Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Also wanted to post these pics. I forgot to take a picture of the Delano one, but I know I saw it on this thread and it was the same. The picture you see of just a short list of places is the printout I asked for at the Palazzo that was good for the $100 credit.

Old Nov 5, 2021, 2:16 pm

Programs: TSA Pre, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, National, Hertz
So I see in a lot of these letters it shows 12 noon check-in. I have been to Vegas a few times and I have checked in both times around 9 or 10am and was not charged any extra. I stayed at the Cosmo and The Cromwell. I am not sure if this is a less charge for being a Marriot Platinum and Caesars Diamond for the hotels.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:46 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
While Vegas is back, unfortunately it felt like there were still a number of things closed, namely pools and some restaurants. The Delano pool was not open,
Just as a heads up, the Delano "pool" is part of The Beach at Mandalay Bay, and that facility has closed in the past at the end of October for the swim season.

I suspect that you just got there too late. That is too bad because it is a fantastic facility. It has been Mrs. Radonc's and my favorite over the past 8 years.

As far as charges are concerned, the Delano seems to have problems getting their charges right the first time, but a careful perusal of the bill at check out and pointing out the discrepancies will almost always yield satisfactory results.

Finally, if you are a Hyatt elite and link that to the MGM elite program, you can use the VIP check-in room, saving yourself a lot of waiting time.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
I just completed a 2 night stay at the Cosmo this past weekend. I booked with the FHR pre-paid booking. I had a $200 credit and part of my stay was offset by that credit. I am a Platinum Bonvoy member. True to the promised guarantee, I was allowed an early check-in. My flight arrived at 10:30 AM and they allowed us to check in early. First they gave me a suite in the Boulevard Tower which is far from the main desk. And it takes a while to get there and there was someone in the room! We had to go all the way back down which was a bit of a pain.

I talked to the same girl and she was really embarrassed. She apologized and gave me a further upgrade to a Fountain view suite in the Chelsea Tower which I prefer over the other Tower. I'm really glad she made the mistake as the room was fabulous! Everything was comfortable and the room had 2 fridges in it with a little mini freezer that worked well.

As part of the FHR booking we got breakfast daily of up to $75 to be used in the various restaurants. Strange as the lady told us it could only be used for breakfast starting the next morning. That didn't seem to make sense as places like Egg Slut are open until 2 PM. We slept in and just like I thought, they applied the $75 credit to the places we went even though it was after 12 PM. I didn't have any issues getting the $75 back. We ate at Egg Slut and then had some coffee at the cafe off the lobby area. Just keep in mind if you leave a tip, it will NOT go towards your credit even if you don't use all of your $75.

We also got a $100 "Experience Spa credit". I asked if we could use it for food instead and cited COVID concerns (even though I did NOT have any concerns). They said no. I thought it would be a waste as massages were super expensive. My wife told me I should get a haircut and that was a great idea. A haircut with tip was about $65 with the mandatory tip and the 15% Platinum Bonvoy discount. I told them that I wasn't going to use anything else. He asked if I wanted a day pass to the Spa for $50 and I told him I was getting ready to check out. I did ask him if I could give the rest of it as an extra gratuity to the stylist. (I had no idea if she was good or not and had to prepay but didn't want to waste it). The manager assured me that I could do this.

I got probably the best haircut of my life. The girls name was Teena and was great. I told her I hope she is good as I was tipping her $35 extra. She thanked me.
At the check-out I saw the tip on the bill and they told me I couldn't use it. I told the guy what the manager told me. He got on the phone with a manager and got it approved. I'm not sure why they care as I'd assume AMEX is paying it but fortunately got it taken off the bill. If you are struggling to use the spa credit, think about a haircut.

One thing that seems stupid is they won't let you know the credit for 2 people. i.e. if you want to get 2 day passes to the spa it's $100 but they said you can only use it on one person! Even if they are from the same room. Everything else was great and love this hotel. They also gave me the 4 PM late check-out guaranteed by FHR.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:23 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by saint
At the check-out I saw the tip on the bill and they told me I couldn't use it. I told the guy what the manager told me. He got on the phone with a manager and got it approved. I'm not sure why they care as I'd assume AMEX is paying it but fortunately got it taken off the bill. If you are struggling to use the spa credit, think about a haircut.
That's a great suggestion, but I'm not sure why you think AMEX would foot the bill on the Spa credit, it seems obvious to me it's the hotel that eats that in exchange for AMEX sending them a 'premium' customer.
saint and mia like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by Beckles
That's a great suggestion, but I'm not sure why you think AMEX would foot the bill on the Spa credit, it seems obvious to me it's the hotel that eats that in exchange for AMEX sending them a 'premium' customer.
Yes, you're probably right. I wasn't sure who foots the bill on these "experience credits". I'd highly recommend Teena at the Cosmo Salon. She gave me the best haircut of my life. Really awesome. I think the best way to use the $100 credit is get a haircut and then get an entrance to the Spa for the $100 credit there.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:28 pm

Sorry if this has been answered but does the $125 credit stack at the Conrad? We have three $200 credits to use but they are sadly all in my name. Sorry, just a newbie at this
Old Nov 9, 2021, 8:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by us1549
Sorry if this has been answered but does the $125 credit stack at the Conrad? We have three $200 credits to use but they are sadly all in my name. Sorry, just a newbie at this
Do you mean do they stack with the diamond 50$? If so yes they do
Old Nov 10, 2021, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Also wanted to post these pics. I forgot to take a picture of the Delano one, but I know I saw it on this thread and it was the same. The picture you see of just a short list of places is the printout I asked for at the Palazzo that was good for the $100 credit.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Does anyone have the Wynn/Encore letter?

Last edited by mia; Nov 11, 2021 at 6:17 am Reason: Please do not Quote images.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Staying at the Cosmopolitan in a couple of weeks. We booked a studio terrace fountain view room. What is the upgrade from here?

Also, I called the hotel reservation prior to booking and was told there has been a recent policy change to allow guests to use the $100 FHR spa credit for F&B.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 3:28 pm

One night stay at the Conrad.

Can confirm $241 dining credit as HH Diamond ($125 + $50 + $66 breakfast credit at The Kitchen only) and was upgraded to a 1bdrm suite on a weekday. Additionally, two free drinks from the Conrad Lobby Bar are included as a FHR benefit but are not listed on the letter. Can confirm charges were automatically removed and you can pull up the bill from the hotel room.

If you prepay for the reservation for the AMEX credit, just note the points for the room do show up two days after (will initially show as 0), but points for incidental charges have not shown up yet.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by gerald5
One night stay at the Conrad.

Can confirm $241 dining credit as HH Diamond ($125 + $50 + $66 breakfast credit at The Kitchen only) and was upgraded to a 1bdrm suite on a weekday. Additionally, two free drinks from the Conrad Lobby Bar are included as a FHR benefit but are not listed on the letter. Can confirm charges were automatically removed and you can pull up the bill from the hotel room.

If you prepay for the reservation for the AMEX credit, just note the points for the room do show up two days after (will initially show as 0), but points for incidental charges have not shown up yet.
Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing the $66 is the $33 x 2 FHR breakfast credit?

I’m deciding between Conrad and Cosmo right now for a week long trip. I did Cosmo earlier this year, so already had a chance to experience the center strip. Staying at Resorts World would be new to me, and I could walk over to Wynn if I don’t like playing there (I wonder how far the walk would be). I know that Conrad has had some growing pains, but wondering if I should give it a shot. I only have HH Gold through the Amex, so I assume it would be $25 + $66 = $91 daily breakfast credit?
Old Nov 13, 2021, 10:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by joe318
Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing the $66 is the $33 x 2 FHR breakfast credit?

I’m deciding between Conrad and Cosmo right now for a week long trip. I did Cosmo earlier this year, so already had a chance to experience the center strip. Staying at Resorts World would be new to me, and I could walk over to Wynn if I don’t like playing there (I wonder how far the walk would be). I know that Conrad has had some growing pains, but wondering if I should give it a shot. I only have HH Gold through the Amex, so I assume it would be $25 + $66 = $91 daily breakfast credit?
The 125$ is the FHR. As a gold you get $25 x 2, so it’s the same as diamond in this case
Old Nov 14, 2021, 10:24 am
umc

Does Cosmo still convert $100 spa credit to F&B credit?

I read probably the last 10 pages and a number of data point about Cosmo no longer allows conversion of the $100 spa credit to F&B credit. I wonder if anyone has any recent data point for Cosmo. We have no interest in the spa credit.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 1:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by umc
....recent data point for Cosmo.
Notice post 355 from 11.11,2021
Cat88L3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.