a TYP transfer option. The no YQ policy, and the supposedly short transfer time, makes it look very attractive, especially for flights to Europe. Based on the problems I see here do you guys think its worth using Lifemiles or sticking with Krisflyer for TYP star alliance awards?
I suggest you try to make a few searches to see if you could find any availability for flights/routes that you may be interested in, and you'll see if you can come up with anything decent or not. That should help you see if LifeMiles can be useful to your or not. It used to be for me, but not anymore. Availabily has become a lot less.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Anyone have enough experience with AV to know if I will still earn miles on a paid itinerary if I throw away the last leg?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Anyone have enough experience with AV to know if I will still earn miles on a paid itinerary if I throw away the last leg?
That would depend on :
The type of ticket+
The itinerary +
​​​IMPORTANTLY if a stopover is allowed at the point where you don't use the last leg.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
moved to another thread

Last edited by beachfan; Mar 21, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:55 pm

Any miles credited?

If I book an award flight with miles and cash combined do I earn any miles?

Thanks.

Michaelmorio
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
If I book an award flight with miles and cash combined do I earn any miles?
No, you don't.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
No, you don't.
Thanks. But that's too bad...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.