Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:38 pm

Wow ... my rebooking is almost the same cost as it was to book it..
Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by MikeCL
There is a CAB ( Civil Aeronautics Board) counter at MNL. Report to them and be furious but polite with them. Already this is a huge issue in the Philippines and the Senate is after the airlines for these kinds of issues. I know that it is a separate ticket but these huge delays and passengers missing their connections is something they are looking into now. What is your connection time in MNL and in reference to your original arrival time?
MikeCL likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
There is a CAB ( Civil Aeronautics Board) counter at MNL. Report to them and be furious but polite with them. Already this is a huge issue in the Philippines and the Senate is after the airlines for these kinds of issues. I know that it is a separate ticket but these huge delays and passengers missing their connections is something they are looking into now. What is your connection time in MNL and in reference to your original arrival time?
I was to arrive at 7:35 am and the 5J would leave at 11:10 am so I had a little downtime, it was $164 just to rebook now for 6:25pm I also have to inform the hotel that im going to be super late.

Is the CAB easy to find? I just don't get it.. is the plane not allowed to refuel at JFK? I assume it's going to fly east to west, the last time I flew on PAL (same flight number) we flew west to east
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
just got off the phone with PAL she said it was a fuel stop at LAX.. its crazy so why cant it refuel in JfK? She checked but Im going to have to go with rebooking with Cebu pac.
One can add as much fuel as the tanks can hold, but that will have a bearing on the take off weight of the plane. The end result of your idea to add fuel at JFK would mean that all the balikbayan cartons will need to be off loaded.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
One can add as much fuel as the tanks can hold, but that will have a bearing on the take off weight of the plane. The end result of your idea to add fuel at JFK would mean that all the balikbayan cartons will need to be off loaded.
Thats true it seems would they encounter more headwinds from east to west?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Thats true it seems would they encounter more headwinds from east to west?
Yes
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller
Yes
I got to the check in counter at JFK and they had a printed copy of the reason why and it said weather I just wished it was a bit more clear I got 4 emails about flight changes without much else to to go off of
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:54 pm

I view 5J fares as generally "non-refundable". Yes you can technically rebook/refund them but the fees and charges means you effectively lose the bulk of what you paid. Gov't taxes/fees are always refundable, at least in theory.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:56 pm

I got to the check in counter at JFK and they had a printed copy of the reason why and it said weather I just wished it was a bit more clear I got 4 emails about flight changes without much else to to go off of
The CAB counter is easy to find at every airport in the Philippines. No headwinds are not considered weather by the CAB. So if your flight was delayed by more than 4 hours PAL has to compensate to you. CAB does investigate if it really is weather or they just try to pass the buck as "weather"? They also look at the ticket you have bought and if it shows a direct flight from JFK to MNL or not. They look at the fight number and what PAL has filed with them for the traffic rights. Yes it may take a bit of time but you probably would get something out of PAL.
MikeCL likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:40 am

Terminal 3 Lounges

Pretty hard to get lounge information for T3.

I believe official airport website is miaa.gov.ph but the only relevant yet unhelpful information is under FAQS section.

PAGSS website pagssinc.com only lists their lounges across the country- with no detailed information on hours and services.

Maharba website marhabaservices.com was promising as it had more specific lounge details- but only for the one in T1.

Apart from Priority Pass website, where else can valid information be seen? I was hoping to cross reference PP information to be sure I was seeing up to date info re operating hours.

Very specifically, also need to know which lounges have shower facilities.

Thanks for any help.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by imbisibol
Pretty hard to get lounge information for T3.

I believe official airport website is miaa.gov.ph but the only relevant yet unhelpful information is under FAQS section.

PAGSS website pagssinc.com only lists their lounges across the country- with no detailed information on hours and services.

Maharba website marhabaservices.com was promising as it had more specific lounge details- but only for the one in T1.

Apart from Priority Pass website, where else can valid information be seen? I was hoping to cross reference PP information to be sure I was seeing up to date info re operating hours.

Very specifically, also need to know which lounges have shower facilities.

Thanks for any help.
T3 has the PP lounge open all night as far as I know. I have taken flights around 5 am and the lounge was open when I went at 3am. The PAGS Lounge. There certainly is one Lounge always available in T3 if you have Priority Pass.
lsquare and imbisibol like this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 3:29 pm

T3 has the PP lounge open all night as far as I know. I have taken flights around 5 am and the lounge was open when I went at 3am. The PAGS Lounge. There certainly is one Lounge always available in T3 if you have Priority Pass.
By any chance, would you know if any of the T3 lounges have shower facilities?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by imbisibol
By any chance, would you know if any of the T3 lounges have shower facilities?
Unfortunately I cannot say without a doubt yes but I think one has. I have never looked for it because for me it has never been a transfer but as departing passengers on 5J.
imbisibol likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 9:38 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold)
Unfortunately I cannot say without a doubt yes but I think one has. I have never looked for it because for me it has never been a transfer but as departing passengers on 5J.
The PAGSS lounge definitely has showers...but note that the last few times I have been there at least one was out of action,
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:55 pm

Hi all, first time poster... I've been reading for years and just thought it was probably time to register and post.

Flying KUL-MNL-SYD and SYD-MNL-KUL with PR in J in April. We have the A321 on the short sectors between KUL and MNL and the A330-300 on the long sectors between MNL and SYD. The A 330-300 looks to have the new lie-flat in J in a 1-2-1 configuration, just hoping there is no equipment change however this is my first time flying PR or through NAIA so fingers crossed.

We will be connecting through T1 at NAIA and have read that the minimum connection time is one hour, we have just over two hours so I'm hoping this is going to be OK with enough time left to visit the new Mabuhay Lounge? Appreciate if anyone can share their experience of transiting through T1 and of the new T1 Mubuhay Lounge? I've noticed on the updated transit information released by PR last year that there are extra baggage checks for pax travelling to Australia, as well as a requirement to visit the transfer desk? Is this right? I'm hoping to check my luggage in at KUL, straight through to SYD and I'm also assuming that I will already have my boarding card for the connection down to Sydney, so I'm not sure why I'd need to go to the transfer desk? Appreciate any advice on that one please? Lastly, on the updated transit information released by PR, it shows that the first step is to have the eTravel registration verified, however I have asked PR via X on the requirement for this for transiting passengers and they said no need to do it, but they didn't sound very sure of their answer! Again, any help or advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.