Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Apple Pay: Spend $5 or more, get $2 back

I have this on two cards, problem is that I don't have an iPhone. We all have Android phones.
I do have an iPad.
Any tips on how to use this offer on line or with iPad. Thanks

If you have an iPad Air2 or iPad mini 3 or newer add the Amex card to the wallet. If Apple Pay shows up as a proper payment method in an app you are using you can pay with it.

i used the xfinity app on my iPad and made 5 payments for $5 each to use the offer. Easy.

Good luck
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Interesting. I don't know why, but I got an extra $12 rebate for the insurance 20% off today and I didn't make another payment. It also got me to the $85 cap so the offer moved off the active list. I double checked my current and previous month's activity and I didn't miss any other payments. *shrug* I'll take it.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re the $40/$200 Marriott Offer

Back in May when I bought a $200 gift card from a local Renaissance, I got the Congrat email and that was it.

I also only received a print out of folio with gift card activation and the Payment Received from AMEX. 2 lines only on the folio print out. That transaction was done by a manager.

Today we went to the same Renaissance to do the current offer - a front desk clerk went to look for the manager but at the end the manager did not come out, instead the clerk was given the go ahead to perform the task. She had to pause a few times trying to remember the steps, and at one point had to call the manager for an authorization code and some instructions during the first transaction.

Our BonVoy AMEX cards are present for the purchase. She swiped the CC first, then did a lot of entries in the system, then swiped the gift card, presumably to activate the gift card.

Not only there is no Congrat email, but we got emails for "Card Not Present" alerts. But the cards are present, except that the front desk clerk swiped them to create a guest folio. Though she also closed the folios after activating the gift cards.
We got a gift card activation folio, and a guest folio showing the gift card purchased, an authorization on the BonVoy card, and Payment received from AMEX. 3 sets of entries on the folio print out.

I wonder if the "Card Not Present" classification would void the offer? Ren is definitely the merchant though. I hope we dont need to chase the statement credits down the road, as the offer does exclude gift card purchase (from Marriott website presumably). When purchased directly from the hotel and billed by the hotel, it generally works, at least in May on the same offer at the same Ren.

This language is bothersome -

For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 29, 2019 at 3:55 pm
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Don't forget that many AmEx cards offer extended 90-day return benefit. Perhaps your card with the sync offer also has that benefit.
The card has that benefit, but the fine print defeats the purpose

Items must be in working order, and not be visibly used, defective or damaged.

The need to return the item would be either not working or found being defective outside the 30 days window from the merchant. AMEX would not cover it if it is not in good condition.

So this protection is only good when you change your mind after purchase but it has gone outside the merchant's return window but still within 90 days of the AMEX benefit.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
.... not working or found being defective ....
This would typically be a warranty claim, not a return.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The need to return the item would be either not working or found being defective outside the 30 days window from the merchant. AMEX would not cover it if it is not in good condition.

So this protection is only good when you change your mind after purchase but it has gone outside the merchant's return window but still within 90 days of the AMEX benefit.
This protection seems to be the answer for the concern you described in Post 2755 -- not being home within the 30-day return window.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Air France/KLM 20K MR for $1K spend is back. I have it on a platinum where I am AU.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by highops
Air France/KLM 20K MR for $1K spend is back. I have it on a platinum where I am AU.
Thanks I have it too on my platinum (USA). States flights must originate in the United States on mine.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I got the W-A/Conrad $70 off $350 offer recently. It says that the booking must be direct and not prepaid, etc. Does anyone know if this will stack/work with Amex FHR?
Never saw a response to this. I got another WA/Conrad $70 off $350 offer this week. With Amex FHR, you can choose to pay on site. I would assume that would trigger the credit, but curious if there are any data points confirming this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Biscoff27
Never saw a response to this. I got another WA/Conrad $70 off $350 offer this week. With Amex FHR, you can choose to pay on site. I would assume that would trigger the credit, but curious if there are any data points confirming this.
Yup, this works just fine! During the FHR booking process remember to select "pay later on the property" rather than "prepay and get 5x MR". Also, some offers specify that the spend requirement must occur as a single transaction, so remember to take into account that you're likely to see two charges to your account: the initial deposit, then later the balance due. As long as any one of those charges hits the spend requirement you're golden. (If your offer allows the spend requirement to be spread across multiple transactions, this isn't much of a concern.)
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is anyone able to get the insurance offer by paying through Google Pay or PayPal for Progressive?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 2:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
....Progressive?
You may wish to ask the poster in 2734 if there is a final outcome.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Is anyone able to get the insurance offer by paying through Google Pay or PayPal for Progressive?
Originally Posted by mia
You may wish to ask the poster in 2734 if there is a final outcome.
OP here. Credit came through about 10 days after the transaction on the Progressive site, paid with PayPal.
mia likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Refer to previous post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31471383-post2763.html

For future reference - I made a screen shot of the offer which showed the expiry date of Sept 3rd, just in case I need it to follow up.

Transactions showed up on Aug 31 as posted, dd Aug 30. Transactions showed up on Aug 31 as posted, dd Aug 30. Offer disappeared from Added Column. That is when I figure the statement credit would post automatically after all despite the odd processing by FD at Ren. Today the credit shows up dd Sept 1st.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I have "Spend $6000, get a 3000 MR bonus up to 3x". I have read on blogs that some folks are getting better offers but I'll take the points all the same, $6000 by November won't be a problem (maybe just once though, I won't churn to do it a second time).

I do wonder if it's charges that post after I click 'accept' or if it's based on statement dates between now and Nov 30, because last week I put $2k down for some home remodeling and I'd of course like that to count towards it. I won't count on it but if anyone has prior experience I'd welcome the insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.