Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Strange. I literally get my orders the next day after placing them, even with the free basic shipping.
Try ordering a blue yeti mic. It will show up 'instock' but I can guarantee it is anything but
Old May 31, 2020, 6:21 pm

Are there any data points if Dell outlet purchases will be covered by this benefit?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by amazingmav
Are there any data points if Dell outlet purchases will be covered by this benefit?
Yes. The payment is processed by Dell. Amex doesn’t care if it’s outlet or not.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Try ordering a blue yeti mic. It will show up 'instock' but I can guarantee it is anything but
An interesting thing is when I was emailing with Dell customer support they said my package showed shipped, even though UPS hadn't actually gotten the package, because it was coming form China. So supposedly it "shipped" from China on that day.
I didn't know Dell directly ships from China. If so that makes sense why the waittime/delays are so inconsistent. I guess they placed an order at the factory?

Admittedly I don't know if the CSR is telling me the truth or not.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I bought a all in one on sale for $149 Epson EC-4040 a couple of weeks ago. Turned out well since my current all on one was giving me issues, I had little of $40 bucks left and just ordered
Belkin BOOST UP Wireless Charging Stand - Wireless charging stand + AC power adapter - 10-watt - Black for $40. All in all this time I did get a good value for $200.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:42 am

I placed an order on June 3rd for a Logitech mouse that shows "Get it by Jul 29". I hope to use the new $100 for May-June. The pending charge has been dropped and disappeared from my AMEX account currently. Will the charge be confirmed and show up in my AMEX account in a few days even though Dell does not ship the mouse until July?

If Dell ends up shipping the mouse in July, will the charge show up in my AMEX card as June spending or July spending?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by creampiggy
I placed an order on June 3rd for a Logitech mouse that shows "Get it by Jul 29". I hope to use the new $100 for May-June. The pending charge has been dropped and disappeared from my AMEX account currently. Will the charge be confirmed and show up in my AMEX account in a few days even though Dell does not ship the mouse until July?

If Dell ends up shipping the mouse in July, will the charge show up in my AMEX card as June spending or July spending?
This happened to me last June - shipping delay of a week moved the charge into July and used the credit for the second half of the year.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:22 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hipp0
This happened to me last June - shipping delay of a week moved the charge into July and used the credit for the second half of the year.
So you lost the $100 credit valid through 6/30..
Old Jun 9, 2020, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by creampiggy

Don’t risk it. Buy something else before June 30 and cancel that mouse for now because Dell is not going to charge until they ship the product in this case July, so you’ll lose opportunity to use the June credit.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 5:58 pm

Just to clarify If I have not used the Jan-June $100 credit, I get $200 credit to spend until end of June now then another $200 for end of Dec?

Last edited by Ali380; Jun 9, 2020 at 6:04 pm
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:33 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ali380
Just to clarify If I have not used the Jan-June $100 credit, I get $200 credit to spend until end of June now then another $200 for end of Dec?
Yes.
But even if you used the Jan-June $100, you would still get an extra $100 May-June,
Old Jun 9, 2020, 11:04 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I will order something else then!
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by nrr
Yes.
But even if you used the Jan-June $100, you would still get an extra $100 May-June,
So I can do a single transaction of $200 from now until end of this month? Or does it have to be 2 $100 transactions?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 8:49 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ali380
So I can do a single transaction of $200 from now until end of this month? Or does it have to be 2 $100 transactions?
I just did a (nearly) $200 Dell purchase, I'm expecting (from my reading of the rules) to get credited. Also, there is a separate 10% Dell credit which should apply.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by nrr
I just did a (nearly) $200 Dell purchase, I'm expecting (from my reading of the rules) to get credited. Also, there is a separate 10% Dell credit which should apply.
Good to know about the 10%. Purchased a monitor over $200 plus there was a free 2 day ship code. If I understand correctly I should get $200 statement credit and the 10% amex offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.