Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
From TPG--"Two more lounges — at Denver and London Heathrow — are on track to open by the end of the year"

https://thepointsguy.com/news/amex-c...ate=2020-10-05
Old Oct 5, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
OMAAT reported the same - that DEN is on track. I wonder if that's officially from AMEX or just based on previous reporting that the plan was for a 2020 open. Last time I asked an agent about it, she had no update (this was mid Sept). It really does seem that less than 3 months is pushing it based on the current appearance and how every step has been delayed. It would be quite the Christmas gift, though.
imnotalawyer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
From TPG--"Two more lounges — at Denver and London Heathrow — are on track to open by the end of the year"
They said that last year! We'll see, I feel there is little rush to actually stick to an EOY timeline if an issue comes about.
krazykanuck and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DENDave
OMAAT reported the same - that DEN is on track. I wonder if that's officially from AMEX or just based on previous reporting that the plan was for a 2020 open. Last time I asked an agent about it, she had no update (this was mid Sept). It really does seem that less than 3 months is pushing it based on the current appearance and how every step has been delayed. It would be quite the Christmas gift, though.
Airport lounges are always "on track" until they are not on track.

Frankly, since T3 in LHR is closed, with no real line of sight to re-opening, I really don't even know how they could say that lounge is "on track." Its hard to envision T3 @ LHR re-opening before the 2021 at this point. I realize that this thread is about DEN, but point being, they frequently report things as "on track" until the last moment, then push the schedule out substantially.

Regards
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:10 am

I haven't noticed this before, but Centurion Lounge page says DEN and LHR is coming soon.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:37 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by spier072
.... page says DEN and LHR is coming soon.
That notice has been there for over a year. See below screen shot from April 2019:

Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:51 am

My apologies!
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I think they add each location to that list when it is first announced. "Soon" isn't to be taken literally .
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:32 am

Buddy was in Concourse C yesterday--not looking "soon" by cardholder expectations
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1P
Looks like a fair amount of progress to me. Some larger light fixtures hung, guys working on countertops, etc.

Old Nov 21, 2020, 5:31 am

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
I have a layover in DEN on December 1. Any chance it will be open by then? (I think I already know the answer)
Old Nov 21, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Originally Posted by KLMatSJC
I have a layover in DEN on December 1. Any chance it will be open by then? (I think I already know the answer)

Denver has closed indoor dining and drinking for now so probably no lounges are going to be open
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:58 am

Looks like Amex Lounge is delayed till 2021

“Due to these unprecedented times, our lounge openings at Denver International Airport (DEN) and Heathrow Airport (LHR) are experiencing delays. We will continue to work closely with our airport partners and look forward to opening in 2021. We will share more information soon, so stay tuned!”
Old Nov 24, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by safari ari
They said that last year! We'll see, I feel there is little rush to actually stick to an EOY timeline if an issue comes about.
Originally Posted by jacquesmc12
Looks like Amex Lounge is delayed till 2021

“Due to these unprecedented times, our lounge openings at Denver International Airport (DEN) and Heathrow Airport (LHR) are experiencing delays. We will continue to work closely with our airport partners and look forward to opening in 2021. We will share more information soon, so stay tuned!”
I'm shocked!
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Long thread and I'm not as familiar with DEN as you guys, which concourse does AC and UA mainly fly out of? Is it B? If so, is the Centurion Lounge close to the train that will quickly take me from C to B?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.