Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Marriott

Spend $500 or more, get $100 back Marriott International luxury brands

DETAILS

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ USD on room rate/room charges at EDITIONŽ, The Ritz-CarltonŽ, The Luxury Collection, St. RegisŽ, WŽ Hotels & JW MarriottŽ from 9/5/2019 to 12/31/2019. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American ExpressŽ Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Found on my Marriott Bonbon card.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Spend $500 or more, get $100 back Marriott International luxury brands

DETAILS

Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ USD on room rate/room charges at EDITIONŽ, The Ritz-CarltonŽ, The Luxury Collection, St. RegisŽ, WŽ Hotels & JW MarriottŽ from 9/5/2019 to 12/31/2019. See terms.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American ExpressŽ Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

Found on my Marriott Bonbon card.
Just now found it on my platinum. Wish it was for international too
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Just now found it on my platinum. Wish it was for international too
Agree. At least they added Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Normally these offers are exclusive for the US.

Now to find some of these brands that sell gift cards!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
From this wording, seems like a single transaction required, not cumulative spending:

Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott luxury brand hotel made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Get a $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $4,000+ in one or more eligible transactions. Must enroll by 11/21/2019 and spend by 12/5/2019. Limit of 3 statement credits. See terms for exclusions.
I got my first general spend offer from AmEx that I can remember. This is on ED Cash. The threshold is kind of high to get that extra 1%. It might make sense if I am combining with other offers or in bonus categories but otherwise, I find it unlikely I would shift that much spending in the next three months and definitely unlikely I would shift $12k in spending.

It is a bit too bad that the period is still before the December holiday season. I wish it was a bit more interesting as a goal for me to want to reach.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Agree. At least they added Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Normally these offers are exclusive for the US.

Now to find some of these brands that sell gift cards!
This is a tough offer to use gift card trick due to the very limited brands. Not a single brand is near me within reasonable driving. Unless in unforeseen circumstances I would be in an area that has a brand that actually carries its brand gift card, it would be an offer for actual stay only.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by linglingfool
OP here. Credit came through about 10 days after the transaction on the Progressive site, paid with PayPal.
To add another data point: I have a second policy through a Progressive subsidiary, ASI, which I was able to pay directly with my AMEX. Shows up on my statement as "ASIU AS PROGRAM ADMIN FOR PGR", and credit (balance of what was left of the $85) posted 4 days after the charge.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Has anyone used the offer for spend $800 on prepaid FHR and get 16,000 points? I made a prepaid reservation a few days ago and I didn’t get the email that says you’ve redeemed an offer. I also still see the offer as being available. The charge did go through and is well above the $800 requirement. Just wondering how long I should wait and whether there’s any recourse if it doesn’t post automatically. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
I have 100 off 175 on 2 of my cards ( x2) so total of 400 off 700 on AT&T .
Can someone help me if there is a way to buy an unlocked phone with AT&T ?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the 20% discount up to $85 statement credit on insurance, has everyone's experience been 7 to 10 days after transaction posted, even it is a direct payment, not thru 3rd party platform like PayPal?

Looking back the offer in Spring it was 2 days after transaction posted on a Geico auto insurance. Anybody has paid Geico on this go round?

We also have another "issue" - we will have a vacation suspension 3 days after the new insurance period starts (and paid in full already). Geico's practice has changed since Spring this year - they now downgrade the original coverage to the State Minimum Requirement and immediately refund the overpayment to the original form of payment. You now need to call to reinstate the original coverage upon returning home. Then they rebill you the remaining period on the original rate / original coverage.

This means I would receive almost full credit from the payment and the corresponding Statement Credit from this offer. When we return home by end of October when the offer still in effect, would the additional payment once again trigger the statement credit on the remaining allowed amount? i.e. $85 minus whatever NET statement credit given?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:31 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Happy
For the 20% discount up to $85 statement credit on insurance, has everyone's experience been 7 to 10 days after transaction posted, even it is a direct payment, not thru 3rd party platform like PayPal?
I had two charges the same day by the same company. One rebate posted in 2 days. The second posted in 5 days.
Happy likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:25 am

Cathay Pacific. Spend $1,500, get $300 back. Expires 11/24/2019.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Troopers
Cathay Pacific. Spend $1,500, get $300 back. Expires 11/24/2019.
Yeah got this offer on my Hilton Amex and not my PLT, BBP or Gold Card. Means little for the Hilton points .......

Safe Travels
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:06 pm

Interesting on Biz Plat and BBP - Spend $150 get $30 back for Snap, Inc
Old Sep 16, 2019, 1:21 pm

'tis the season. I'm getting $10 back when spending $50 at Spirit Halloween -- online and offline.

You can stack that with coupons on the site, at least early in the season (ex. -- TAKE20 is 20% off any single items through Wednesday).

Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.