Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lowkeyflyer
Please also include the daily rate paid.

Hotel:
Room Name/Type:
Check-in Day:
Check-in Time:

Upgrade:
Late Checkout:
Breakfast Credit:
Misc Credits:
Comment:
Rate Paid:
Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2020 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Pocatello
The stay posted in my Hyatt account a few days after check-out. But the stay did not show as a "qualifying" stay and earned zero credit. I asked my Hyatt concierge via email and I got credit right away.
This is helpful. I suspect many of us may have a batch of these that put us over next milestone breakpoint, and would be worth an email or phone call to our respective concierges.
Pocatello likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
$100 food and beverage credit when staying at FHR in Lase Vegas

Great benefit. Just curious, has anyone experienced using your $100 food and beverage credit at any of the FHR properties in Las Vegas at places other than the restaurants/bars/club/etc.... ? Has anyone tried buying gift cards at the restaurants to see if your $100 food and beverage credit would be applied towards those restaurant gift cards?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The restaurants would have to allow you to purchase a gift card as a room charge; not sure they would allow that. And then there's a question of how it would be reported on the bill that goes back to the hotel - usually the charges that show up on your room account distinguish between different categories - food, beverage, tax, tip. If the gift card showed up as a different type of charge, it might not be waived.

Curious what your goal is here though.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PLAT, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM
Originally Posted by Doppy
The restaurants would have to allow you to purchase a gift card as a room charge; not sure they would allow that. And then there's a question of how it would be reported on the bill that goes back to the hotel - usually the charges that show up on your room account distinguish between different categories - food, beverage, tax, tip. If the gift card showed up as a different type of charge, it might not be waived.

Curious what your goal is here though.
I have to use my $200 hotel credit on my AmEx Plat before the end of this 2021 year. I know I can use my 2021 $200 AmEx hotel credit for stays throughout 2022, but I have to go to Vegas for a conference in 2021, so I have decided to use my 2021 $200 AmEx hotel credit next month. Not 100% sure if I will be back in Vegas in 2022, and it seems AmEx FHR have the best deals in Vegas, meaning I can get a night very close to the $200, then simply be reimbursed the $200. Since the conference feeds us like the pig I am, it will be very difficult for me to spend $100 at a restaurant, so if I could buy gift cards or something else with the $100 I would feel better on how I utilized this benefit. Hope that makes sense.
Doppy likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:45 pm

Am going to Vegas this weekend and staying at the Bellagio for the first time - super excited!

I had a random question about the FHR benefit. I've tried Googling it and I think I know the answer but I wanted to confirm:

My mom has an Amex Platinum card, and I'm an authorized user on her account (the free Gold version, not the Platinum version of authorized users). Is there any way I can use her FHR benefit without her physically being present?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mathwizard314
Is there any way I can use her FHR benefit without her physically being present?
FHR benefits are not claimed by presenting a card at check-in. The reservation must have been made through American Express at the FHR rate in your mother's name. Was this done?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
FHR benefits are not claimed by presenting a card at check-in. The reservation must have been made through American Express at the FHR rate in your mother's name. Was this done?
My trip this weekend to the Bellagio is under my name using my Amex Plat card.

However, mom also has an Amex Plat card, and I'm an authorized user on her account. Is there a way I could book a reservation for myself using her FHR benefit? How would I tactically do this?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Am going to Vegas this weekend and staying at the Bellagio for the first time - super excited
Please report back with what type of room you booked and what you got upgraded to. We are doing Bellagio in December right before Christmas.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

.... Is there a way I could book a reservation for myself using her FHR benefit? How would I tactically do this?
See this thread: Using FHR (Fine Hotels & Resorts) for family and friends
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Please report back with what type of room you booked and what you got upgraded to. We are doing Bellagio in December right before Christmas.
Usually they are pretty good at acknowledging at check in. A base room will be upgraded to a fountain view room or salone suite. If they don't offer the room type you want, ask.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Any recent reports of swapping spa credit at Cosmo for f&b?
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Regarding the $100 f&b credit at mgm properties. If I had a one night stay, didn't check in till late and unable to use the credit on day of arrival. Wouldn't use it for breakfast, and then checked out. Is it possible to use the credit after check out on day of departure?

I know it sounds crazy, but I used to work at a restaurant in a hotel and it would have been no trouble to get a room charge to post even after the guest checked out. Granted not a large scale place like mgm, but same principle I would imagine.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Regarding the $100 f&b credit at mgm properties. If I had a one night stay, didn't check in till late and unable to use the credit on day of arrival. Wouldn't use it for breakfast, and then checked out. Is it possible to use the credit after check out on day of departure?

I know it sounds crazy, but I used to work at a restaurant in a hotel and it would have been no trouble to get a room charge to post even after the guest checked out. Granted not a large scale place like mgm, but same principle I would imagine.
With FHR you have guaranteed 4pm checkout, so I would use that in this case. I don't think there's even the slightest chance that they will entertain you using the credit after checkout.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Not actual evidence but my travel contact at Amex Travel said he spoke to Cosmo about turning this into a F&B and a manager said it would be fine.
Failing that I know virtuoso claim its the F&B at the Cosmo and not spa.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 5:04 pm

Does anyone have any DPs on stacking FHR F&B credit with myVegas rewards?

Last edited by mrakman; Nov 1, 2021 at 6:08 pm Reason: better wording

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.