Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:41 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boulder
Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Posts: 2,361
I bought both myself and my mother Fitbits using these credits.
txflyer77 is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:01 pm
  #77  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
Dell Credit Clawback - Amex Platinum

So I just saw $100 credits clawback yesterday.

I made a purchase early this year on dell which subsequently received $100 credit from Amex Platinum.
I returned the items several days after purchase but the credits was never clawback.
A few weeks ago, I made another purchase on Dell. This time I did not return the item and I also received $100 statement credits shortly after.
I checked my account yesterday and saw the $100 statement credits was added back.

My theory is that if you just return the item first time and don't intend to use your credits for second half of the year, then you will be fine.
However, since I used it for second half of the year, so they system probably figured out I should not have kept the early $100 hence clawedback.

so I am unable to actually get $200 to offset annual fee this year - _ -
bigbellymonkey is offline  
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:01 pm
  #78  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,504
Your concern can be eliminated if you make a replacement purchase before or at the same time as returning the original purchase.
mhdena likes this.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:55 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 87
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Your concern can be eliminated if you make a replacement purchase before or at the same time as returning the original purchase.
That`s correct~ But it didn't seem like they were clawing back. Now I know.
bigbellymonkey is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2019, 8:27 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 937
Some decent Black Friday deals live... I actually saw a Nest Doorbell that Dell.com had for same price I was looking at Best Buy and Google Nest store directly... plus Amex offer plus topcashback had 11% cash back on Dell.com today... nice little stack!
levilevi is offline  
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:35 pm
  #81  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
In May of 2019 I made a Dell purchase for $86.89 and received the 10% Dell credit of $8.69 and per the semi-annual (up to $100) promo a credit for $86.89. A few days ago there was a transaction listed as "DELL CREDIT" for $8.69 but it was really a debit.
Are both promos (10% and up to $100) independent? Was the original $8.69 credit an error. I called AMEX CS and they said they will re-credit the $8.69(???)
nrr is offline  
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:52 am
  #82  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4,504
Originally Posted by nrr
In May of 2019 I made a Dell purchase for $86.89 and received the 10% Dell credit of $8.69 and per the semi-annual (up to $100) promo a credit for $86.89. A few days ago there was a transaction listed as "DELL CREDIT" for $8.69 but it was really a debit.
Are both promos (10% and up to $100) independent? Was the original $8.69 credit an error. I called AMEX CS and they said they will re-credit the $8.69(???)
Your credits in May were not in error. That's how the two promos were run for everyone back then. However the bank changed their rules very recently. Apparently a certain overzealous department decided to apply the new rules to closed transactions. That's illegal. Hence the CS decision to put things back how they were at the time of purchase.
MaxVO is offline  
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:57 pm
  #83  
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: jfk area
Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10,291
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Your credits in May were not in error. That's how the two promos were run for everyone back then. However the bank changed their rules very recently. Apparently a certain overzealous department decided to apply the new rules to closed transactions. That's illegal. Hence the CS decision to put things back how they were at the time of purchase.
Thanks. I just made a Dell purchase, shouldn't I still get 10% + (up to) $100 credit?
What "bank"?
nrr is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:04 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 282
Anyone else have a delay in imbursement lately? Purchased headphones for $104 on 12/4 and still no credit. Looked back at previous credits and they posted in 3-4 days. Thanks
bjk497 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:13 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 937
I bought on cyber monday, reimbursement was like 5 days.
levilevi is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:35 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: SMF
Posts: 47
My 11/29 Black Friday purchase posted on 12/2. Credited on 12/8.
zddp1273 is offline  
Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:40 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 282
Thanks everyone. Good to know it is back dated that day. Hopefully it posts in the next few days

Update: purchase 12/4, credit posted on 12/12 with date of 12/11

Last edited by bjk497; Dec 12, 2019 at 9:06 am
bjk497 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:17 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,877
Really debating how much this free $100 is worth, as Dell keeps cancelling my order without notification. Luckily I have no Dell goods, so don't have to deal with them other than these times when trying to use the amex credit.

update:
so to learn from my experience, I guess dell flags some accounts as "resellers" and thus auto-cancels (I presume different billing vs shipping address, which should be common for those of us who stay in hotels mots of the time).
If it cancels quickly, then it is an auto-cancel. Finally, my 3rd person at order verification told me to not be logged in and to use a different address. Not sure if it will work yet, but it does make sense.

Order verification department number is 1-866-383-4713

update 2:
so apparently it is my billing address that is the issue, they just flag that. Well, given the whole point is to use my amex I cannot just put in another address, I guess I will give up at this point
Sandeep1 likes this.

Last edited by s0ssos; Dec 13, 2019 at 5:54 pm
s0ssos is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:49 pm
  #89  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Really debating how much this free $100 is worth, as Dell keeps cancelling my order without notification. Luckily I have no Dell goods, so don't have to deal with them other than these times when trying to use the amex credit.

update:
so to learn from my experience, I guess dell flags some accounts as "resellers" and thus auto-cancels (I presume different billing vs shipping address, which should be common for those of us who stay in hotels mots of the time).
If it cancels quickly, then it is an auto-cancel. Finally, my 3rd person at order verification told me to not be logged in and to use a different address. Not sure if it will work yet, but it does make sense.

Order verification department number is 1-866-383-4713

update 2:
so apparently it is my billing address that is the issue, they just flag that. Well, given the whole point is to use my amex I cannot just put in another address, I guess I will give up at this point
Tried getting the MX 3 wireless mouse for $100, order was successfully placed. And then order was cancelled without notification. I saw the pending Dell charge just disappear off my card so I knew something was up. I tried to call Dell but had a 40 minute wait which certainly isn't worth it.

I'm trying a 2nd order again this time, 5 smart bulbs for my dad. If this gets auto-cancelled, I will give up as well. Not worth the aggravation.
Sandeep1 is offline  
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:47 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dreamland
Posts: 937
BTW - Dell will match any retailer online without closeout pricing (like Best Buy, Home Depot, etc)
levilevi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.