Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge DEN [Opened 1 February 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2021, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by DENDave
Yeah, the big white walls that were around the escalator have been taken down. There was some type of cone or simple barricade in front of the escalators, which were also off.
Sounds promising. The company that operates the lounge (Sodexo) has a handful of positions posted for the lounge. I wouldn't be surprised if they are open within a month or 2 if you figure a couple weeks to hire/onboard and another couple weeks to train.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:12 pm

operating hours ?

Originally Posted by mpw81
Sounds promising. The company that operates the lounge (Sodexo) has a handful of positions posted for the lounge. I wouldn't be surprised if they are open within a month or 2 if you figure a couple weeks to hire/onboard and another couple weeks to train.

I took a peak into the lounge from the elevator entrace but did not venture into the club as it was vacant and didn't want to be cited for possible trespassing.

From the elevator entrance, I did notice this sign with the posted hours of the club- Daily Hours: 05:00 am to 10:00 pm.

Here hoping the club opens real real soon.

Possible hours of the Den Centurion Lounge
kirkwoodj, brc01, neek1022 and 4 others like this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Anybody heard any new rumblings about the opening date for the CL in DEN? Have trips planned through there in January and February.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wakesetter93
Anybody heard any new rumblings about the opening date for the CL in DEN? Have trips planned through there in January and February.
I hope you mean Jan and Feb 2022, not this month. Then there's a chance DEN might be open by then
Old Jan 20, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I hope you mean Jan and Feb 2022, not this month. Then there's a chance DEN might be open by then
I'm headed to DEN to go skiing, so I'm headed there regardless. DEN was pushed back from 2020 to 2021 but no hard dates were given. From what I saw on my last trip in December it looked like they were getting closer.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 8:51 pm

The lounge is finished. They are having training now for the staff. I was advised sometime in February 2021.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by jkazski
The lounge is finished. They are having training now for the staff. I was advised sometime in February 2021.
Good stuff, hopefully it'll be open on my next trip then.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jkazski
Very good news. Hopefully I'll never need to go the UC anymore.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 4:58 pm

Yes. Most of the airports I visit will now have CLs, except for MSY. Pretty hard to justify a $450 UC card (chase) just to visit one lounge. I might wait to see how crowded it gets, but with COVID stuff, that might not be a concern before 2022. On the other hand, this might get UA to improve its services.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, AA Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by bxwatso
Yes. Most of the airports I visit will now have CLs, except for MSY. Pretty hard to justify a $450 UC card (chase) just to visit one lounge. I might wait to see how crowded it gets, but with COVID stuff, that might not be a concern before 2022. On the other hand, this might get UA to improve its services.
and the Club at MSY (at least before COVID) is nice. It痴 no CL, but it痴 perfectly serviceable.
Old Jan 21, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by lsquare
Very good news. Hopefully I'll never need to go the UC anymore.
Except that the UC's are on the B concourse. So if you are short on time or connecting, the UC may be way more reasonable than train transfers to/from the C concourse and then the walk to the CL. I estimate that it's about 10 minutes each way, which includes 4 escalator rides, the wait for the train, ride time, and whatever walking is needed. So if originating in DEN, the penalty is probably only one 10 minute transfer (or if you happen to have an A-B transfer and a long layover). But if connecting within the B concourse and not on a really long connecting time, it's unlikely to be warranted or feasible to go over to the C concourse.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by seacarl
Except that the UC's are on the B concourse. So if you are short on time or connecting, the UC may be way more reasonable than train transfers to/from the C concourse and then the walk to the CL. I estimate that it's about 10 minutes each way, which includes 4 escalator rides, the wait for the train, ride time, and whatever walking is needed. So if originating in DEN, the penalty is probably only one 10 minute transfer (or if you happen to have an A-B transfer and a long layover). But if connecting within the B concourse and not on a really long connecting time, it's unlikely to be warranted or feasible to go over to the C concourse.
Literally just timed this yesterday from a DEN UC to the Amex lounge in C. It was just under 12 minutes for me, so say 15 to call it safe if using a more leisurely walk.

Im debating whether it is worth it to get a Platinum card. Most of my connections are right around an hour, so this doesn稚 really make too much sense for me. However, United is cutting back flights on my normal routes so my connections may become longer.

I really wish DEN still had a Priority Pass option.
seacarl and cuthroat like this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Literally just timed this yesterday from a DEN UC to the Amex lounge in C. It was just under 12 minutes for me, so say 15 to call it safe if using a more leisurely walk.

Im debating whether it is worth it to get a Platinum card. Most of my connections are right around an hour, so this doesn稚 really make too much sense for me. However, United is cutting back flights on my normal routes so my connections may become longer.

I really wish DEN still had a Priority Pass option.
I'm thinking that the CL will be most valuable if originating in DEN. Or maybe during IRROPs
lsquare likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 9:45 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by seacarl
I'm thinking that the CL will be most valuable if originating in DEN. Or maybe during IRROPs
Id say for the most part yes, but I usually find myself with at least one three hour layover a month there. And like I said, that値l probably be increasing with the United February schedule update.

I知 still mulling over the value proposition of the Platinum. Until they announce what the replacement for the $200 airline fee credit is, I知 holding off. I think I値l wait to see how long the wait is to get into to the DEN CL as well 😁
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Id say for the most part yes, but I usually find myself with at least one three hour layover a month there. And like I said, that値l probably be increasing with the United February schedule update.

I知 still mulling over the value proposition of the Platinum. Until they announce what the replacement for the $200 airline fee credit is, I知 holding off. I think I値l wait to see how long the wait is to get into to the DEN CL as well 😁
​​​​​​They're removing the airline credit from the Platinum? I thought it was only the Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.