Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 7:00 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
.... I would have thought these properties would happily provide a dining credit in lieu of the spa one.
Properties may prefer to offer the Spa credit if (a) the redemption rate is very low or (b) redemptions generate substantial additional spend. $100 may go much further in a restaurant than at a spa.
Mama, Yahtzee, Cardboard55 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:06 pm

I went to Wynn during Thanksgiving this year and they said they were able to convert the spa to a F&B credit as a one time exception. Not sure if it's actually a one time exception since I've been able to do it for all the times I've stayed.
levilevi and Visconti like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:13 pm

12/10 Conrad - Booked Strip view, no upgrade offered even with suites for sale on Hilton.com, Diamond benefit breakfast credit not made available (not expecting it).

12/11 Crockfords - Booked Strip view, no upgrade offered but appeared to be sold out that evening. No Diamond breakfast credit stack (not looking for stacking either).

**** edited to add that we just noticed on our Amex statement that Crockfords put through a (nearly) duplicate charge for the stay that we had pre-paid over a month ago. Has anyone else seen this type of activity from Crockfords or Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas?

Last edited by shoodawg; Dec 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by sleepy3192
I went to Wynn during Thanksgiving this year and they said they were able to convert the spa to a F&B credit as a one time exception. Not sure if it's actually a one time exception since I've been able to do it for all the times I've stayed.
Of course, I'm going to ask during check in. If refused, I'll ask again later. If still refused, I'll just charge the buffet (can't believe I've never had the famous Wynn buffet), and ask to apply it during check out. If necessary, I'm going to say that I'm allergic to SPA treatments.

PS - It's Vegas, and I just always try to say ridiculous off the cuff stuff whenever I'm there.
levilevi likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:46 pm

Recent Data Point for Aria

Please remove if not in right threat, but we checked in at Aria today with Amex hotel collection. We were given $100 credit, but front desk agent lied to us about being sold out for upgrade. We booked regular room, and she said the upgraded room would be deluxe strip view, but they were busy and sold out for next two nights. Upon checking on hotel website and amex travel website, there were plenty of rooms available for $20 more. Not sure why she lied, but we booked the room in my 22yo's name (authorized user with gold card) so that she could get experience using benefits, and she checked in with me observing. We have a room at the Bellagio in 2 days, so hopefully we will get fountain view upgrade.

We stayed at Pallazo last night and got upgraded to higher floor with strip view, after booking cheapest 2 queen room.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by shoodawg
12/10 Conrad - Booked Strip view, no upgrade offered even with suites for sale on Hilton.com, Diamond benefit breakfast credit not made available (not expecting it).

12/11 Crockfords - Booked Strip view, no upgrade offered but appeared to be sold out that evening. No Diamond breakfast credit stack (not looking for stacking either).

**** edited to add that we just noticed on our Amex statement that Crockfords put through a (nearly) duplicate charge for the stay that we had pre-paid over a month ago. Has anyone else seen this type of activity from Crockfords or Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas?
Wait, just to clarify: for the Conrad room, they didn’t give you / let you use the breakfast credit as a HH Diamond member at any restaurants?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pyx44
Please remove if not in right threat, but we checked in at Aria today with Amex hotel collection. We were given $100 credit, but front desk agent lied to us about being sold out for upgrade. We booked regular room, and she said the upgraded room would be deluxe strip view, but they were busy and sold out for next two nights. Upon checking on hotel website and amex travel website, there were plenty of rooms available for $20 more. Not sure why she lied, but we booked the room in my 22yo's name (authorized user with gold card) so that she could get experience using benefits, and she checked in with me observing. We have a room at the Bellagio in 2 days, so hopefully we will get fountain view upgrade.

We stayed at Pallazo last night and got upgraded to higher floor with strip view, after booking cheapest 2 queen room.

You didn't book through the FHR program. You booked through the Amex Hotel Collection. This is not the right thread...
​​
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by joe318
Wait, just to clarify: for the Conrad room, they didn’t give you / let you use the breakfast credit as a HH Diamond member at any restaurants?
that is correct - only the FHR breakfast benefit Of $33 per person was offered-valid only at The Kitchen. (No stacking of breakfast benefit as had been previously reported by others). The $125 FHR experience credit is valid at limited restaurant outlets at RWLV.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
The $125 FHR experience credit is valid at limited restaurant outlets at RWLV.
Do you know which restaurants?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond

Same thing happened to us at the Conrad. Booked and prepaid a 3 night stay for 12/7 thru 12/10 thru AMEX FHR, At Check-in, they billed us again but I didn't notice til we got home. Called the hotel yesterday and they quickly agreed to credit the duplicate. Spent more time getting through to the correct department - eventually just went to the Concierge who got me to the right place. Whenever I selected Billing Dept. on the VRU I was immediately cutoff!

When we checked in, we were told that we could stack the FHR and Hilton benefits. FHR $33pp breakfast was only at the Kitchen (which got old after the second day of lukewarm food, and I'm not talking about the buffet!). Hilton $50pp benefit was good at Kitchen and Suns Out Buns Out. $125 FHR benefit was good at most restaurants except Brezza and Starbucks. We had delicious meals at Genting Palace and Fuhu and the Dumpling booth at Famous Foods.

Biggest issue was the day the Kitchen could only accept cash, no room charges. Front Desk suggested we pay cash and bring the receipt to them so they could credit our room account. That worked fine for us but it was annoying.

Also, be aware neither the $33 or the $125 FHR credits covered tips and taxes.
tanlee07 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
To add content to some of the above questions, I’ve never been refused converting the Wynn spa credit to additional dining credit during the virus era, but if this ever changes, they might stop allowing this.

Question: for those who have stayed at the Aria with FHR, have you been able to use your dining credit at any MGM property that allows a charge back to your Aria folio, or have you been restricted to Aria onsite restaurants only?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is there an easier way to check multiple days of FHR than what I'm doing:
  1. Search for a specific date
  2. Sort by highest price (default when you click that column), wait 5 seconds for it to load
  3. Sort by lowest price, wait 5 seconds to load
  4. Check the FHR category on the left, wait 5-10 seconds to load
  5. Repeat #2-4 for another date, one date at a time.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
To add content to some of the above questions, I’ve never been refused converting the Wynn spa credit to additional dining credit during the virus era, but if this ever changes, they might stop allowing this.
Good to know. For my sake, I sure hope I'm not gonna be the first FT'er to post on here that the request had been declined.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Question: for those who have stayed at the Aria with FHR, have you been able to use your dining credit at any MGM property that allows a charge back to your Aria folio, or have you been restricted to Aria onsite restaurants only?
My guess is that you can, so long as it's charged to your room. I suspect because the Amex credit FHR thing is really driving lots of folks to Vegas, they're probably up to speed on much of the general FAQs where you'll probably get a cheat sheet with all of MGM's participating restaurants, which is quite an extensive listing. Regardless, in my experience, even if not on the list and the charge is to the room, they'll credit it, always have for me, manually upon request.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Does Amex FHR bookings still qualify for elite nights and point credits? Specifically, I stayed at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas a few weeks back and I never received credit for the stay. Upon contacting Bonvoy customer care, they informed me that the rate I booked, which is through FHR, does not qualify for points or elite night credits. Is this true?
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:04 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Does Amex FHR bookings still qualify for elite nights and point credits? Specifically, I stayed at the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas a few weeks back and I never received credit for the stay. Upon contacting Bonvoy customer care, they informed me that the rate I booked, which is through FHR, does not qualify for points or elite night credits. Is this true?
There is a whole thread on this topic:
https://flyertalk.com/forum/marriott...nights-13.html

And a particular post confirming that these stays should qualify:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33535016-post163.html
The Bonvoy Lurkers have helped many in that thread double-check their reservations so may be worth contacting them.
festriaqua likes this.

Last edited by mia; Dec 15, 2021 at 1:41 pm Reason: Make link clickable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.