Last edit by: mia

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge JFK T-4 [Open 9 October 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:31 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
The lounge is located near TSA check point--easy access for all travelers. SC is at B32 "miles" from TSA. T4 is a monster size terminal, once air travel returns to normal, the AMEX lounge will fill up fast, so I'm guessing SC will be will be much less crowded.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by nrr
The lounge is located near TSA check point--easy access for all travelers. SC is at B32 "miles" from TSA. T4 is a monster size terminal, once air travel returns to normal, the AMEX lounge will fill up fast, so I'm guessing SC will be will be much less crowded.
I hope so the SC was a zoo precovid. However since Delta has a lot of flights out of T4 and with the benefit of Am Ex lounge access the the Delta Reserve card along with the SkyClub that may not be the case.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:55 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I hope so the SC was a zoo precovid. However since Delta has a lot of flights out of T4 and with the benefit of Am Ex lounge access the the Delta Reserve card along with the SkyClub that may not be the case.
Pre virus, I had flts out of gates in the B20's, to get to B32 and back to my departure gate I had to do lots of extra walking.
Does the Cent. Lounge have outdoor seating the way SC does?
In the SC there is a sign (pre virus) noting that extra seating is planned.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
Pre virus, I had flts out of gates in the B20's, to get to B32 and back to my departure gate I had to do lots of extra walking.
Does the Cent. Lounge have outdoor seating the way SC does?
In the SC there is a sign (pre virus) noting that extra seating is planned.
Unfortunately no, there is no outdoor seating at the Centurion Lounge. This is the only thing I can think of that the SC has over the Centurion Lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 10:28 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On Fri. 11/13/20 at 7:00 am I visited the JFK lounge--not many pax, lots of waiters and waitresses. They were serving nice hot items, eggs + sausage + bacon was really tasty, even the orange juice had lots of pulp. I'm anxious to see whether their lunch and dinner will be "upscale".
Now DL SC offers mediocre breakfast items, on a 0 to 10 scale NOW, I'd rate SC breakfast 3 and AMEX. 9.
For dinner items what does SC have compared to pre-Covid?
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
On Fri. 11/13/20 at 7:00 am I visited the JFK lounge--not many pax, lots of waiters and waitresses. They were serving nice hot items, eggs + sausage + bacon was really tasty, even the orange juice had lots of pulp. I'm anxious to see whether their lunch and dinner will be "upscale".
Now DL SC offers mediocre breakfast items, on a 0 to 10 scale NOW, I'd rate SC breakfast 3 and AMEX. 9.
For dinner items what does SC have compared to pre-Covid?
The lunch and dinner items at the SC were similar to pre-CV. I posted a photo over in the DL forum about my recent visit there.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA
I'm flying out of T8 at 2pm domestic AA next week. I think even with all of my lounge access perks (except I don't have Admirals access), this might be the only lounge I have access to. Since this is past security I take it it will be difficult to visit this lounge before my flight?

EDIT: I meant to say that we're flying out of T8 not T4

Last edited by y642637; Nov 23, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:58 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by y642637
I'm flying out of T4 at 2pm domestic AA next week. I think even with all of my lounge access perks (except I don't have Admirals access), this might be the only lounge I have access to. Since this is past security I take it it will be difficult to visit this lounge before my flight?
You could clear security at T4, use the Amex lounge, then exit security and take the AirTrain to T8 where you'd have to reclear security for your AA flight. If you have Precheck I'd plan to leave the lounge at least an hour before your flight; if you don't have priority security access given the heavy travel period I'd plan to leave the lounge at least 1.5-2 hours before your flight. Up to you whether all that is worth it.

If you're planning to check a bag with AA, you'd have to go to T8 first to check the bag, then AirTrain to T4, then pick up with the steps above, which would tip the scale farther away from worth it.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
You could clear security at T4, use the Amex lounge, then exit security and take the AirTrain to T8 where you'd have to reclear security for your AA flight. If you have Precheck I'd plan to leave the lounge at least an hour before your flight; if you don't have priority security access given the heavy travel period I'd plan to leave the lounge at least 1.5-2 hours before your flight. Up to you whether all that is worth it.

If you're planning to check a bag with AA, you'd have to go to T8 first to check the bag, then AirTrain to T4, then pick up with the steps above, which would tip the scale farther away from worth it.
I hope we're able to clear security in T4 with a T8 domestic boarding pass. We do have pre-check, and we do plan on checking bags in T8 then AirTrain'ing it over to T4. We'll be getting there plenty early as I do really want to check out that lounge and see how it compares to LGA for future travel consideration.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I hope we're able to clear security in T4 with a T8 domestic boarding pass. We do have pre-check, and we do plan on checking bags in T8 then AirTrain'ing it over to T4. We'll be getting there plenty early as I do really want to check out that lounge and see how it compares to LGA for future travel consideration.
It is supposed to be TSA policy that you should be allowed to enter at T4 with a same-day boarding pass from any JFK terminal; you may have to politely explain to a TSA agent at T4 what you're doing if they ask.

Note that going from T8 to T4 you'll want to take the "all terminals" AirTrain on track 2 (and not the Jamaica or Howard Beach trains on track 1, which wouldn't take you to T4 without a long detour). Going from T4 to T8 you can take any train that arrives. Adding in bag check time, transit time and security wait time, I'd plan to get to the airport at least 2.5 hours early plus however much lounge time you want.
y642637 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
If you read this whole thread, and one this small is rather easy to do so, you'll find I've already posted about doing just what you're hoping to do.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32752376-post84.html
y642637 likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
If you read this whole thread, and one this small is rather easy to do so, you'll find I've already posted about doing just what you're hoping to do.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32752376-post84.html
Indeed and thank you for sharing. I believe I had skimmed your post when I skimmed through the thread but failed to notice the embedded "T8". Looking forward to my visit.
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Is the Centurion Lounge close to the DL and WS gates?

OT, but are there any long term plans to allow the ability to access any terminal without going through security multiple times? Must be very annoying to access the lounge if not flying out of T4.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by lsquare
Well, with respect to WS, the current answer is not at all ;-)
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare

OT, but are there any long term plans to allow the ability to access any terminal without going through security multiple times? Must be very annoying to access the lounge if not flying out of T4.
It’s much closer to the A gates than the DL gates.

Not aware of any long term plans to ‘sterilize’ the AirTrain. Essentially every station would have to be moved to the other side of each TSA checkpoint which creates a major logistical issue when you factor in the placement of gate and ramp areas.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.