Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Inconclusive discussion at the end of 2018, (begins at post 2397) but perhaps @Stgermainparis will recall the outcome.

Last edited by mia; Oct 8, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have a very naive question. If I add something to my card after the purchase has been made but before it has posted, will it count?
I have successfully earned the rebate in a situation where I added the offer after the purchase was made and the item was “pending” on my card but the posting had not finalized. YMMV.
SanDiego1K, mia and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have a very naive question. If I add something to my card after the purchase has been made but before it has posted, will it count?
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
I have successfully earned the rebate in a situation where I added the offer after the purchase was made and the item was “pending” on my card but the posting had not finalized. YMMV.
I got the credit after purchase as well. Added offer a few hours after the purchase.
SanDiego1K and Stgermainparis like this.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:45 pm

How does this play out?

I have an offer added to the primary/main card. If AU or employee use their card, will this trigger the offer credit?
Old Oct 9, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by robchow
I have an offer added to the primary/main card. If AU or employee use their card, will this trigger the offer credit?
NO. You must use the exact card synced with the offer.
robchow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by robchow
How does this play out?

Originally Posted by MaxVO
NO. You must use the exact card synced with the offer.
But the AU can have their own login and hopefully the offer will also be available for them to add. Then they can use it on their card.
robchow likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by MisterBill
But the AU can have their own login and hopefully the offer will also be available for them to add. Then they can use it on their card.
No more double dipping. Only one offer will be honored if both are used.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Inconclusive discussion at the end of 2018, (begins at post 2397) but perhaps @Stgermainparis will recall the outcome.
Oof. I don’t remember. Will see if I can find out. Looks like some others were successful!
Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
No more double dipping. Only one offer will be honored if both are used.
If you have the same offer successfully added/synched on your card as well as on authorized user cards you should earn credit for every card that you use to make a purchase. For example, for the recent Staples 25 off 100 offer I received it on my card as well as 5 AU's, I used all 6 cards to make purchases and I've received six $25 credits.
Steve in Olympia and matt12j like this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Anybody else lost all their offers on the Amex website?

For the past week I haven't been able to access ANY offers for ANY cards on americanexpress.com. It started when I would click on an offer, and it wouldn't pull anything up. Instead, I'd get this message: "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later." For the past several days, there is nothing at all in the offers section except for this message. Interestingly, I'm still able to access everything via the app.

Anyone else encountered this?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
For the past week I haven't been able to access ANY offers for ANY cards on americanexpress.com. It started when I would click on an offer, and it wouldn't pull anything up. Instead, I'd get this message: "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later." For the past several days, there is nothing at all in the offers section except for this message. Interestingly, I'm still able to access everything via the app.

If you haven't tried already, I would clear cookies and cache on your browser (at least for Amex). When I get errors similar to the one you are seeing, clearing cookies does the trick. Are you also unable to see offers when logging in through the app?
MisterBill likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hotturnip

Yes, I had to call in and they transferred me to an Indian guy who said there was a glitch relating to my account but wouldn't explain it beyond that. He made a few keystrokes and the offers reappeared.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
So, we have the $25 off $100 at Staples on several of our cards. The only thing I can see in the T&C's for the offer about gift cards is "Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases." I'm assuming that buying one hotels.com gift card should be fine and will get the $25 back..is this correct? Thanks.l
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by fredc84
So, we have the $25 off $100 at Staples on several of our cards. The only thing I can see in the T&C's for the offer about gift cards is "Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases." I'm assuming that buying one hotels.com gift card should be fine and will get the $25 back..is this correct? Thanks.l
Buying GCs is fine -- no problem getting credit for buying $100 Amazon GC in-store:
10/9 STAPLES 01634 $100.00
10/11 STAPLES 1634 -$25.00

Staples sends L3 data -- you might want to be careful buying GCs if you're trying to hit min spend for a bonus on a new card
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Jatan
Buying GCs is fine -- no problem getting credit for buying $100 Amazon GC in-store:
10/9 STAPLES 01634 $100.00
10/11 STAPLES 1634 -$25.00

Staples sends L3 data -- you might want to be careful buying GCs if you're trying to hit min spend for a bonus on a new card
Thanks, that's what I thought, but a little affirmation never hurts I found an article on DoC's site specificlly addressing it as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.