Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GTITAN
Hey not trying to cross post but just to make sure folks know, the Dell Biz Plt credit has been doubled essentially. Summary below:

Business Platinum Card Members will receive up to $200 in additional statement credits for U.S. purchases with Dell Technologies, for a total of up to $400 in statement credits in 2020 when added to the existing Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit ($100 in additional statement credits from May 1 through June 30, 2020 and up to $100 in additional statement credits between July 1 and December 31, 2020).

Read about it here n total here:
https://about.americanexpress.com/pr...esses-get-most

Safe Travels
Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know if this is automatically activated if we're enrolled in the Dell benefit already? When I go to the benefits page of Amex, it still shows the $100 credit and doesn't mention this new benefit.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:46 am
Suspended

It must be automatic since there is no other place to enroll. I just spend another $ 104 with Dell yesterday so the charges are still pending.

Also, there is a Get +4 Membership Rewards® Points per eligible dollar spent OFFER that does need to be Added to the Card.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
This was a good use of the Dell credit for me -- portable bose speaker: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/bose...dio#polaris-pd

$99 + tax = $104.94
-$100 credit
-$10.49 10% off Amex rebate offer
=net gain $5.55 and a speaker
I like the idea of Bose equipment, but I can't find anything I'd use.

What other brands does Dell carry that are rarely discounted anywhere, like Bose? They don't have Sonos or Apple.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:20 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
For Dell purchases made before July 1, 2020, there is the normal $100, but from the recent email from AMEX, the extra $100 is only for purchases between 5/1/20 and 6/30/20 [no retroactives]. Between 7/1/20 and 12/31/20 $200 ($100 reg. + $100 special).
There is still a 10% Dell offer "hidden away" in the 100 offers listed for my acct.!
GTITAN likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I like the idea of Bose equipment, but I can't find anything I'd use.

What other brands does Dell carry that are rarely discounted anywhere, like Bose? They don't have Sonos or Apple.
If you need a second monitor for a work-from-home setup, they have a bunch of non-Dell stuff (LG, Alienware, etc.).

Also Canon cameras, Samsung tablets, and bunches of accessories like printers, external drives, etc.

And software like MS Office that is rarely discounted.

I recently used the bonus $100 to get a second portable Bose speaker (they're down to $79.99 now) and a USB-C cable... total came to $103 after tax, meaning (after $100 credit and $10.30 amex rebate) a net gain of ~$7.

Will probably use the $200 for July-December towards something I actually need...
Old May 6, 2020, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Found a POE switch that I can use.

Until July 1 . . .
Old May 21, 2020, 5:43 pm

guide to ordering Dell accessories

Like many people here I ordered accessories from Dell, camera stuff, audio gear, whatever. I've learned a few things.

The arrival date doesn't actually mean anything. I ordered something last week. It was scheduled to be arriving this week, then it got bumped back one day. Then later it got bumped back a week. Who knows if it will ever ship.

Cancellation is a hassle: many times they will say the order is already in process. This actually doesn't mean it is shipping today or tomorrow. I'm not sure what it means.

Don't bother calling them to complain or ask for help. Might as well save you some time and send them an email (via their link online). The people you speak don't actually know anything. For example, an item that is listed in-stock and will be delivered in 3 days actually didn't come. It got delayed. I also ordered a similar product online (different color) and it came (as a test). So they have no idea about availability, any more than you can see online.
They do not know the actual status of the order.

My conclusion is that the Dell credit is pretty hard to use. As in, if you just want to buy junk that you don't need, it is easy. But if you actually need something and Dell has it in stock, be prepared for it not to come as scheduled.
Old May 24, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Counter experience to the above post: I ordered a monitor, it showed up within 2-3 weeks and the credit was automatically applied. No issues.
Old May 24, 2020, 7:44 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I'm guessing Dell would really like people to order complete pre-configured systems, priced considerably higher than $100 (now even $200).
Old May 24, 2020, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
Counter experience to the above post: I ordered a monitor, it showed up within 2-3 weeks and the credit was automatically applied. No issues.
Well, here is my order that was supposed to arrive May 22, today being May 24 for your information. I got a shipment notification May 20.

Old May 24, 2020, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Got another set of Bose earbuds. Ordering, shipping and credit issued without drama.
Old May 25, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: none
Haw anyone been able to split payments with different card member names?
Old May 25, 2020, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by jtnet
Haw anyone been able to split payments with different card member names?
Yes, we both got our credits without any issues with both Dell and Amex, followed the instruction here: https://mypointslife.blogspot.com/2019/03/maximizing-200-dell-statement-credits-with-american-express-business-platinum-card.html
Old May 26, 2020, 12:58 pm

Dell has absolutely no tech savvy. Finally the item ships, after getting the "shipment" notification May 20 it says it now shipped 5/25 at 10pm. Really? Of course Dell never updated its scheduled arrival day, still showing May 22. And for support, even though today is May 26 as far as I know, for their contact options list "email" and "phone" as closed: CLOSED May 25.
Old May 26, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Strange. I literally get my orders the next day after placing them, even with the free basic shipping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.