Business Platinum (USA) Dell benefit.

Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:57 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
I'm a bit frustrated that Dell didn't have any Dot Echo's in stock. That would have made for a nice gift.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:42 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,877
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Tried getting the MX 3 wireless mouse for $100, order was successfully placed. And then order was cancelled without notification. I saw the pending Dell charge just disappear off my card so I knew something was up. I tried to call Dell but had a 40 minute wait which certainly isn't worth it.

I'm trying a 2nd order again this time, 5 smart bulbs for my dad. If this gets auto-cancelled, I will give up as well. Not worth the aggravation.
From doing some online research it seems the only way you can fix it is to talk to customer service at Dell. Not just anybody, as most people there don't seem to have any power to do anything.
s0ssos is offline  
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:48 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by s0ssos
From doing some online research it seems the only way you can fix it is to talk to customer service at Dell. Not just anybody, as most people there don't seem to have any power to do anything.
Looks like this order was confirmed which is different than the last one I placed. I assume this one should go through.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:24 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,877
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Looks like this order was confirmed which is different than the last one I placed. I assume this one should go through.
I guess yours went through.

So decided actually call Dell customer service. They didn't seem to know anything, but did tell me just to call sales and place an order. And that went through fine.
I don't know what the issue is. Nor how to fix it.
s0ssos is offline  
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:46 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I guess yours went through.

So decided actually call Dell customer service. They didn't seem to know anything, but did tell me just to call sales and place an order. And that went through fine.
I don't know what the issue is. Nor how to fix it.
Still waiting for my charge to post. This Dell thing is becoming a hassle. May just cancel the whole thing if they can't complete a simple smart bulb order.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:07 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Posts: 4,268
Spent 99.71 all in on 2 USB-C cables and a fancy mouse. Pleased I drained benefit almost in total (29 cents isn't too shabby)!

Safe Travels
Sandeep1 likes this.
GTITAN is offline  
Old Dec 21, 2019, 10:54 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I guess yours went through.

So decided actually call Dell customer service. They didn't seem to know anything, but did tell me just to call sales and place an order. And that went through fine.
I don't know what the issue is. Nor how to fix it.
Didn't go through. These people are an absolute joke.

Dell benefit is wasted.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Dec 22, 2019, 3:23 am
  #98  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 16,871
Had about $ 150 in Dell Rewards from a desktop purchase so added it to the benefit to get a Bose QuietComfort 35 which was already on sale for $ 279

No complaints.
levilevi likes this.
QtownDave is offline  
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:34 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,877
Originally Posted by QtownDave
Had about $ 150 in Dell Rewards from a desktop purchase so added it to the benefit to get a Bose QuietComfort 35 which was already on sale for $ 279

No complaints.
As noted prior, if one buys Dell products it is not an issue. The issue is for those of us who don't buy Dell products.
Are there so many complaints in the Saks thread?
s0ssos is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:08 pm
  #100  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by GTITAN
Spent 99.71 all in on 2 USB-C cables and a fancy mouse. Pleased I drained benefit almost in total (29 cents isn't too shabby)!

Safe Travels
Well, after Dell cancelled my smart bulb order, decided just to get a couple Belkin usb-c cables and paid for expedited shipping to try and get the order to get through quickly.

Not super excited about it but I guess 2 USB-C cables are better than nothing.
GTITAN likes this.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:26 pm
  #101  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CLT
Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Posts: 4,268
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Well, after Dell cancelled my smart bulb order, decided just to get a couple Belkin usb-c cables and paid for expedited shipping to try and get the order to get through quickly.

Not super excited about it but I guess 2 USB-C cables are better than nothing.
No issues getting the USB C cables or the mouse. All delivered without a hitch and reimbursed from Amex. Would I have spent $99 and change this way otherwise? No, but under circumstances was pleased.

Safe Travels
GTITAN is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:28 pm
  #102  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by GTITAN
No issues getting the USB C cables or the mouse. All delivered without a hitch and reimbursed from Amex. Would I have spent $99 and change this way otherwise? No, but under circumstances was pleased.

Safe Travels
I looked at Dell mouses/keyboards but the reviews on even their supposed best products aren't that flattering. I usually do logitech products.
Sandeep1 is online now  
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:54 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NYC
Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,281
3 order auto-cancelled today. Customer service is closed. Even the order placed by sales was cancelled.
Frustrating! I went through the customer verification process for my last order few months ago.
Acid is offline  
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:47 pm
  #104  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,877
Originally Posted by Acid
3 order auto-cancelled today. Customer service is closed. Even the order placed by sales was cancelled.
Frustrating! I went through the customer verification process for my last order few months ago.
Algorithm: check type of card:
If amex card check if frequent customer
If not frequent customer cancel order.
No need to notify customer
s0ssos is offline  
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:42 pm
  #105  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6,185
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Algorithm: check type of card:
If amex card check if frequent customer
If not frequent customer cancel order.
No need to notify customer
Maybe. It's so weird. I had 2 orders cancelled without notification (logitech mouse and smart bulbs). I then ordered a couple Belkin USB-C cables + paid for expedited shipping which worked. Order posted to my card 12/30 and received the cables already. Just waiting for the AMEX credit now.
Sandeep1 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.