Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:05 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Also be careful if you book an airport hotel. The airport hotel could be within walking distance of one terminal but at least 30 mins away by a car (during busy times) to another terminal.
kevino and MikeCL like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:17 am

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
New Mabuhay Lounge T1

Somehow missed this and cant find much online but there is a new Mabuhay lounge in T1!! Much needed as when I was there in August at the US rush the PAGSS lounges were definitely crowded

Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:25 am

Programs: AC*Gold50K; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; StarLux Explorer
I noticed that PAL has YVR - HKG biz class for around 3200 CAD in March, the same price as AC economy premium.

I've also heard that MNL is an absolute shitshow for transit.

Is it worth it?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by smes
I noticed that PAL has YVR - HKG biz class for around 3200 CAD in March, the same price as AC economy premium.

I've also heard that MNL is an absolute shitshow for transit.

Is it worth it?
Is this one way? The PAL business class is fairly good and if it is the 1-2-1 seating I would definitely take it. Certainly a lot better than AC Premium or actually better than AC business too sometimes depending on the seating. If your transit is PAL to PAL then it is OK. It is the terminal transfers that is terrible. But I still would fly PAL business over AC Premium any day.
jeffrocowboy and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Somehow missed this and cant find much online but there is a new Mabuhay lounge in T1!! Much needed as when I was there in August at the US rush the PAGSS lounges were definitely crowded

Mabuhay Lounge T1 Video
What is the requirement to get inside? T1 is very poor as far as food options go.. I'm happy to try out T3 when I arrive in 9 days I have 3 hours of downtime after my international flight then switch to 5J from what I saw in a youtube video it looks really nice.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Is this one way? The PAL business class is fairly good and if it is the 1-2-1 seating I would definitely take it. Certainly a lot better than AC Premium or actually better than AC business too sometimes depending on the seating. If your transit is PAL to PAL then it is OK. It is the terminal transfers that is terrible. But I still would fly PAL business over AC Premium any day.
AFAIK, the 777 is usually used for YVR which would be 2-3-2 seating and angled flat.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by MikeCL
What is the requirement to get inside? T1 is very poor as far as food options go.. I'm happy to try out T3 when I arrive in 9 days I have 3 hours of downtime after my international flight then switch to 5J from what I saw in a youtube video it looks really nice.
PAL Business class, elite, premier elite, or MM with them. I would assume their codeshare partners business and maybe elite would also allow access like CI but not sure. The T1 Priority pass lounges are not great but have good food
MikeCL likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 12:24 am

Programs: JMB, CX Marco Polo
Hello all MNL experts!

Any suggestions on fast, cheap and safe connections between NAIA T1 and LRT-1 EDSA Station?

Grab? Jeepney? Taxi?

Prices and duration (on an early Saturday morning -7am-)?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by HnDsolo
Hello all MNL experts!

Any suggestions on fast, cheap and safe connections between NAIA T1 and LRT-1 EDSA Station?

Grab? Jeepney? Taxi?

I have no idea about the price but I would either take a Grab or a taxi. I would not get into a Jeepney at all. Not in MNL. They do not even operate directly to the airport and you have to get out of the airport to get one.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:12 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Originally Posted by HnDsolo
Hello all MNL experts!

Grab? Jeepney? Taxi?

If you're sticking to public transit, you can take the bus to PITX (route 43), then transfer to an EDSA Carousel bus. There also used to be a shuttle bus between Terminal 3 and EDSA Rotonda (the area around the EDSA LRT-1 and Taft Avenue MRT-3 stations) but I don't know if it's still running.

On an early Saturday morning you should be fine taking a Grab as there will be no traffic.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:20 pm

Im not sure where to put this but my flight flys into MNL.. so Ive just had the first setback because I even took off.. PR127 JFK-MNL I got an email this morning that my 1:40 flight moved to 3:30 but it had no eta on arrival.. then it updates again and gives me an eta of 15:50.. Now I have to or should I say was to connect to a Cebu pacific flight at 11am but Im going to miss it..

PAL on the app is still saying the normal time but the email has the updated times.. it even still shows direct but the time doesnt add up.. my girlfriend did some searching and says I have a technical stop so I would be going JFK-LAX-MNL

Why a technical stop on a flight which is already in the air.. I see its over the North Pacific Ocean is it to change crews?
Old Feb 8, 2024, 12:53 pm

Yikes maybe it's.. windy, lol. how much was your 5J flight? It probably won't be too expensive to book another one. Pal might not be able to do much but if you call now and are ready to travel soon maybe they could get you on the china airlines flight at 11:25pm.. might be worth calling
Davvidd likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Yikes maybe it's.. windy, lol. how much was your 5J flight? It probably won't be too expensive to book another one. Pal might not be able to do much but if you call now and are ready to travel soon maybe they could get you on the china airlines flight at 11:25pm.. might be worth calling
the 5J flight in total is 10,435 to rebook to 6pm its like 5,592
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:17 pm

Must be something else than just winds/weather. Maybe MNL congestion? It seems to be leaving JFK really late the past several (except 1) flights.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by yannix
Must be something else than just winds/weather. Maybe MNL congestion? It seems to be leaving JFK really late the past several (except 1) flights.
just got off the phone with PAL she said it was a fuel stop at LAX.. its crazy so why cant it refuel in JfK? She checked but Im going to have to go with rebooking with Cebu pac.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.