Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

New First National Bank of Omaha AGR Card Discussion [Sept 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paytonc
Account ownership transfers from BoA to FNBO on 10/21/2022, new cards go into effect on 10/23/2022

Differences between Preferred cards

Issuing bank
Bank of America -> FNB Omaha

Annual fee
$79 -> $99

Amtrak spend earnings
3/$1 -> unchanged

Travel spend earnings
2/$1 (category list) -> Unchanged
added categories include limo/taxis, rideshare, local transit agencies, road tolls/parking, and timeshares

Dining spend earnings
1/$1 -> 2/$1
includes bars, fast food

Everyday spend earnings
1/$1 -> unchanged

TQP earnings
1000 TQPs/$5000, limit 4000/year -> same earnings, no limit?

Amtrak onboard dining rebate
20% -> unchanged

AGR redemption point rebate
5% -> unchanged

Annual perks
Companion pass + 2 one-way upgrade certificates -> Adds lounge pass, now 1 round-trip upgrade certificate

MasterCard tier
World -> unchanged

Foreign transaction fee
None -> Not mentioned in T&C

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by hhdl
New card designs (Siemens Charger?):
https://www.card.fnbo.com/images/car...le-cardart.png
I hope the new card is more reliable than the chargers. I just completed a trip on the CA Zephyr that was 3 hours late due to Charger breakdowns. Evidently, it isn't very compatible with the other types of engines. It is disappointing that Amtrak didn't work the bugs out with Siemens prior to putting it on their long distance trains.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
Originally Posted by hhdl
If I'm not mistaken this is the first FNBO cobrand (at least I don't see any listed on their site).

AF is also going up to $99. It appears that FNBO is acquiring the accounts from BofA.
My AAA Visa card with B of A is also changing financial institutions, but I'll have to check if it is also FNBO. It appears that B of A is eliminating other partner cards in addition to Amtrak MC. I wasn't that impressed with their customer service and hope this will be an improvement.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I could not see how to apply for the new card, nor an announcement about when applications would be accepted. I would have expected either an application page (which I might have overlooked) or a date when it would be available.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
Right now, the announcement is only being pushed (mailed) to existing AGR cardholders.
The new card being discussed will not be active until October 23 which is when the existing card will end.
I would guess applications would be not be available until closer to the end of September..
Old Sep 7, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Armani
I hope the new card is more reliable than the chargers. I just completed a trip on the CA Zephyr that was 3 hours late due to Charger breakdowns. Evidently, it isn't very compatible with the other types of engines. It is disappointing that Amtrak didn't work the bugs out with Siemens prior to putting it on their long distance trains.
Three hours is a "small" delay these days; it can (and has been) much worse on some trips.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by musicalbox
Got the letter today as well. Unclear when points stop being earned on the BoA card.
Me too. I am CLEAR as MUD when AMTRAK points stop earning on BoA card? September 30, October 23 or something else???

Originally Posted by beltway
I care a lot, however, that they seem to be silently eliminating the 5% rebate benefit on points redemptions. (I read through the paperwork for both cards & am seeing no mention of this existing benefit being retained. LMK if I’m overlooking something.)
I missed that, good point. I did catch that unlike current BOA card, the FNBO card does have a FTF... I care about that also.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by murphy
I didn’t see anything in the packet on how to reject the transfer. Do I just call BOA and cancel?
Called and canceled today. My annual fee had just been charged, so they reversed it. If FNBO offers a good signup bonus maybe I’ll be back.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by isle-hawg
I did catch that unlike current BOA card, the FNBO card does have a FTF... I care about that also.
I read through carefully & think they do NOT have a FTF because there's nothing listed in the so-called Schumer box. The detailed T&C implies that there might be, but merely refers you to the box ("Schedule").

There's a separate T&C section on currency conversion, which strikes me as pretty vanilla. But I'm happy to be educated if others see mischief afoot.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:44 pm

I called today with the intent of downgrading my Amtrak World Matercard to the Premier, since my annual fee will hit on October 3rd, 3 weeks before the transition to FBNO, However, the BOA rep told me all changes were frozen.

I'm a little upset, since I didn't want to pay another annual fee. However, I suppose I'll be getting the upcoming benefits at a discount, while having the ability to downgrade next October.

The World Mastercard offered 20% back on food and beverage, but I rarely eat when traveling coach, since the dining cars are still for sleepers only.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by diesteldorf

The World Mastercard offered 20% back on food and beverage, but I rarely eat when traveling coach, since the dining cars are still for sleepers only.
I have been using the card in the Cafe Car (SSL) to purchase afternoon "refreshments"! Besides the 20% back, you also get 3 points per dollar for onboard purchases with the fee card.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AGR WOH
Added a wiki contrasting what I can glean from the letter I got (re: the preferred card) about the differences.

It does appear that the TQP ceiling has been removed, so it seems like you could spend $25,000 for Select, $50,000 for Select Plus, or $100,000 for Select Executive status. Someone who regularly transits Moynihan Station may be interested in the middle tier, as it grants lounge access.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:34 am

A new card number means Chase will think this is a new card for 5/24 purposes, correct?

Kind of off-topic, but the current 5% points rebate gets applied when a ticket is purchased, correct? I'm trying to confirm that I got the rebate for a trip purchased just over 3 months ago and the Web site won't let me change the search dates.

Seth
Old Sep 9, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by sethweinstein
A new card number means Chase will think this is a new card for 5/24 purposes, correct?
Not so. The new details will simply replace the old ones in the entry on your credit report.
Kind of off-topic, but the current 5% points rebate gets applied when a ticket is purchased, correct?
Correct.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I expect that I'll cancel my card. There's no incentive to keep it. I'll continue using my CSR card to get my bonus points.

dh
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:47 am

Points Guy article has a FNBO spokesperson saying the 5% point redemption rebate will continue, which is a relief.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amtrak...-card-changes/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.