Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by kevino
Correct, no more security screening, but in late Jan. at T3 the guard still asked to see a copy of my itinerary. I told him I didn't have it, that I was on SQ and kept walking. The couple ahead of me was turned away for some reason and didn't enter the terminal.
You're supposed to show proof of being a passenger otherwise you'll have to use the non-passenger entrances and go through a security check. As you noted, enforcement is hit or miss.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA1k3.05mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by yannix
You're supposed to show proof of being a passenger otherwise you'll have to use the non-passenger entrances and go through a security check. As you noted, enforcement is hit or miss.
Haha, I never knew there was a non-passenger entrance. Thanks. Is there one at every terminal? I went to an airline ticket office upstairs at T1 a long time ago, so used that excuse before for not having a ticket.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
Haha, I never knew there was a non-passenger entrance. Thanks. Is there one at every terminal? I went to an airline ticket office upstairs at T1 a long time ago, so used that excuse before for not having a ticket.
AFAIK only at T3. Except for some brief periods due to security incidents, T3 has always allowed non-passenger access (a rarity in PH airports) since it opened.
LOL, that excuse won't work at all terminals
Davvidd and MikeCL like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:28 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Unfortunately this is pure politics. they know it too as there is simply no space apart from reclaiming land and everyone knows that it is not going to happen. Plus with the Bulacan airport already given out and the refusal of Bong Bong to make a duty free zone the idea is dead before it started. I am more worried about the politics of what is going to happen now with the attempt to change the constitution.
Looks like there is a plan by the San Miguel-led consortium to build a new Terminal 5 (in the old Philippine Village Hotel complex).

https://www.rappler.com/business/ram...G1RJL#cxrecs_s
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:02 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The Rappler eh? I would not believe half the stuff they come up with anyway. As Ramon Ang says the airport is mostly limited by its runway capacity. They simply do not have space currently available to do anything else. There is no way that the two lane highway to Pasay can be built in such a short time. Plus Magallanes is one of the most busiest roads there. Looks like a pitch to get the DF zone in Bulacan Airport zone.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:50 pm

I have flight hkg stopover in mnl for 5 hours then to usu will my bags be checked all the way through or do I have to claim first, I want to know so I can drop my extra bags off in mml before the next flight?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
PAL or CebuPac? Either way you will have to go through customs and get bags, this is from PAL website

When connecting from an international to a domestic flight, it is important to note that even if your bags are checked through, you may still need to collect your luggage at the country's point of entry, have them cleared by customs, and then return them to the baggage assistance desk. The bags will then be transported and loaded onto your connecting domestic flight, depending on the airport.

note that with pal you will have to go from T1 to T2. Cebu PAC will require a T3 to T4 transfer
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
PAL or CebuPac? Either way you will have to go through customs and get bags, this is from PAL website

When connecting from an international to a domestic flight, it is important to note that even if your bags are checked through, you may still need to collect your luggage at the country's point of entry, have them cleared by customs, and then return them to the baggage assistance desk. The bags will then be transported and loaded onto your connecting domestic flight, depending on the airport.

note that with pal you will have to go from T1 to T2. Cebu PAC will require a T3 to T4 transfer
pal but nothing is stopping me from going out the door and with my bags and rechecking myself later without them
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ijones027
pal but nothing is stopping me from going out the door and with my bags and rechecking myself later without them
Then it is better you only check in to MNL. Otherwise your bags will be checked and tagged to your destination and the system will show that you have bags and you cannot recheck yourself again.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:58 pm

Then it is better you only check in to MNL. Otherwise your bags will be checked and tagged to your destination and the system will show that you have bags and you cannot recheck yourself again.
ah but I have the ability to do that on such a short flight?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:07 pm

ah but I have the ability to do that on such a short flight?
maybe I am not getting this correctly. Do you want to leave your bags in MNL and not take it on your onward flight? If so if you check your bags to your final destination then if you leave it behind it may create a problem for you because you have thru checked bags and then you are trying to recheck and you cannot recheck into a flight that you have checked in and traveled.
However if your bags are thru checked then it is the duty of the airline to make sure that your bags are delivered to you at your destination. Tickets cannot be sold if the minimum connecting time is shorter that the connecting time of the ticket. So what goes wrong in missing bags is the airlines responsibility. If my memory serves me right if it is.a thru checked bags then you do not even take it out of the arrival but they have a side belt where you belt your transfer bags and then PAL takes care of it and delvers in the your final destination.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:16 pm

maybe I am not getting this correctly. Do you want to leave your bags in MNL and not take it on your onward flight? If so if you check your bags to your final destination then if you leave it behind it may create a problem for you because you have thru checked bags and then you are trying to recheck and you cannot recheck into a flight that you have checked in and traveled.
However if your bags are thru checked then it is the duty of the airline to make sure that your bags are delivered to you at your destination. Tickets cannot be sold if the minimum connecting time is shorter that the connecting time of the ticket. So what goes wrong in missing bags is the airlines responsibility. If my memory serves me right if it is.a thru checked bags then you do not even take it out of the arrival but they have a side belt where you belt your transfer bags and then PAL takes care of it and delvers in the your final destination.
yes basically my stopover in Manila is 5 hours so that should give me enough time to drop it off in Manila especially i don't want to bring or pay for my bags back from usu to Manila on the way back
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:41 am

yes basically my stopover in Manila is 5 hours so that should give me enough time to drop it off in Manila especially i don't want to bring or pay for my bags back from usu to Manila on the way back
Yes you can drop it off in MNL provided that you do not check in to USU. If you check in to USU then the airline will be looking for your bag from MNL to USU and you would already have a boarding card and a baggage tag issued for USU. You cannot be able to check in for the second time since you have already checked in.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:30 pm

We’ve had an interesting experience: a long layover (11 hours) so planned to go into town for the day, and take a UA flight onwards (bags checked all the way through to destination).

We took TG620 from BKK to MNL and when we got off the plane, there was a Filipino individual with a tire weigh sign with our name on it, she proceeded to explain that we had to pick up our bags and take them with us if we went into town, they would only transfer them if we stayed in the airport. We went outside and we had to pick them up and take them with us or pay to have them stored.

I’ve never had that experience before, if it was less than 12 hours, I’ve always left my luggage and they automatically put it on the next flight. Is this normal?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by badAmex
We’ve had an interesting experience: a long layover (11 hours) so planned to go into town for the day, and take a UA flight onwards (bags checked all the way through to destination).

We took TG620 from BKK to MNL and when we got off the plane, there was a Filipino individual with a tire weigh sign with our name on it, she proceeded to explain that we had to pick up our bags and take them with us if we went into town, they would only transfer them if we stayed in the airport. We went outside and we had to pick them up and take them with us or pay to have them stored.

I’ve never had that experience before, if it was less than 12 hours, I’ve always left my luggage and they automatically put it on the next flight. Is this normal?
Thats very interesting. Was it a UA staff or a TG staff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.