Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:44 pm

... is going on--- 09/02/2016 Adjusted Point Adjustment -100,000

i spend 3k in may 2016...got points..points were used...gone...had 0 now this? do i owe money the card not being used at all cancelled
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
Are there any data points for frozen points having not signed up for the 100K Platinum? Just saw the first one on another forum, now I'm curious.
I did the amex platinum and then 3 months later the MB platinum. Downgraded personal platinum to gold Aug 2, points frozen Aug 30 and CSR said they were investigating MB platinum spend. No MS, over $4k in spend first 2 months so it shouldn't be an issue but frustrated that I cannot take advantage of BA bonus. They quoted 6 - 8 weeks for resolution. Not happy.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:24 pm

Total MR balance of ~154k was just unfrozen today.

Received bonus 7/13, all organic spend of approximately $3100 not including MPX purchases and AF. Have continued to use the card after the 92 day promotional period as well. Also got the 50k PRG offer at same time as Plat.

Not sure if I should transfer everything out or not. I feel like I will have a pretty good shot at disputing the 100k clawback when it inevitably happens, since I've done no MS, have had no other Plat product, have not closed the card, and have continued to use it. I just don't know where I want to dump all the MR. Avios I guess? We can get a fair amount of use out of them from our airport. Plus there is the 30% bonus right now. Hmm.

I have had no other Amex cards, so... while I'm really fed up over this whole debacle, I don't want to completely burn my bridges since I haven't taken full advantage of them yet... heh.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by celticmyst08
Total MR balance of ~154k was just unfrozen today.

Received bonus 7/13, all organic spend of approximately $3100 not including MPX purchases and AF. Have continued to use the card after the 92 day promotional period as well. Also got the 50k PRG offer at same time as Plat.

Not sure if I should transfer everything out or not. I feel like I will have a pretty good shot at disputing the 100k clawback when it inevitably happens, since I've done no MS, have had no other Plat product, have not closed the card, and have continued to use it. I just don't know where I want to dump all the MR. Avios I guess? We can get a fair amount of use out of them from our airport. Plus there is the 30% bonus right now. Hmm.

I have had no other Amex cards, so... while I'm really fed up over this whole debacle, I don't want to completely burn my bridges since I haven't taken full advantage of them yet... heh.
Avios or Kris. I say that as I transferred mine to Kris and my wife's to Avios. Avios can be valuable with the right flight selection. You flying domestic or international mostly? One World or Star Alliance?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
I did the amex platinum and then 3 months later the MB platinum. Downgraded personal platinum to gold Aug 2, points frozen Aug 30 and CSR said they were investigating MB platinum spend. No MS, over $4k in spend first 2 months so it shouldn't be an issue but frustrated that I cannot take advantage of BA bonus. They quoted 6 - 8 weeks for resolution. Not happy.
I would avoid plat cards at all cost at this point. Not worth the hassle.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:27 am

What will happen if someone cancelled all the MR cards and there's no more MR number for them? Will they still clawblack somehow?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:53 am

Got the card during 100k May leaked link for, met MS in August, got points on 8/29. Tried redeeming last night for the first time, points were frozen. Called in and they told me my acc is under review and it can take 6-8 weeks to verify that I didn't make any refunds, etc. I did serve loads to reach MS mostly (only had ~$1k natural spend), and there were a few refunds that I did, so I am a bit worried based on the other DPs in this thread. D:

Trying to figure out if I should make more natural spend now (although I'm trying to meet MS for CSR), but I don't think that should affect the review since the 3 month period has passed..

Last edited by aimango; Sep 10, 2016 at 11:01 am
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne
Avios or Kris. I say that as I transferred mine to Kris and my wife's to Avios. Avios can be valuable with the right flight selection. You flying domestic or international mostly? One World or Star Alliance?
Don't really have a preference between alliances. Right now we're flying mostly domestic, because I'm in school + working full time and it's difficult to take long periods of time off to travel internationally. But we currently have the SW CP as well as 60k Avios, so most of our domestic plans are covered through 2017. Avios are useful for us since we have a lot of direct AA/AS flights out of SEA and, assuming they don't get devalued again, we could use them for a long time to travel domestically. Plus they do have a few international sweet spots via non surcharge airlines (Air Berlin, etc).

I think I'll just transfer everything to Avios. 180k Avios with the current 30% transfer bonus is nothing to sneeze at.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by aimango
Got the card during 100k May leaked link for, met MS in August, got points on 8/29. Tried redeeming last night for the first time, points were frozen. Called in and they told me my acc is under review and it can take 6-8 weeks to verify that I didn't make any refunds, etc. I did serve loads to reach MS mostly (only had ~$1k natural spend), and there were a few refunds that I did, so I am a bit worried based on the other DPs in this thread. D:

Trying to figure out if I should make more natural spend now (although I'm trying to meet MS for CSR), but I don't think that should affect the review since the 3 month period has passed..
Spending more isn't going to do you any good at this point. There is almost no chance that you will be able to keep these points.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by celticmyst08

Not sure if I should transfer everything out or not. I feel like I will have a pretty good shot at disputing the 100k clawback when it inevitably happens, since I've done no MS, have had no other Plat product, have not closed the card, and have continued to use it.
Clawbacks aren't inevitable by any means. Lots of people have not experienced a clawback.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I transferred around 500k points split between Avios, Kris and MilleMiglia. My account is empty now.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:41 pm

My points were unfrozen some time in the last few days. The bonus points posted 7/16. I met the offer terms using organic spend and have not had any other Platinum product before.

Strongly considering transferring out all points except a few thousand that may come in handy for topping off accounts.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:52 pm

How do you know they were unfrozen?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Dan Hu
How do you know they were unfrozen?
I successfully transfered points out. Previous attempts failed.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:16 pm

Freeze lifted yesterday/today. Still not sure whether I am safe or not. Met spend on 3rd Aug organically though MPX puts me back below 3K. Also had asked membership supervisor to review my account & he said I didn't meet spend as credit will be deducted from spend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.