Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Feb 15, 2024, 11:39 am

Yes, Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport offers a shuttle service between Terminals 2 and 3. The shuttle is a practical way to go between terminals and runs on a regular basis. For the most up-to-date information, it's best to verify with airport authorities or shuttle service providers regarding precise specifics like fees, frequency, and duration, as they may differ. Taking the shuttle instead of a taxi might sometimes be more affordable, particularly if you're going alone or in a small group. But if you're going somewhere with lots of bags or a larger group, a taxi can be a more handy and pleasant choice.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:32 pm

I just came back from the Philippines it was only a week again but I did get to see the new Mabuhay lounge.. I don't know if it's my mileage but the first time I went I don't remember anyone saying I had lounge access. However when I got my boarding tickets to go back to the US I saw the dreaded SSSS on my ticket but from what I understand they have to select a few amount for US bound flights.
BusinessElite25 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by whughes3
The PAGSS lounge definitely has showers...but note that the last few times I have been there at least one was out of action,
Speaking of that I only got a good look of this lounge since the X-ray and security screening was working this time.. last year in Aug they made us do it right at the gate which pissed off a lot of people because they blocked off the area to the bathrooms and it was a lot of confusion.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
The CAB counter is easy to find at every airport in the Philippines. No headwinds are not considered weather by the CAB. So if your flight was delayed by more than 4 hours PAL has to compensate to you. CAB does investigate if it really is weather or they just try to pass the buck as "weather"? They also look at the ticket you have bought and if it shows a direct flight from JFK to MNL or not. They look at the fight number and what PAL has filed with them for the traffic rights. Yes it may take a bit of time but you probably would get something out of PAL.
I never got to go to the CAB counter I was in a rush to make the 5J flight but It was beyond stupid.. sat at LAX for a little over an hour at first they made it seem like we were able to get off then they said we had to stay on.. we left late from LAX as well.it sucked because I had to take the 5J to Cebu and by all was said and done it was like 10 PM by the time I was at the hotel..
Old Feb 20, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by MikeCL
I never got to go to the CAB counter I was in a rush to make the 5J flight but It was beyond stupid.. sat at LAX for a little over an hour at first they made it seem like we were able to get off then they said we had to stay on.. we left late from LAX as well.it sucked because I had to take the 5J to Cebu and by all was said and done it was like 10 PM by the time I was at the hotel..
You can still write to them with all the details. Email them.
MikeCL likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Qatar Privilege Gold
The last time I passed through Manila was 2019. If anyone can help me out with these questions it would be most appreciated:

- Has the e-Travel Registration system reduce the chaotic Arrivals Hall before Immigration filling out the Paper forms?

- Departing Terminal 3... for a 7pm flight. Do you still have a long queue just to enter the terminal building? Can this be skipped if you are travelling in Business? (Last time the security guard offered his own kind of fast track service lets say!)
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by coatesh89
- Departing Terminal 3... for a 7pm flight. Do you still have a long queue just to enter the terminal building? Can this be skipped if you are travelling in Business? (Last time the security guard offered his own kind of fast track service lets say!)
As long as you enter using the T3 'Passenger entrances', there really isn't any queue. The guards will sometimes ask for proof of travel. The other non-passenger entrances (IIRC, Gate 5 and parking garage) still has a security queue.
AFAIK, there isn't any official fast track security/immigration for Business/First passengers in Phils.
SPN Lifer and coatesh89 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: BA GfL
Flew out of T3 last week and there wasn't much wait to get into the terminal. Grab driver dropped me off at the gate with least number of passengers queueing. A few days earlier, I arrived in T1 and it was straightforward since there were no forms to fill. You'll need to scan a QR code generated by the online arrivals form before exiting customs hall.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:13 pm

There is no security screening anymore when you enter the Terminal.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by coatesh89 (Post # 981)
The last time I passed through Manila was 2019. If anyone can help me out with these questions it would be most appreciated:

- Has the e-Travel Registration system reduce the chaotic Arrivals Hall before Immigration filling out the Paper forms?
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
I arrived in T1 and it was straightforward since there were no forms to fill. You'll need to scan a QR code generated by the online arrivals form before exiting customs hall.
Yes, the e-Travel Registration QR codes have greatly streamlined the arrival experience. I would recommend taking a screenshot of one's QR code, in case the various data or wi-fi options aren't working at MNL. One can register up to 72 hours prior to arrival.

https://etravel.gov.ph/
coatesh89 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:17 am

Looking at an itinerary with Cebu Air via MNL arriving from SIN @ 0540 and departing for HKG @0715, have 1h 35m between flights, only carry on.

Is 1h 35m enough? Is there an international transfer process set up at T3 (Cebu Air terminal), so that I do not have to go through immigration/arrivals? What will the transfer process be like?

Unfortunately Cebu Air do not want to sell this itinerary as one ticket, as they require minimum of 4h connection time. So will book as two separate tickets. At SIN, will they be able to check me in and give me the boarding pass for the MNL-HKG flight? If not, are there transfer desks at MNL, or will I have to clear immigration and go normal route via departures?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by B747forever
Looking at an itinerary with Cebu Air via MNL arriving from SIN @ 0540 and departing for HKG @0715, have 1h 35m between flights, only carry on.

Is 1h 35m enough? Is there an international transfer process set up at T3 (Cebu Air terminal), so that I do not have to go through immigration/arrivals? What will the transfer process be like?

Unfortunately Cebu Air do not want to sell this itinerary as one ticket, as they require minimum of 4h connection time. So will book as two separate tickets. At SIN, will they be able to check me in and give me the boarding pass for the MNL-HKG flight? If not, are there transfer desks at MNL, or will I have to clear immigration and go normal route via departures?
I think you meant Cebu Pacific? If so they are a LLC ( Low cost airline) and operate point to point normally. They might not allow you to get a boarding pass from SIN to HKG and if they refuse then they are within their rights to do so. There are flights that are less than 3 hours and more than 4 hours too but 5J says that you have to collect your baggage and check it again in MNL. so it looks like they are operating as two different flights and they probably do not have the right to operate from SIN to HGK even via MNL as one flight.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by B747forever (Post # 986)
Is there an international transfer process set up at T3 (Cebu [Pacific] Air terminal), so that I do not have to go through immigration/arrivals? What will the transfer process be like?​​​
Upon arrival at MNL Terminal 3, there are signs for "Arrivals" and "Transfers". However, I have only taken the former, which leads down a long slope to the arrival level.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:22 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Davvidd
There is no security screening anymore when you enter the Terminal.
Correct, no more security screening, but in late Jan. at T3 the guard still asked to see a copy of my itinerary. I told him I didn't have it, that I was on SQ and kept walking. The couple ahead of me was turned away for some reason and didn't enter the terminal.
coatesh89 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:34 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by yannix
As long as you enter using the T3 'Passenger entrances', there really isn't any queue. The guards will sometimes ask for proof of travel. The other non-passenger entrances (IIRC, Gate 5 and parking garage) still has a security queue.
AFAIK, there isn't any official fast track security/immigration for Business/First passengers in Phils.
Correct, no fast track for Business/First/ or elites. However, there is APEC at arrivals and departures at all 3 terminals and at T3 departures on the far right along with crew and diplomats, APEC gets you to a separate security check area first (the general T3 line does immigration first), then separate immigration, unlike T1 departure where APEC immigration then funnels you to the general security line. T2 might have changed within the last year given it's new domestic focus.
SPN Lifer and coatesh89 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.