Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 1:36 pm

July update

Walked by on July 1st. Still welding inside windows are all up.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:20 pm

Just saw this on an FB group, getting closer!
mia, cuthroat, gr2020 and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 9:46 am

From the job listings "Challenging yourself and your team to "raise the bar"by driving continuous improvement. The lounge is open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week, including holidays. While your core schedule will be within these hours, flexibility is required as the operating hours could be extended due to overtime or emergency needs. Additionally, there will be the need to attend global team meetings, which could require you to flex your schedule accordingly."
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Bump to bring this topic back to the top of the page.
Wishing to invite some input/conjecture, as I'm thinking out loud: If the newly minted CL DEN is advertising job listings, wouldn't this mean that they are planning to open within the next short while? (2 weeks? 3 weeks? Beginning of September?)
Not only that, but if DEN is staffing at this time, with what would ostensibly be an opening date, wouldn't this suggest that AmEx is planning to re-open all CL's?
I asked webpage chat person, and they were very non-committal, outside of offering that when the CL's are going to be re-opened, we'll be informed.
Just kibitzing, offering food for thought, looking for other inputs and opinions.
Thanks!

Last edited by dtwlarry; Jul 25, 2020 at 1:06 pm Reason: Added AmEx chat detail
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
I would imagine that we're looking at September/October at the earliest for Denver. The hiring process is going to take at least a month or two (interviews, background checks, etc.) given that they need a whole staff. Then you have at least a few weeks of training, plus fine tuning and testing, plus soft opening and further training. Frankly, I'd be thrilled if it was September, but I'm willing to be patient and hope they get everything right and well polished.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Wishing to invite some input/conjecture, as I'm thinking out loud: If the newly minted CL DEN is advertising job listings, wouldn't this mean that they are planning to open within the next short while? (2 weeks? 3 weeks? Beginning of September?)
Not only that, but if DEN is staffing at this time, with what would ostensibly be an opening date, wouldn't this suggest that AmEx is planning to re-open all CL's?
I asked webpage chat person, and they were very non-committal, outside of offering that when the CL's are going to be re-opened, we'll be informed.
Just kibitzing, offering food for thought, looking for other inputs and opinions.
Thanks!
Centurions Lounges are subject to Amex policies and, more importantly, the regulations of 10 different states. I sincerely doubt that CL's will open uniformly. I don't have my finger to the pulse of Colorado's covid situation but, even if Denver opens in 3 weeks (something I very much doubt despite the job posting), I would expect that it would be in some sort of extraordinarily diminished offering (no buffet or bar and greatly reduced capacity).

While I would love to visit a lounge, the sad fact is that they are usually pretty tight/crowded spaces and amex is unlikely to take the risk to its reputation (or its customers) to reopen them when the circumstances are not under control.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Denver current rules

Currently in Denver Bars closed and Restaurant no alcohol after 10 pm.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Thanks for the interesting points, @GTJoe, @imnotalawyer and @MileHighColorado.
Allow me to offer a flipside to the local regulation angle: Airports that already have open (or recently re-opened) lounges would be places where AmEx could re-open their CL's. According to a post in the Delta Forum regarding Sky Clubs, DEN reopened some time earlier this month. (Of course, the limited offerings, etc. could be the rationale behind keeping a CL closed, too.) But to my mind, the jobs posting for the DEN CL screams they plan to maybe do the soft opening shortly (undefined timeframe), and go along at 40-50% capacity/capability. Or not.
I'm happy reading other points of view, thanks all!
milesforhire and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:54 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by dtwlarry
Thanks!

Doubtful. Amex is extremely slow on the hiring side. If they just advertised expect 6-8 weeks just for selection and hiring/interviews. Once they are hired you are looking 6-8 weeks of training for staff.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by `X'
Doubtful. Amex is extremely slow on the hiring side. If they just advertised expect 6-8 weeks just for selection and hiring/interviews. Once they are hired you are looking 6-8 weeks of training for staff.
Thanks, 'X!' Just wishful thinking on my part.
OTOH, this will be the 3rd CL that could have been open during my transit through, but wasn't. JFK is still off into the future, and PHX opened a few days after my wife and I left during the Christmas/NYE holiday season. Maybe on the next visit through DEN, we'll have that chance to check out the CL...just not this trip! :-/
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll believe this lounge is open when I see it. Even with the current situation of covid this lounge is at least 1 year late, off the top of my head.

And here I was hoping for bragging rights that I accurately called the open date!
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Centurions Lounges are subject to Amex policies and, more importantly, the regulations of 10 different states. I sincerely doubt that CL's will open uniformly. I don't have my finger to the pulse of Colorado's covid situation but, even if Denver opens in 3 weeks (something I very much doubt despite the job posting), I would expect that it would be in some sort of extraordinarily diminished offering (no buffet or bar and greatly reduced capacity).

While I would love to visit a lounge, the sad fact is that they are usually pretty tight/crowded spaces and amex is unlikely to take the risk to its reputation (or its customers) to reopen them when the circumstances are not under control.
I'm surprised Amex hasn't done some sort of 'to go' bag for those with Centurion access - sanitizer, heavy snack, choice of non-alcoholic beverage, etc. I would expect that to be allowed in all airports with the current restrictions.
chrisny2, cuthroat and esc2476 like this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:39 am

No chance it will be open for a September 5th flight? Just opened my Platinum card.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:33 am

I just walked by, it still seems to be in the middle of construction. It doesn’t look like any finishes are in or anything. It’s going to be a good size, really looking forward to it and hoping for a trip on February.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: MR Platinum Premier
So I have finally started flying again and I took the opportunity to wander by the lounge on Friday. They still look nowhere near complete, the drywall is up, but there are a ton of missing lights and nearly no finishing touches. But there were work crews in there at the time, so they are working on it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But we are making progress.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.