Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by lsquare
Long thread and I'm not as familiar with DEN as you guys, which concourse does AC and UA mainly fly out of? Is it B? If so, is the Centurion Lounge close to the train that will quickly take me from C to B?
I timed a C to B transfer last year (below). A, where AC is, to B would be similar. I'd consider 5:00 to be just about the best case scenario "without breaking a sweat." I'd plan for 10. The train ride itself is less than 30 seconds so the real variable is gate location and walking distance. I wouldn't consider it much different the SFO Centurion lounge to the farthest UA gates there or potential long walks between far reaches at IAH.

If you are doing AC to UA (A to B) or UA to UA (B to B, although they've picked up a handful of A/C gates too) then you'll be doing A to C to B OR B to C to B to visit the lounge, so you are looking at 10 mins each way, probably. I'd say not worth it on anything less than a 45 minute "in the terminal" connection (so walking off the plane to boarding starting), and I probably wouldn't do it on anything under 60, personally.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31506553-post73.html
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:20 pm

the UA lounges are open; construction on the Amex lounge is moving slowly.
The only place in Denver you can get a meal at a table indoors is the airport. Enjoy this one oasis of sanity.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Denver Centurion getting close

Walked by this morning and construction walls are down and interior finishes - from what I could see anyway - appear complete or near complete.

SFO777, lsquare, cuthroat and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:05 am

That is great news. If I were running Amex's lounges, I would want this club and the one at LHR operational by summer - ready for a travel rebound. Once it is operational, and if it is not too crowded, I will seriously consider dropping my Untied Club membership. The DEN UCs are filthy, outdated, and pretty expensive for what you get.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by bxwatso
That is great news. If I were running Amex's lounges, I would want this club and the one at LHR operational by summer - ready for a travel rebound. Once it is operational, and if it is not too crowded, I will seriously consider dropping my Untied Club membership. The DEN UCs are filthy, outdated, and pretty expensive for what you get.
I place a heavy emphasis on food as I like to grab a meal before I fly. The UC at DEN concourse B is terrible. Pre-COVID, there were just simple food such as cookies, soup, and snacks. Nothing substantial. I personally wouldn't pay for a UC membership when the product is so average. I suspect people do want a proper meal judging from the line at the Priority Pass restaurant before it was shut down. I suspect people will rather be at the Centurion Lounge for food than the UC.

Last edited by lsquare; Jan 8, 2021 at 9:53 am
Old Jan 8, 2021, 9:27 am

Agree. I had a fine, restaurant quality meal at the IAH Centurion Club (before the shutdowns). I don't always want a meal, but I always want a clean, quite place to get away from the airport crowds. The DEN UC offers none of that. The bathrooms may as well be at LGA; the paneling is pealing off the wall, the service areas are from the '90s; the staff is borderline contemptuous of me; the days when the travel agents were an indispensable lifeline are long-long gone. What am I paying for? Apart from the waitlists to get in, the Centurion Lounges are the best deal in travel.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:05 am

Maybe this is for another topic, but weren't they supposed to be updating the United Clubs in Denver?
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by spier072
Maybe this is for another topic, but weren't they supposed to be updating the United Clubs in Denver?
Probably so. Anyway, yes, a few years ago they updated the furniture and the tables where you can sit to work on your laptop. The rest is stuck in 1995 when the Red Carpet clubs were first built.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:16 am

Yeah, updating and maybe even expanding the ones in B plus adding a new one in A but no Polaris. It was requested in January and city council (which approves all contracts at den) may have even approved before the pandemic really hit. Regardless I'm sure united is in no hurry to move forward right now regardless.

A common use /priority pass lounge was approved earlier for A but I don't think it's even moved beyond design yet.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by DENDave
Yeah, updating and maybe even expanding the ones in B plus adding a new one in A but no Polaris. It was requested in January and city council (which approves all contracts at den) may have even approved before the pandemic really hit. Regardless I'm sure united is in no hurry to move forward right now regardless.

A common use /priority pass lounge was approved earlier for A but I don't think it's even moved beyond design yet.
That was the Plaza Premium Lounge which was also supposed to open in 2020. No idea on progress other then that.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
That was the Plaza Premium Lounge which was also supposed to open in 2020. No idea on progress other then that.
Oh? It wouldn't surprise me if COVID affected plans.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
That certainly looks promising. Hope they open it soon. I already downgraded my MileageClub card in 2020 since there was no travel and didn't see a point in paying 450 unnecessarily, and was hoping that the Centurion lounge opens up by the time i have to travel. Well so i'm traveling in Feb, so fingers crossed on the opening date.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I am getting excited .... I have been waiting to get the Platinum card my wait may be over soon.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by DENDave
Walked by this morning and construction walls are down and interior finishes - from what I could see anyway - appear complete or near complete.
Was the large entryway door/box thing at the bottom of the escalator gone? Based on your picture from the bottom of the escalator, I would think it would have to be, right? I'd assume they had something else blocking the way or else people would just walk up the escalator, right?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by mpw81
Was the large entryway door/box thing at the bottom of the escalator gone? Based on your picture from the bottom of the escalator, I would think it would have to be, right? I'd assume they had something else blocking the way or else people would just walk up the escalator, right?
Yeah, the big white walls that were around the escalator have been taken down. There was some type of cone or simple barricade in front of the escalators, which were also off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.