Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Monday and Tuesday nights in mid-December 2021. Two rooms with two people in each room. Would visit both hotels again but might try to get the Wynn to convert the spa credit to a F&B credit once again before booking one of these hotels.

Hotel: Delano
Two Rooms:
Two Queen Bed Suites ($70 base rate for one room and $99 base rate for the other)
Check-in: Checked in around 2 PM. There was a line but it moved rather quickly.
Upgrade: Upgraded to the Stay Well floor with a view of the distant pool. The front desk agent made a call on the phone to check if she could upgrade one of the rooms to a two bedroom suite but to no avail.
Late Checkout: Used, checked out a little before 1 PM.
Breakfast Credit: $30 per person at Della's Kitchen, 3940 Coffee and Tea, or room service. Cannot be applied towards tips. Asked if credit could be used at Seabreeze Cafe and was told it could be. We used it there, which was fine.
Credit: $100 F&B credit used at Stripsteak. Cannot be applied towards tips (not that you're in danger of not hitting $100 without it at Stripsteak). Excellent on-property option although we could have used it at other MGM hotels if we weren't anxious to have dinner once our friend arrived later in the evening. Had to get this credit manually applied by the front desk since it didn't automatically post.
AmEx Offer Credit: $100 off $500 in room charges at MGM "Luxury" Destinations, which includes Delano. I was $9 away from getting the credit before checkout so my friend suggested I buy the minibar M&Ms for $11. After I took them, I saw a $65 charge appear on my TV. Called the front desk and they said their mini-bar team would investigate it after I checked out as there was nothing they could do as the charge was over $50. The charge was eventually removed and replaced by the $11 M&Ms.
Comments: I really like the Mandalay Bay/Delano complex and don't mind its location as much as others. The flexibility to use the F&B credit at numerous MGM resorts is a huge perk. I prefer Mandalay Bay through Chase LHRC instead of Delano through Chase/AmEx as I've gotten better room upgrades at Mandalay Bay. However, MGM will significantly reduce F&B credits for its hotels participating in Chase LHRC starting on January 1, 2022 and so I will likely switch to only using AmEx FHR on the strip until one of the programs makes another significant change (i.e. bringing back spa credits). Received Hyatt points on room charges but no elite night credit.

Hotel: Conrad at Resorts World Las Vegas
Two Rooms: One King Bed Premium Rooms ($70 base rate per room at the last minute)
Check-in: Checked in around 1 PM. Very slow process. Front desk agent was nice but clearly new. One of my guests was a Hilton diamond member earned through stays (as opposed to the Aspire) and couldn't believe how long it took given we were first in line when we arrived.
Upgrade: "Upgraded" to a view of Circus Circus (AKA City View One King Bed Premium Rooms). The welcome letter says a one tier upgrade as an FHR benefit. The front desk agent offered to look for strip rooms after declining our suite upgrade request but we declined as she was taking too long before we reached this point of check-in.
Late Checkout: Used, checked out at 4 PM. Tried to leave bags with the bell desk but nobody was there. Took 20 minutes to get the front desk to help with checking bags as they told us to go to the valet but nobody was there.
Breakfast Credit: $33 per person at The Kitchen. Buffet was mediocre at best. Ordering a la carte is the way to go but Suns Out Buns Out looked like a better breakfast option.
Welcome Amenity: Two glasses of champagne at the Conrad Lobby Bar per room can be redeemed any time throughout the stay when this bar is open. Tip cannot be used toward credit.
Credits: Was told the $25 per person Diamond credit and $125 FHR F&B credit per room could be used anywhere except for Brezza. Tips cannot be used towards credits. Used at various bars/restaurants throughout our stay (i.e. Dawg House, Bar Zazu, Famous Foods, etc.). Credits did not automatically post so had to deal with this at checkout. Took a bit of time given two rooms were involved but the checkout front desk agent was much more capable than the one we had for check-in.
Comments: The hotel itself was a great value due to all of the credits we received. You just need to have the patience to deal with the service, which we thought was worth it in the end. Great use of the Platinum and Hilton Aspire combo to offset room rates/resort fees with card credits plus nice to receive Hilton points for room charges.
radiolarian and anchor79 like this.

Last edited by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz; Dec 25, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:41 pm

Cosmopolitan Christmas Stay

Currently staying at the Cosmopolitan for 3 nights after checking in on the 24th.

Hotel: Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Room:Booked Studio Terrace Fountain View
Checkin: Checked in around 7pm
Upgrade: Upgraded to 1 bedroom terrace suite with fountain view
Late Checkout: Used, checked out at 3:40pm
Breakfast Credit: $75 at Wicked Spoon, Egg Slut, District Donuts, The Henry or Starbucks
Credits: $100 spa credit, converted to F&B credit when requested at checkin.
Comment:
Check in was around 7pm. Super easy process, was able to convert the spa credit into food and beverage with no pushback. Also recieved an additional $10 for platinum status with bonvoy once my account number was added.

Room was upgraded to a 1 bedroom terrace suite with fountain view on the 16th floor.

Was told that breakfast credit expires at noon each day, got mixed messaging on when it starts but 3am is what they told us in the autograph lounge.

For room service the $75 doesn't go very far with the $8.50 delivery charge and tax and mandatory tip adding 26.5% to the menu price but it's still nice to have and super convenient.

Edit: currently sitting at the wicked spoon. Platinum status with bonvoy meant skipping the hour plus line to get in. Staying at the Cosmo meant a 15% discount so that brought two brunch buffets down below the $75 breakfast credit even with tax included. Brunch changes to lunch at 11 so we got in about a half hour before and were able to get crab legs right when the changeover happened. Might not matter to most but it was nice not having to wait 15+ min in line for crab

Edit 2: left buffet around 12:20. Even the platinum line had at least 20 parties and there were probably about that many if not more waiting to be seated after paying. If you're trying to use your breakfast credit definitely get there sooner since the credits supposedly expire at noon so you don't want to be stuck paying lunch price AND paying out of pocket.

Edit 3: Food and beverage credit doesn't cover gratuity nor does it cover the delivery fee for room service. Makes sense but at the same time it wasn't spelled out directly so we had wrongly assumed it would be covered. Keep this in mind when you're paying for breakfast.

Last edited by midnightblade; Dec 28, 2021 at 9:56 pm
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
At most properties, the Virtuoso benefits mirror the FHR benefits almost exactly. FHR does not offer an advantage except when there is a special promotion, i.e. book 4 nights, get 1 free, etc

Virtuoso can be booked through a Virtuoso agent, no Platinum card needed.
but booking with virtuoso won't get a credit up to $200 from amex, right?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Hotel: Delano
Room: Stay Well Delano King Suite
Checkin: Checked in at 1pm
Upgrade: Upgraded to Delano Scenic Suite
Late Checkout: Offered 4pm late checkout at checkin; checked out at 130pm
Breakfast Credit: $60 at Della's Kitchen and 3940 Coffee
Credits: $100 F&B credit across MGM properties, used at Best Friend @ Park MGM
Comment: Rates were around $79/night so booked two rooms to use up annual $200 FHR credit and double up on F&B credits. Received 2x$100 F&B and 2x$60 breakfast credits. Both rooms upgraded to scenic suites on different floors. Had difficulties splitting charges across two different rooms at dinner at Best Friend so put all F&B charges on a single room. Took about 10 minutes at checkout to allocate the charges across the two rooms but the FD agent was very patient and competent and got it done correctly.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by danhouston
but booking with virtuoso won't get a credit up to $200 from amex, right?
Per Amex.com:

Search our curated collections of Fine Hotels + Resorts and The Hotel Collection. Choose the one that’s right for you and book a prepaid stay through American Express Travel with your eligible Platinum Card. You will receive your statement credits after booking.

So the credit only applies to a prepaid stay booked directly with Amex - so Virtuoso rates or hotels booked with a travel advisor are not eligible

What I don't know, and hopefully someone can help answer, is if the credit is calendar year based or annual fee-year based?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
What I don't know, and hopefully someone can help answer, is if the credit is calendar year based or annual fee-year based?
My understanding, and admittedly I didn't read the T&C, is the benefit is based on a calendar year, which I'll put to test soon enough on Jan 1st.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Visconti
My understanding, and admittedly I didn't read the T&C, ....
I did .

U.S. Consumer Basic and Additional Platinum Card® Members may receive up to a total of $200 in statement credits each calendar year, across all Cards on the Account, when using their eligible Platinum Card on eligible, prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® and The Hotel Collection bookings made through American Express Travel (meaning through amextravel.com, the Amex® App, or by calling the phone number on the back of your eligible Platinum Card).
bocastephen likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mia
I did .
Is this a standard Platinum Card only benefit, or also available for the Business Platinum? I have both it's often confusing trying to reconcile all of these different benefits. Some of the T+C are not clear, for example Amex makes no mention of the Uber cash benefit being restricted to US rides, while Uber itself states that Amex cash cannot be used for rides taken outside the US.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:25 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Just finished a stay at the Conrad, no problem with 12:30'ish check-in, the one thing I don't recall seeing mentioned that we were given is $5 off the resort fee for wifi being an automatic FHR benefit. We were also given the letter below that I don't recall having seen posted previously. Nothing new to add, if the room rate is cheap enough, hard to beat the value. We couldn't come close to getting through $216 in food and beverage credits in the 20 hours we were there since we got drinks comped at Dawg House while playing video poker. We seemed to have relatively competent front desk agents, I had been upgraded from basic Premium Room to Strip View and was happy with that.

One thing I would add is the elevators were super fast, we were on the 34th floor. I've never been in a hotel this large where I had less elevator waits than here.

Old Dec 30, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Beckles
Just finished a stay at the Conrad, no problem with 12:30'ish check-in, the one thing I don't recall seeing mentioned that we were given is $5 off the resort fee for wifi being an automatic FHR benefit. We were also given the letter below that I don't recall having seen posted previously. Nothing new to add, if the room rate is cheap enough, hard to beat the value. We couldn't come close to getting through $216 in food and beverage credits in the 20 hours we were there since we got drinks comped at Dawg House while playing video poker. We seemed to have relatively competent front desk agents, I had been upgraded from basic Premium Room to Strip View and was happy with that.

One thing I would add is the elevators were super fast, we were on the 34th floor. I've never been in a hotel this large where I had less elevator waits than here.

When I was there 2 weeks ago, I received $33 x 2=$66 total breakfast credits and $125 property credit=$191 total credits

$5 off the $45 resort fee
2 glasses of champagne at the hotel bar as a welcome gift. I was actually charged for the "gift" but got it credited at checkout.

Did they give you $25 or $50 for your HILTON DIAMOND status? Did you have to fight them on this or did they offer it automatically? I was told flat out that I wasn't eligible, since it was a 3rd party booking, but it would be nice to have data points to the contrary for the next time I visit.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:13 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
When I was there 2 weeks ago, I received $33 x 2=$66 total breakfast credits and $125 property credit=$191 total credits

$5 off the $45 resort fee
2 glasses of champagne at the hotel bar as a welcome gift. I was actually charged for the "gift" but got it credited at checkout.

Did they give you $25 or $50 for your HILTON DIAMOND status? Did you have to fight them on this or did they offer it automatically? I was told flat out that I wasn't eligible, since it was a 3rd party booking, but it would be nice to have data points to the contrary for the next time I visit.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.
I didn't question them on the 2 x $25 because we simply didn't get through the first $125 we had even after eating three times on check-in day (lunch at Famous Foods, pre-show dinner at Dawg House, and post-show snack at the grilled cheese place in Dawg House). My math was wrong, I would have pushed for the $241 in credits ($125 any time FHR + $66 FHR breakfast + $50 Diamond) if needed, but we did not need to. I have no doubt the front desk agents are YMMV and that causes many of the issues, when I was checking in the person next to me was having a long discussion with the front desk about their FHR credits for the stay they were completing.

To be clear, the stay was fine, I pointed out good things, but overall it's a joke this hotel is branded as Conrad, as I posted in another thread today the Conrad should be a Hilton and the Hilton should be a Doubletree and I think that would go a long way to addressing the shortcomings of the Conrad relative to its brand.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
(never mind, all good after login)

Not seeing the rate of any Vegas FHR hotel, instead seeing "Call 1-800-297-2977 to check the availability and book this hotel". Is that normal for the first days of the year?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:06 pm

Is there any way to find the reservation numbers to add the reservations in the Hyatt App ? Booked in MGM Grand ( Hotel Collection ) and Bellagio ( FHR)
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dip2007
Is there any way to find the reservation numbers to add the reservations in the Hyatt App ? Booked in MGM Grand ( Hotel Collection ) and Bellagio ( FHR)
Not sure if there's a way to do it in advance. I have my World of Hyatt linked to my mLife number so it automatically gets me Hyatt points on room charges. You can have the front desk add this for you at one of the hotels.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Only the Wynn has Parlor Suites; Encore has Salon Suites.
That is incorrect:

https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/rooms-a...e-parlor-suite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.