Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Honestly, I would fly Delta in your shoes. Just go to the AMEX Lounge for the food and cocktails; then head over to the Delta lounge to relax.
That doesn't work for Denver based people flying to DFW/PHL/PHX/LAS/IAH/SFO unless you want to take a connecting flight.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:54 am

I've looked at that, but as a Denver based flyer, it doesn't make sense for my typical destinations, as most trips would require a connection on Delta.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Here now, no change visible from inside the terminal. Their liquor license hearing notification is up though. Apparently the hearing was 11/19. Liquor license fees in Denver County aren't particularly expensive, so I don't think them having a license in hand actually means anything in turns of timing, but hey.... At least it won't be the thing slowing them down.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Anyone have any updates? Flying through DEN in the next few weeks so crossing my fingers it will be open. Phoenix opening seemed kind of out of the blue so wondering if this one will be similar.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:21 pm

There was a pop-up Centurion lounge in Vail last weekend to intro the new chef. Sounds like the opening may be imminent.
mia likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:41 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Honestly, I would fly Delta in your shoes. Just go to the AMEX Lounge for the food and cocktails; then head over to the Delta lounge to relax.
Agreed. I am moving to DEN and will continue to only fly DL. I'd rather connect on Delta and actually get there!
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by Traveler_boy_25
Agreed. I am moving to DEN and will continue to only fly DL. I'd rather connect on Delta and actually get there!
The economics and time constraints really muddy the waters for Denver residents here. If the scenario is...

DEN-[random east coast city] - 3 hours & $250

DEN-ATL-[random east coast city] 6 hours & $325

I get that Delta's ops/on-time records (and service, I'm told) tend to be better than UA, but do you really think they are THAT much better after you factor in potential premium to fly Delta, lost time in the air (sometimes this means missing full days of productivity depending on schedules), an added flight that increases chances for delay/cancel? Seems like a lot of $ and inconvenience and the ability to access the Delta lounge with your Amex Plat doesn't really seem like enough to offset it.

But if it makes sense financially, and with your travel patterns I completely understand why someone would choose Delta.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by mpw81
The economics and time constraints really muddy the waters for Denver residents here. If the scenario is...

DEN-[random east coast city] - 3 hours & $250

DEN-ATL-[random east coast city] 6 hours & $325

I get that Delta's ops/on-time records (and service, I'm told) tend to be better than UA, but do you really think they are THAT much better after you factor in potential premium to fly Delta, lost time in the air (sometimes this means missing full days of productivity depending on schedules), an added flight that increases chances for delay/cancel? Seems like a lot of $ and inconvenience and the ability to access the Delta lounge with your Amex Plat doesn't really seem like enough to offset it.

But if it makes sense financially, and with your travel patterns I completely understand why someone would choose Delta.
I completely agree with a lot of your points and find them to be very valid. I personally just see how often UA and WN are delayed/cancelled, and how little that happens on DL. I’m going to start out flying DL when I first move since I already have status on them and find them to be pretty reliable. If it doesn’t workout I’ll have to switch to UA.

I also have been researching flight fares and comparing UA nonstop vs DL connecting out of DEN, and they are usually around the same price give or take $5.
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson

Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson from Boulder’s Frasca will be the new executive chef at the Denver lounge. Sounds like Northern Italian cuisine will be the tastes and smells!

https://www.departures.com/lifestyle...unge-vail-menu
cuthroat and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Lachlan Mackinnon-Patterson from Boulder’s Frasca will be the new executive chef at the Denver lounge. Sounds like Northern Italian cuisine will be the tastes and smells!

https://www.departures.com/lifestyle...unge-vail-menu
All that is missing is the actual lounge now!
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Are there any updates on the lounge opening schedule? Are they hiring employees yet?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 6:27 pm

The operator doesn't appear to have any openings posted that indicate airport. So unless everyone is already hired, which I doubt, that's probably a good sign the opening is at least a month or 2 out unless they were to just move staff from other operations.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:18 am

Just got an email for the February Platinum Card news and it shows LAX and CLT opening soon. I'm losing hope that it will be any sooner than late Summer at this point.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by fingmongoose
Just got an email for the February Platinum Card news and it shows LAX and CLT opening soon. I'm losing hope that it will be any sooner than late Summer at this point.
We had our hopes up with the Vail pop up that it would be open by our next trip when we are flying SW!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: WN A-List, Marriott Tit
I'm in DEN so I walked down to see how things are going. I could hear construction going on upstairs. I guess we still have a while to wait.

cuthroat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.