Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really, really coming up blank trying to find anything useful on the Dell site these days. I can't even flip things on eBay for any reasonable portion of what I pay on Dell.

I'm valuing this $400 annual benefit from Amex at about 25 cents on the dollar these days - so $100.

Either Amex needs a better partner or Dell needs a wider selection.
friedablass and hurnik like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm really, really coming up blank trying to find anything useful on the Dell site these days. I can't even flip things on eBay for any reasonable portion of what I pay on Dell.

I'm valuing this $400 annual benefit from Amex at about 25 cents on the dollar these days - so $100.

get a new monitor for your desktop
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by josephstern

I recently discovered Dell stocks Humanscale M10 monitor arms on their website. Stacked with a +2 MR offer and 10% cashback offer, and then Rakuten was doing 5% that day as well. I need 2 more of these, so I figure if I had a Biz Plat still, I'd go for that option.

Turns out there are quite a few home office accessory items available on the site as well, but Dell definitely does not make it easy to find this kind of stuff.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
get a new monitor for your desktop
Got a 4K monitor from them a few years ago using the credits from three cards.

Then I got one for my wife six months later.

Good idea, but we're kinda full up!
Old Apr 5, 2024, 9:07 am

I use it to supplement my Hue lighting system.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
I have two kids (students) and I find enormous value in letting them know about this benefit and put in most of the effort.

One in particular has plenty of time and energy to search for a deal on something that will be useful, and I get to treat my kid to something for $0. Usually it'll be power banks, cables, memory sticks... but so far in 2024 there was a new battery for a Dell laptop (gifted from a college student friend who couldn't be bothered to do hardware upgrades himself.)

Another idea would be to see if a younger child's teacher had a wish that could be fulfilled with the benefit. Most K-12 teachers I know--and many college professors--have supply needs that go unmet.
mia likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:02 pm

I split payments b/w me and P2 for items totaling $450 or so (~$225 each card). P2 evidently had not enrolled in the credit, and the items were already received (yesterday). P2 enrolled today, and card was charged on Monday. Tried to work with Dell to just re-charge P2 card same amount but they won't do so. Instead, it seems like my only option is to return the items, and then re-purchase them. Any other solutions anyone might have?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by traveler202
I split payments b/w me and P2 for items totaling $450 or so (~$225 each card). P2 evidently had not enrolled in the credit, and the items were already received (yesterday). P2 enrolled today, and card was charged on Monday. Tried to work with Dell to just re-charge P2 card same amount but they won't do so. Instead, it seems like my only option is to return the items, and then re-purchase them. Any other solutions anyone might have?
You can try chatting with Amex but they may tell you that you need to wait x weeks(i.e. 6 or 8 weeks) by which time you will be outside the return period. But it's worth a shot in case they do manually credit you.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 9:57 am

After posting this thread: Quick amex platinum business question and getting a quick respose from Mia, I decided to jump and was instantly approved on June 5 for 250,000 MR points...thanks to incognito mode on Firefox, and received the card the next day.

Got some cables and accessories through Dell and had a quick web-chat with a sales associate to get a price match to Newegg.com for https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell...0897/backpacks

NEW EGG
https://www.newegg.com/targus-model-...18W-000X-004V3

Old Jun 28, 2024, 2:24 pm

Does the item have to ship by 6/30 or can you just order it by 6/30? I forgot and now it's too late to ship today.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by qofmiwok
Does the item have to ship by 6/30 or can you just order it by 6/30? I forgot and now it's too late to ship today.
I think would have been worth a try before 2PM central as it sounds like they do actually ship some orders out on a Saturday according to this page: https://www.dell.com/en-us/lp/dell-f...2-Day-Delivery

Sunday 2-Day Delivery

Order before 2pm CT Monday – Saturday (except holidays) and select Expedited delivery at checkout.

Subject to the conditions and limitations below, 2-Day Delivery is available in select markets for certain products sold on Dell.com. Where available, 2-Day Delivery orders received Monday through Friday by 2:00 pm Central Daylight Time (the “Cutoff Time”) will ship that same day for delivery within 2 days after shipment (excluding holidays).
It does sound like the information is a bit conflicting as it says Monday-Saturday and then right below it says Monday-Friday. If you had ordered before 2pm and selected expedited then there's a chance it would have went through. I'd check with chat to see if they ship on Saturday though.
Old Jun 28, 2024, 10:23 pm

any speculation as to whether AMEX will renew the Dell benefit in 2025 or replace it with something else?
Old Jun 29, 2024, 4:56 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
....renew the Dell benefit in 2025 or replace it with something else?
There is a third possibility. The Dell contract will expire, and there will be no replacement.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by mia
There is a third possibility. The Dell contract will expire, and there will be no replacement.
and reduce AF? Otherwise, cancellations are coming.
Old Jun 29, 2024, 8:38 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
and reduce AF?
No. Historically, American Express (like other card issuers) does not replace lost features, and they never reduce annual fees, but they might temporarily adjust retention offers. Features are frequently added or removed without any corresponding price changes. Over time there will be new features, but it will not be because Dell left, it will be because they are profitable for American Express. Card accounts are opened and closed all the time. The fraction of cardholders who use any specific feature is small, the incremental impact would be tiny.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.