Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Dec 24, 2023, 9:27 pm
  #916  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 971
Just want to share our experience transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 on the 23rd of December. Our Malaysia Airlines flight landed around 6:45pm (we were 2 hours delayed). Immigration/Passport check for foreigners went quickly even with a long queue (Filipinos were using their own e-gates). Collected our luggage then headed to the bus waiting area heading to Terminal 2. We were the last 5 passengers to arrive before the bus left for T2. Arrived at the PAL check-in counters around 7:20pm and at 7:30pm, we were already at the PAL Mabuhay Lounge waiting for our 8:35pm flight to Cebu. Very positive transfer experience even with separate tickets. Merry Christmas to all!!
thefilipinotraveler is offline  
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:23 pm
  #917  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 5,349
Bear in mind they all are having a shortage of aircraft during the holiday period and there are wet lease, charters, cancellations etc going on right now.
lsquare likes this.
Davvidd is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2024, 7:54 am
  #918  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Just want to share our experience transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 on the 23rd of December. Our Malaysia Airlines flight landed around 6:45pm (we were 2 hours delayed). Immigration/Passport check for foreigners went quickly even with a long queue (Filipinos were using their own e-gates). Collected our luggage then headed to the bus waiting area heading to Terminal 2. We were the last 5 passengers to arrive before the bus left for T2. Arrived at the PAL check-in counters around 7:20pm and at 7:30pm, we were already at the PAL Mabuhay Lounge waiting for our 8:35pm flight to Cebu. Very positive transfer experience even with separate tickets. Merry Christmas to all!!
If you landed at 6:45pm, you should consider yourself lucky that your bags popped out at baggage claim at 7:15pm, much less transiting to T2 by then.
kevino is offline  
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:57 am
  #919  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 5,349
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Just want to share our experience transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 on the 23rd of December. Our Malaysia Airlines flight landed around 6:45pm (we were 2 hours delayed). Immigration/Passport check for foreigners went quickly even with a long queue (Filipinos were using their own e-gates). Collected our luggage then headed to the bus waiting area heading to Terminal 2. We were the last 5 passengers to arrive before the bus left for T2. Arrived at the PAL check-in counters around 7:20pm and at 7:30pm, we were already at the PAL Mabuhay Lounge waiting for our 8:35pm flight to Cebu. Very positive transfer experience even with separate tickets. Merry Christmas to all!!
Just curious as to why you would want to go to CEB via MNL when they have direct flights from SIN? Is the fare a big difference?
moondog and lsquare like this.
Davvidd is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:46 am
  #920  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 971
Originally Posted by Davvidd
Just curious as to why you would want to go to CEB via MNL when they have direct flights from SIN? Is the fare a big difference?
Hi. We actually flew from Kuala Lumpur (not Singapore), so we booked the KUL-MNL flight using BA avios flying Malaysia Airlines and then a separate Philippine Airlines flight from Manila to Cebu. We were supposed to have more than enough time to transfer in Manila but the delayed MH flight made the connection really tight.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and Davvidd like this.
thefilipinotraveler is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:24 am
  #921  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 19,939
Originally Posted by thefilipinotraveler
Hi. We actually flew from Kuala Lumpur (not Singapore), so we booked the KUL-MNL flight using BA avios flying Malaysia Airlines and then a separate Philippine Airlines flight from Manila to Cebu. We were supposed to have more than enough time to transfer in Manila but the delayed MH flight made the connection really tight.
My MH flight to MNL last week was also delayed.
lsquare is offline  
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:58 pm
  #922  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 34
Originally Posted by mavere
How often are the inter-terminal buses full to the point where you're not allowed on? I'll be doing T1->T2 on PAL one day and T4->T3 separate bookings another day.

Also, I'll be flying Singapore out of T3. It seems required (or at least recommended) to have printed paper proof of travel for the exit immigration folks? Would a printed confirmation/eTicket be sufficient or do I have to wait for check in desk to open to get actual paper boarding pass?
For posterity, my question regarding paper tickets was moot anyway because SQ app refused to provide eTickets and requested that we go to counter for "operational reasons". We also over heard someone asking the security person checking itineraries at T3 departures entrance whether they have obtain a paper version of their eTicket, and the person said yes and to go to counter to do so. It's possible, however, that actual exit immigration and security scanning officials are more lenient.

Also for posterity, Grab is easy and is likely an immaterial cost to most commenters on this site. I did it for T4->T3. If I had known the T1->T2 shuttle used normal non-airport roads, I'd have used Grab there too.
mavere is online now  
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:47 am
  #923  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 971
Originally Posted by lsquare
My MH flight to MNL last week was also delayed.
I hope you did not have any connecting flight. Next Monday (after watching the Sinulog festival on Sunday), we will be flying back to from Cebu to Kuala Lumpur via Manila, although this time, we have a lot of time as we arrive at 10am in Manila and our MH flight to Kuala Lumpur leaves at 5:20pm.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and Davvidd like this.
thefilipinotraveler is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2024, 6:57 am
  #924  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 15,416
Our MNL-DGT flight Saturday afternoon was full of people going to the Sinulog festival.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinulog

Presumably from Dumaguete they took the Sibulan-Santander ferry and then travelled by land up the Cebu coastline.

Coincidentally, on Tuesday, 9 January, my better half & I were in Rizal Park the evening after the beginning of the Black Nazarene procession -- during which wi-fi was turned off for "security".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene
kevino and lsquare like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 14, 2024 at 7:07 am
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:16 am
  #925  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 5,349
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Our MNL-DGT flight Saturday afternoon was full of people going to the Sinulog festival.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinulog

Presumably from Dumaguete they took the Sibulan-Santander ferry and then travelled by land up the Cebu coastline.

Coincidentally, on Tuesday, 9 January, my better half & I were in Rizal Park the evening after the beginning of the Black Nazarene procession -- during which wi-fi was turned off for "security".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene
Gosh I hope that you didn't get stuck? This is one date that I would always avoid Manila as was stuck in Quiapo once and that was enough to undo my whole day.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Davvidd is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2024, 2:12 pm
  #926  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Posts: 2,774
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Our MNL-DGT flight Saturday afternoon was full of people going to the Sinulog festival.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinulog

Presumably from Dumaguete they took the Sibulan-Santander ferry and then travelled by land up the Cebu coastline.

Coincidentally, on Tuesday, 9 January, my better half & I were in Rizal Park the evening after the beginning of the Black Nazarene procession -- during which wi-fi was turned off for "security".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Nazarene
Since you educated us on Sinulog, my trivia question for the day is why does Magellan get credit for the first circumnavigation of the world when he was killed by Lapulapu on Macatan? His remaining 18 crew (many who had been mutinous) finally made it home a year and four months after Magellan was killed. I can give you a hint if you need it.
kevino is offline  
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:35 pm
  #927  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Posts: 15,416
Because of his enslaved Malay man, Enrique?
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 6:41 am
  #928  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Posts: 2,774
The answer is kind of related to Malaysia.
kevino is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:05 am
  #929  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 5,349
Originally Posted by kevino
Since you educated us on Sinulog, my trivia question for the day is why does Magellan get credit for the first circumnavigation of the world when he was killed by Lapulapu on Macatan? His remaining 18 crew (many who had been mutinous) finally made it home a year and four months after Magellan was killed. I can give you a hint if you need it.
Not sure if he was killed by a man or stung by a fish?
Davvidd is offline  
Old Jan 15, 2024, 5:45 pm
  #930  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: SFO
Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Posts: 2,774
Haha, it was a man with lots of tattoos and long hair. Every Philippine National Police Officer wears a patch with an image of him holding a club and a shield.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
kevino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.