FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:38 pm
lowfareair

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
Centurions Lounges are subject to Amex policies and, more importantly, the regulations of 10 different states. I sincerely doubt that CL's will open uniformly. I don't have my finger to the pulse of Colorado's covid situation but, even if Denver opens in 3 weeks (something I very much doubt despite the job posting), I would expect that it would be in some sort of extraordinarily diminished offering (no buffet or bar and greatly reduced capacity).

While I would love to visit a lounge, the sad fact is that they are usually pretty tight/crowded spaces and amex is unlikely to take the risk to its reputation (or its customers) to reopen them when the circumstances are not under control.
I'm surprised Amex hasn't done some sort of 'to go' bag for those with Centurion access - sanitizer, heavy snack, choice of non-alcoholic beverage, etc. I would expect that to be allowed in all airports with the current restrictions.