Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
BTW, I don't see Bardot Brasserie in the MGM F&B credit list, does that mean it's not eligible?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by italdesign
BTW, I don't see Bardot Brasserie in the MGM F&B credit list, does that mean it's not eligible?
In my experience, if the restaurant allows you to charge it to your room, then it'll be eligible.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
I am late to this party I see. I wanted to prepay for 1 night at the Delano (99/night) in Dec 21 and one in Feb 22 - so per the rules I would be prepaid and all set for the 200 FHR credit. I called the number on the back of my card (as listed in the Q and A instructions). The agent was quite clear that with 2 stays - I could only get a rebate for 1. She was clear that if each stay was $150 with taxes/etc. - that the $50 credit left over would be lost - as it all must be used in 1 single stay/reservation. I have reread all the rules and do not see that anywhere. I am looking to this group for comments or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by steves
The agent was quite clear that with 2 stays - I could only get a rebate for 1. She was clear that if each stay was $150 with taxes/etc. - that the $50 credit left over would be lost - as it all must be used in 1 single stay/reservation.
While I'm certainly not an expert on this credit, I think she was either misunderstood or interpreting it incorrectly. My experience has been the credit may be used in multiple reservations. Perhaps, she meant it has to be this calendar year on the second?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by paradox
I'm planning a 4 day trip from 12/13 to 12/17. Between P2 and myself, we have 3 Platinum cards, so 3 x $200 credits. We're fine switching hotels every day and consider maximizing the credits part of the game. We don't gamble, and dining is the main draw. Here's what we're contemplating:

12/13 NoMad (Card A)
12/14 Bellagio (Card B)
12/15 NoMad (Card A)
12/16 Bellagio, Cosmopolitan, Palazzo, or Conrad (Card C)

12/13 + 12/15 at the NoMad would be about $250, so that takes care of the credit for Card A. (We also like that the NoMad is nonsmoking).
12/14 and 12/16 each would be close to $200, using up the credits for Card B and Card C.

Switching hotels the first three nights would be relatively easy with the tram or walking (would apply also if we did Bellagio or Cosmopolitan for the fourth night). We'd ride-share if Palazzo or Conrad. Other potential factors: Hilton Diamond status and 2 x $100 to spend from Caesar's Celebration Dinner.

Any thoughts or comments on this scheme are welcome.
Going to do the same type of trip soon for four nights across my four Amex Plats to use up the FHR credits on each card. I wonder how annoying it will be to pack up every morning. The late checkout at least helps.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by saint

As part of the FHR booking we got breakfast daily of up to $75 to be used in the various restaurants. Strange as the lady told us it could only be used for breakfast starting the next morning. That didn't seem to make sense as places like Egg Slut are open until 2 PM. We slept in and just like I thought, they applied the $75 credit to the places we went even though it was after 12 PM. I didn't have any issues getting the $75 back. We ate at Egg Slut and then had some coffee at the cafe off the lobby area. Just keep in mind if you leave a tip, it will NOT go towards your credit even if you don't use all of your $75.
For the daily breakfast credit do you know if it carried over or did it reset each day? We're staying 3 nights so I'm trying to figure out what the cut off is. I assume if I spend $50 when I first get there then I only have $25 to spend the next day before some arbitrary deadline where the next $75 kicks in. Do you know if that's the case?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by joe318
Going to do the same type of trip soon for four nights across my four Amex Plats to use up the FHR credits on each card. I wonder how annoying it will be to pack up every morning. The late checkout at least helps.
Packing cubes and organizers are your friend. Also, since you are spending 1 night in each place, you shouldn't even be fully or halfway unpacking anyway. It's a waste of time and energy. My last Vegas trip, I spent one night at the Mirage, one night at Crockfords, and then the rest at the Cosmo. It's doable for sure
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by midnightblade
For the daily breakfast credit do you know if it carried over or did it reset each day? We're staying 3 nights so I'm trying to figure out what the cut off is. I assume if I spend $50 when I first get there then I only have $25 to spend the next day before some arbitrary deadline where the next $75 kicks in. Do you know if that's the case?
In all my experiences with this, it is calendar date driven, not time of day driven. They look at each calendar day and remove the charges up to the allowed amount. They do not review what time the charges were posted. That is what I have had for years with MGM Resorts locations in LV.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Taking you at your word that you're good with one night and move, why not just work your way up the Strip and do Four Seasons, Delano, Nomad, Bellagio rather than repeat hotels? If you've stayed at Nomad and Bellagio before and like them, then all sounds reasonable.
Originally Posted by mudpuppy
If your main draw is dining, my thought would be put together your dining plan first and then figure out the hotels around that. Considering this is a bit over a week away you might want to start looking at dining reservations now anyway. My wife and I visited Vegas for 10 days the week before Thanksgiving, and even a month+ prior we were limited on when we could get specific reservations like Bavette's. In the end our dining didn't line up very will with where our hotels were and we did a LOT of walking and ridesharing just to get to our dinner reservations.
Thanks to Yahtzee and mudpuppy for their helpful replies. Of the FHR hotels, we've stayed only at the Delano and want to try new places We've decided to rent a car for part of the trip because P2 wants to get off the Strip (Hoover Dam, Valley of Fire, etc). Plus the rental was cheaper than anticipated at $46/day.

Our new plan is:
12/13 NoMad (Card A)
12/14 Bellagio (Card B)
12/15 Conrad (Card A)
12/16 Cosmo (Card C).

The rates for the Conrad have fallen to $100/night, so the benefit for Card A will cover most of the room rate for NoMad + Conrad. Each of these hotels is new to us, and I've obtained reservations for most meals at or near the hotels.

Two things that might interest readers of this thread:
1: Chase LHRC is slashing benefits for its Vegas hotels. https://www.flyinghighonpoints.com/m...m-life-hotels/
2: I was unaware that the Caesar's Celebration Dinner credit for 2020 was extended to 1/31/22. I may try to combine the 2020 and 2021 credits for one meal.
Nevsky, Yahtzee and levilevi like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:31 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by paradox
Two things that might interest readers of this thread:
1: Chase LHRC is slashing benefits for its Vegas hotels. https://www.flyinghighonpoints.com/m...m-life-hotels/
2: I was unaware that the Caesar's Celebration Dinner credit for 2020 was extended to 1/31/22. I may try to combine the 2020 and 2021 credits for one meal.
Interesting about Chase. I will say I don’t share that blogger’s view that FHR will be the next domino to fall since FHR is a much bigger and more established program than Chase LHRC, but I guess you never know. I could imagine Amex dropping the relevant properties (or dropping them down to Gold Hotels) before letting them devalue FHR quite that badly.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:12 pm

RE: Wynn

By the way, any recent experiences of requesting to convert the Spa credit to a dining one?

Thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
.... recent experiences of requesting to convert the Spa credit to a dining one?
I think this is the most recent report: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33750642-post372.html
Visconti likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:47 pm

Just got back from Cosmo - Manager came to meet me in autograph Lounge and stressed it was a one time only concession on converting Spa to F&B. Since Omni just appeared maybe that helped.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by yhari
Just got back from Cosmo - Manager came to meet me in autograph Lounge and stressed it was a one time only concession on converting Spa to F&B. Since Omni just appeared maybe that helped.
After seeing a couple of very recent reports of success with converting the spa credit into F&B credit, I had Amex Concierge reach out to the hotel. They asked if my spa credit could be turned into F&B. They also gave COVID concerns. We were turned down. I will see again when I go to the Cosmo in two weeks, but this looks like YMMV.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:21 pm

Interesting. In my experience, MGM properties had always struck me as more willing to comp dining than they were SPA treatments. I mean, there were years where the only effective way to get SPA treatments comped were to use one's express comps. I would have thought these properties would happily provide a dining credit in lieu of the spa one.

So, it's interesting to me that virtually all FTers, at least the ones I've read on this thread, all prefer the dining credit over spa treatments. I mean, you can't pay me enough to go into a spa, but I had always thought I was the outlier, but apparently not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.