Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

New First National Bank of Omaha AGR Card Discussion [Sept 2022]

Old Sep 13, 2022, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paytonc
Account ownership transfers from BoA to FNBO on 10/21/2022, new cards go into effect on 10/23/2022

Differences between Preferred cards

Issuing bank
Bank of America -> FNB Omaha

Annual fee
$79 -> $99

Amtrak spend earnings
3/$1 -> unchanged

Travel spend earnings
2/$1 (category list) -> Unchanged
added categories include limo/taxis, rideshare, local transit agencies, road tolls/parking, and timeshares

Dining spend earnings
1/$1 -> 2/$1
includes bars, fast food

Everyday spend earnings
1/$1 -> unchanged

TQP earnings
1000 TQPs/$5000, limit 4000/year -> same earnings, no limit?

Amtrak onboard dining rebate
20% -> unchanged

AGR redemption point rebate
5% -> unchanged

Annual perks
Companion pass + 2 one-way upgrade certificates -> Adds lounge pass, now 1 round-trip upgrade certificate

MasterCard tier
World -> unchanged

Foreign transaction fee
None -> Not mentioned in T&C

Print Wikipost

New First National Bank of Omaha AGR Card Discussion [Sept 2022]

Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by serpens
Does FNBO require 2FA (two-factor authentication) when one connects to check an account? Does FNBO allow 2FA using email?
Finally got around the setting up my FNBO AGR card account this morning. It gave me the option to setup 2FA using either my phone number or email. The BOA to FNBO transfer process was pretty seamless for me.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 15, 2022, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
[FNBO] gave me the option to setup 2FA using either my phone number or email.
Thanks. I'd like to have an AGR credit card, but I'd like not to have another bank that I need to check. But at least 2FA by email should not be a stumbling block.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 12:24 pm

Just applied and received a message that I should receive an update within 2-4 weeks via mail (this was after my first application seemed to stall on the final page, waiting for results). Does this mean it is rejected? If not, will I still be eligible for the increased bonus (expires today)? Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
No limit for TQP

Originally Posted by paytonc
Added a wiki contrasting what I can glean from the letter I got (re: the preferred card) about the differences.

It does appear that the TQP ceiling has been removed, so it seems like you could spend $25,000 for Select, $50,000 for Select Plus, or $100,000 for Select Executive status. Someone who regularly transits Moynihan Station may be interested in the middle tier, as it grants lounge access.
Email from FNBO confirms that the cap on TQP earning through spend has been removed.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by nyventurecapital
Email from FNBO confirms that the cap on TQP earning through spend has been removed.
I have Select Plus now and really enjoy stopping in the Moynihan lounge. I think it's one of the nicest lounges I've seen, even with the lack of hot food choices. That being said, I don't think credit card spend (for Select Plus) is the best way to access the lounge, especially when you can use other credit cards to rack up more useful points and miles.
I was thinking of doing Amtrak CC spend to get my final 1k-2k TQPs (for Select Plus) but ultimately decided against it. Lounge day passes are only $35, which I think is cheap compared to airport lounge passes.

Actually, Moynihan lounge pass is $50.

Last edited by milespoints; Dec 14, 2022 at 6:22 pm Reason: Update: Moynihan lounge pass is $50.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:00 am

Can anyone report on:

1. Timing of receipt of coupons after Amtrak opening new FNBO Amtrak card

2. Timing of receipt of points at AGR following closure of FNBO statement [immediately or tied to payment or some other date]

3. Timing of receipt of signup bonus at AGR after completing required spend [statement cut, payment, or some other date]

Calls to FNBO have been less than informative. Thanks.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
Originally Posted by egurbi
Can anyone report on:

1. Timing of receipt of coupons after Amtrak opening new FNBO Amtrak card

2. Timing of receipt of points at AGR following closure of FNBO statement [immediately or tied to payment or some other date]

3. Timing of receipt of signup bonus at AGR after completing required spend [statement cut, payment, or some other date]

Calls to FNBO have been less than informative. Thanks.
1. I didnt make a note, but the coupons posted within a week of opening the account.

2. My FNBO statement closed this morning; points posted on AGR this afternoon.

3. Signup bonus posted at the same time as points from spend: shortly after statement close.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 6:20 am

One complaint....I asked if I could downgrade the fee card to the fee-free card and was told I would need to close the account and submit a new application.....I typically don't spend much on the card, especially since I am locked into Select status for 2023, but it is a 7 year old account, so I would rather not close it entirely.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:43 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
One complaint....I asked if I could downgrade the fee card to the fee-free card and was told I would need to close the account and submit a new application.....I typically don't spend much on the card, especially since I am locked into Select status for 2023, but it is a 7 year old account, so I would rather not close it entirely.
FNBO must be losing customers with their higher Preferred MC annual fee. I also asked for a product change and ended up closing the account altogether. I don't think 12k points for a standard MC is worth a hard pull. At least BofA validated the three Amtrak coupons before the changeover.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by Fanjet
Does anyone know if the double points for rail and transit purchases only applies within the U.S., or do things like DeutscheBahn count as well? The benefit terms do not specify.
I can answer my own question. I've been getting double points on all of my national rail, local transport, restaurant, hotel, and even FlixBus purchases in Europe. This card actually now has a purpose for me beyond the 30K sign-up bonus.
progapanda likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I can answer my own question. I've been getting double points on all of my national rail, local transport, restaurant, hotel, and even FlixBus purchases in Europe. This card actually now has a purpose for me beyond the 30K sign-up bonus.
I notice that the wiki just says that no foreign transaction fees are mentioned, I assume that you can confirm such fees remain zero?

Also: having shifted my Plastiq here for the new year (I typically put my Plastiq spending on my Flying Blue card in the last quarter of the year to hit the elite credit bonus), I see that my mortgage payment is being categorized on the FNBO website as Travel. It's most likely a website glitch, but...
Old Feb 5, 2023, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by hhdl
I notice that the wiki just says that no foreign transaction fees are mentioned, I assume that you can confirm such fees remain zero?
Correct. There seems to be no FTFs for any of my purchases abroad. They all match up with currency trading market rates.
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by hhdl
Also: having shifted my Plastiq here for the new year (I typically put my Plastiq spending on my Flying Blue card in the last quarter of the year to hit the elite credit bonus), I see that my mortgage payment is being categorized on the FNBO website as Travel. It's most likely a website glitch, but...
Alas, it seems to be a website glitch: points did not post at the 2x rate for travel.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:03 pm

$100 Statememt Credit Offered

I picked up the new FNBO card today when booking a $53 trip on the Capitol Corridor for 2 persons: the Amtrak website offered a $100 statement credit along with 20000 points. That will offset the $99 annual fee.

As has somewhat become the norm in recent years, I was able to immediately charge the trip on the new card, even in the absence of receipt.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, BOA Travel Visa,
Don't see the $100 statement credit mentioned on the Amtrak website. This card seems to have ever changing offers, at least it did when BOA had the card. I suppose it's to boost it's subscription base which I am thinking is lackluster as the AGR mastercard seems to change banks quite often (every5-7 years)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.