Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:03 pm

This is insignificant but, I added this offer:

Details

Get 4 additional Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on full-fare, pay-per-ride purchases at participating MTA subway turnstiles & bus routes that accept contactless payment by 12/31/2019. Limit of 1,000 Membership Rewards points. See terms.
And going back through my last 3 statements, I havent been credited with extra points any time.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 4:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jamesinclair
....havent been credited with extra points any time.
What do the terms sya about when the points will be awarded? Some offers post after the end of the offer, when they tally up your total earnings.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Ms mia has:

PERSONAL CARDS
100 = Platinum (Membership Rewards)
100 = Everyday (Membership Rewards)
72 = Blue Delta (Skymiles)

BUSINESS CARDS
93 = Blue Business Plus (Membership Rewards)
55 = Marriott Business (Bonvoy points)
Presumably that's offers available to clip? Since if you had added them to one card, the odds of having that many available to clip on the other cards would be pretty slim.

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Thank you both. Buying $200 GC and splitting payment worked perfectly. Statement credit showed up in 2 days.
Yes, it was excellent timing having the deal show up last week! I subsequently got the offer on my son's AU card and bought another card, splitting payment between it and a BofA card that had the 10% ($6 max, unfortunately) offer.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Plus it's obvious that Amex isn't likely to put an offer for Best Western hotels on a Marriott or Hilton credit card, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if partners might not have to approve offers that deal with other companies (or have rules against that written into their contracts), and if so that might explain a lot about differences from one partner card to another.
Historically, co-branded travel cards have not received offers for other travel companies, even in a different segment. I noticed this all the time when the cruise offers were available. Similarly, when Costco was still with AMEX their card did not get a lot of the good retail offers, like Staples..

Last edited by mia; Oct 7, 2019 at 6:29 pm Reason: Consolidate consecutive replies
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Add a few that are expiring soon to a card with 100+, refresh, new offers should appear. Repeat until you get below 100 offers.

EDIT: Realized I'm answering the opposite question than what you asked. But I'll leave this here in case anyone is stuck at 100 and wants newer offers to appear.
Yeah. I tried that a month ago and no new offers seemed to appear as a result. I’m going to see which ones have which to see if there’s a pattern.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 7:10 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I have same and another offer for $25 credit if one purchases a $45 Sam's Club membership.
I have the $25 off $45 membership also, plus I recently received a ValPak coupon for $20 off a membership. A free year seems hard to turn down both say new membership only, though my previous membership was in a different state so I have high hopes.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I have the $25 off $45 membership also, plus I recently received a ValPak coupon for $20 off a membership. A free year seems hard to turn down both say new membership only, though my previous membership was in a different state so I have high hopes.
I'd be surprised if they work together but it could be worth a shot.

Last edited by MisterBill; Oct 7, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MisterBill
I'd be surprised if they work together but it could be worth a shot.
Sorry, I omitted the detail that the Valpak offer is a $20 rebate issued as a Sam's Club gift card. So AMEX should see the full $45 charge.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Sorry, I omitted the detail that the Valpak offer is a $20 rebate issued as a Sam's Club gift card. So AMEX should see the full $45 charge.
Ah.. that's different! I was going to say that AMEX likely needed to see the normal amount being charged to trigger the offer being credited.
Zorak likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:28 am

B4B+ showed up today:
Spend $15,000+, get 9,000 Membership RewardsŪ Points. Up to 3x (exp 12/31/19)

** Question ** am I to read this as simply from the day I add to the card, from that day until 12/31/19, each time I cross another $15k in spend (up to $45k total), I'll get 9k MR? Because thats how I'm reading it. On this B4B+, I'm at about 40k YTD spend, so close to maxing out 2x MR on it... and if so, this seems highly targeted to get me to keep spending...

Details:

Get 9,000 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Business Card to spend a minimum of $15,000+ in one or more eligible transactions. Must spend by 12/31/2019. Limit of 27,000 additional Membership Rewards points. See terms.

Terms:

ENROLLMENT/ELIGIBLE CARDS: Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American ExpressŪ Business Cards that are enrolled in the Membership RewardsŪ program at the time of purchase are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards). Offer is non-transferable. ELIGIBLE PURCHASES: Offer valid for payments made online, in-app or in-person at any merchant that accepts American Express. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase of at least $15,000 made with your enrolled Business Card by 12/31/19. Each time you make one or more eligible transactions totaling at least $15,000, you will receive 9,000 Membership Reward points. Limit of 27,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member. Offer is unique to this Business Card Account and is not valid for any other Cards you might hold. Offer is only intended for the targeted recipient of this offer. All spend in a foreign currency will be converted to USD based on the rate of exchange at the time your Business Card is charged. You must meet the offer spend requirement in USD after currency conversion to be eligible for the offer. Spend must be billed to your Business Card Account by 12/31/19 to be eligible for this offer. If the merchant does not charge your Card during this period you may not be eligible for this offer. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not provided until after 12/31/19, it may not count towards determining whether the purchase qualifies for the offer. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases you may not receive the additional Membership Rewards points if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party. EARNING POINTS: Limit of 27,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must be active, not be past due, canceled or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the additional Membership Rewards points. Any additional points you receive through this offer are in addition to the points you would normally receive for purchases charged to your Card, but the number of additional points you receive will be based on the purchase price after any credit or other discount is applied. When we calculate the additional points benefit for Amex EveryDayŪ Card products, points awarded under this offer will not be included. Additional points will be credited to your Membership Rewards program account within 90 days after 12/31/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. We may not credit additional points to, or we may take away additional points that have been credited to, your program account if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. Terms and conditions for the Membership Rewards program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice. The value of Membership Rewards points varies according to how you choose to use them. To learn more go to membershiprewards.com/pointsinfo. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. Bonus ID: B5P6 POID: K0B5:0002
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by levilevi
B4B+ showed up today:

(snip)
Interesting, both your Details section and your full terms spell out "one or more transactions", unlike posts 2805-2807 where there is an inconsistency (and I just give checked in case my T&C had been updated; they remain inconsistent)
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
B4B+ showed up today:
Not persuaded targeting is directly related to spending rate:

Ms mia's Blue Business Plus YTD spend is about $35,000 and she has this offer, which mean 2.6 per dollar on the spend to reach $50,000.

My Blue Business Plus spend is about $40,000 and I do not (yet) have this offer.
levilevi likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
B4B+ showed up today:
Got a similar one $8500+ for 8500 points and i will surely skip it.
There is no place on earth i would spend that money and make any benefit out of it.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Which cards? The offers are targeted. The combination of card type, rewards program and cardholder demographics doesn't always generate the maximum number of offers.

Ms mia has:

PERSONAL CARDS
100 = Platinum (Membership Rewards)
100 = Everyday (Membership Rewards)
72 = Blue Delta (Skymiles)

BUSINESS CARDS
93 = Blue Business Plus (Membership Rewards)
55 = Marriott Business (Bonvoy points)
Hmmm. I wonder why my MR cards are 81-92 rather than 100.
Here's my spread with a few more:

BUSINESS
35=Marriott Bonvoy Business
81=Blue for Business Plus

PERSONAL
65=Delta Gold
90=Gold AU
92=Plat
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by highops
Air France/KLM 20K MR for $1K spend is back. I have it on a platinum where I am AU.
Just upgraded a flight booked with the 2 cent Delta Vacation deal to business and activated this...that deal keeps getting better and better
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

I have a very naive question. If I add something to my card after the purchase has been made but before it has posted, will it count?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.