Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I don't think Amex loads to serve are/were considered unusual banking activity. I got an email from Amex encouraging me to load my Serve using American Express credit cards, and I'm sure they wouldn't encourage it if it didn't work with their business plan.
Why do you think Serve accounts get shutdown?

Consider your volumes/frequencies across all Amex cards. Care to expand your spending in detail within the last 3 months across Amex and non-Amex cards? That would help paint a better picture of why you were flagged. Based on your posts, you were spending/loading a decent amount on your Amex cards alone in the last few months.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Why do you think Serve accounts get shutdown?

Consider your volumes/frequencies across all Amex cards. Care to expand your spending in detail within the last 3 months across Amex and non-Amex cards? That would help paint a better picture of why you were flagged. Based on your posts, you were spending/loading a decent amount on your Amex cards alone in the last few months.
Without pulling up my accounts I would approximate the following for the past 3 months. As you can see, I would hardly say any of it is considered suspicious. I've sent a notice of claim to American Express regarding my "available" points that have been made unavailable. I will update if I hear back.

Delta Amex:
$1600 rent (via Plastiq)
$400 misc living expenses
$200 medical expenses

Platinum Amex:
$1600 rent (via Plastiq)
$2000 tuition for family member
$1200 hamilton tickets
$1000 donation to charity

Citi Prestige:
$3200 rent (via Radpad)
$200 medical expenses

SPG:
$200 travel expenses
$300 misc other day-to-day expense

Ritz Carlton:
$900 airfare
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:05 pm

Plastiq is not considered as MS, for sure.
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Just to be clear, I've never MSed on any cards, Amex or otherwise. The only thing I've done that could possibly be considered MS is using plastiq to pay rent (if that's considered MS).

I originally thought I was having a FR when I saw my points were frozen, but I realized yesterday that I was still able to use all my Amex credit cards, so I know its not an FR (although I'm still not sure why both my SPG and Plat were declined at the same POS the same day).
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: AOPA
Anyone know why DDF deleted this thread on the forum?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by teddy25
Anyone know why DDF deleted this thread on the forum?
A lot of the Amex threads are now deleted there, given the relationship with Amex.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:32 pm

Seems this one is dying finally. Any clawbacks this week?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:47 am

What if you already spent the points and closed the account. Then a letter sent out to you two months later. i know I met the points requirment that's why it posted to my account. Do you require to pay it back? Not sure what's the deal.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by milesjjcc
Seems this one is dying finally. Any clawbacks this week?
I haven't heard of any clawbacks recently, but they're still freezing points.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:25 am

Anyone else request mediation? How long does it take to hear back from JAMS?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by mmax1
Anyone else request mediation? How long does it take to hear back from JAMS?
Yes I requested it. I got an email from JAMS representative within 30 minutes of filling their online form (I filled it out during business hours).

I then got a letter from JAMS with a list of mediators to select within 2-3 days.

Their representatives on email are very responsive also, replying within a few hours if its business hours.

At this point I'm waiting on Amex to select the mediators (they should've gotten the notice in the last 1-2 days).
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:22 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See also this thread and follow the link in the last post:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tion-help.html
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by nomii
Yes I requested it. I got an email from JAMS representative within 30 minutes of filling their online form (I filled it out during business hours).

I then got a letter from JAMS with a list of mediators to select within 2-3 days.

Their representatives on email are very responsive also, replying within a few hours if its business hours.

At this point I'm waiting on Amex to select the mediators (they should've gotten the notice in the last 1-2 days).
Interesting. It's been a week and I haven't heard anything.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:10 pm

Is this Amex clawback/freezing issue limited to the leaked 100,000 MR offer only? Has anybody experienced this on other Amex sign-up/upgrade bonus offers where Amex has frozen points based on perceived MS activity?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:25 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nycguy5
I...anybody experienced this on other Amex sign-up/upgrade bonus offers where Amex has frozen points based on perceived MS activity?
There are a few ambiguous cases where the person applied for both this card and another around the same time, and the investigation seems to be related to the other card. However, I don't think we yet have sufficient evidence to know if this represents a change in American Express practice or it is restricted to this offer.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There are a few ambiguous cases where the person applied for both this card and another around the same time, and the investigation seems to be related to the other card. However, I don't think we yet have sufficient evidence to know if this represents a change in American Express practice or it is restricted to this offer.
Ok, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.