Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

New First National Bank of Omaha AGR Card Discussion [Sept 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paytonc
Account ownership transfers from BoA to FNBO on 10/21/2022, new cards go into effect on 10/23/2022

Differences between Preferred cards

Issuing bank
Bank of America -> FNB Omaha

Annual fee
$79 -> $99

Amtrak spend earnings
3/$1 -> unchanged

Travel spend earnings
2/$1 (category list) -> Unchanged
added categories include limo/taxis, rideshare, local transit agencies, road tolls/parking, and timeshares

Dining spend earnings
1/$1 -> 2/$1
includes bars, fast food

Everyday spend earnings
1/$1 -> unchanged

TQP earnings
1000 TQPs/$5000, limit 4000/year -> same earnings, no limit?

Amtrak onboard dining rebate
20% -> unchanged

AGR redemption point rebate
5% -> unchanged

Annual perks
Companion pass + 2 one-way upgrade certificates -> Adds lounge pass, now 1 round-trip upgrade certificate

MasterCard tier
World -> unchanged

Foreign transaction fee
None -> Not mentioned in T&C

Print Wikipost

New First National Bank of Omaha AGR Card Discussion [Sept 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by musicalbox
Points Guy article has a FNBO spokesperson saying the 5% point redemption rebate will continue, which is a relief.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amtrak...-card-changes/
Big if true. Amazing that they neglected to mention this on the website or in the mailing.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: Far too many
Originally Posted by dhammer53
I expect that I'll cancel my card. There's no incentive to keep it. I'll continue using my CSR card to get my bonus points.

dh
What do you see as an incentive to cancel it?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by musicalbox
Points Guy article has a FNBO spokesperson saying the 5% point redemption rebate will continue, which is a relief.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amtrak...-card-changes/
Does anyone recall if the 5% rebate was a benefit of both cards, or just the World Premier ($79/$99) card?
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Does anyone recall if the 5% rebate was a benefit of both cards, or just the World Premier ($79/$99) card?
Both cards, as discussed in this wiki: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showwiki.php?t=1700885
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by travel light
What do you see as an incentive to cancel it?
I signed up for the card to get the 50,000 point bonus last October. There's no point in me keeping the card since I'm not really an Amtrak user. I had one paid trip WAS/NYP on the Acela in the summer. My CSR gets 3 points per $ spent on restaurants. Maybe if that was matched with the new card I'd consider keeping the card. For me, there's no reason to pay another fee for this little used credit card. YMMV.

dh
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:42 am

I did the same thing. Now that I have over 50,000, I don't have a reason to buy Amtrak tickets on the card and won't for quite some time.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:42 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Small Mod note.

I have split this into the new thread for AGR cards.

I also moved over the wiki. Thank you to paytonc for putting it together!

Thanks,

Long Train Runnin
AGR Mod
beltway likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
My renewal with BOA card is this month. I plan to renew at the $79 and assume I will keep my benefits when the card is transferred. Does this seem to be a good strategy? I also assume my companion tickets will still be valid after the card is transferred.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For those who've had the $79 AF BOA card for more than a year, when do the coupons post? (lounge pass, companion ticket, etc). I signed up on 9/30 last year, and I want to cancel it before it gets transferred to FNBO (to have more chance for SUB again). Wonder if I can wait until the coupons post.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AGR WOH
The coupons (including companion pass) posted to my Amtrak account on 7/26, and the AF posted on 7/30. In any case, you can cancel up to 30 days after the AF posts for a full refund.

Since the coupons live in your Amtrak account, they're there regardless of which bank paid for them. Anniversary dates appear to transfer over, so the way I see it, I'm getting the additional dining/transit earnings at a 20% discount for most of 2023.
Armani and hhdl like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Interestingly, my BofA paperless settings have been shifted to paper delivery and the website removed the ability to set the Amtrak card back to paperless (paperless settings are still available for my other BofA card). I suspect this is part of the account handover (or more properly, paperless settings aren't and they want to make any mail forwarding issues apparent as early as possible).
strickerj likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by hhdl
Interestingly, my BofA paperless settings have been shifted to paper delivery and the website removed the ability to set the Amtrak card back to paperless (paperless settings are still available for my other BofA card). I suspect this is part of the account handover (or more properly, paperless settings aren't and they want to make any mail forwarding issues apparent as early as possible).
I read that it's because you would be unable to look up your statements after the changeover so they are sending paper. I can't remember where I read it, I think it's on the note you know get when you log into your account on the website.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:26 pm

Are there any data points on cancelling immediately after the coupons post? Do they have the ability to claw those back?

My renews shortly but I'd probably rather get rid of it than transfer to small potatoes bank.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Are there any data points on cancelling immediately after the coupons post? Do they have the ability to claw those back?

My renews shortly but I'd probably rather get rid of it than transfer to small potatoes bank.
Good question. We'll have to wait and see.

dh
Old Sep 29, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember

My coupons posted in August and I canceled in September, and there was no clawback. I figure if I want the card again I’d like to earn signup bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.