Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
Does anyone else get an error "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later." when they try to view AMEX Offers? It happens on a semi-regular basis for me and it's very annoying. I tried turning off my ad blocker but that wasn't it.
happens all the time. Refresh, try again
Old Aug 24, 2019, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 808traveler
happens all the time. Refresh, try again
Or use the mobile app. Tends to be less buggy than the website for offers.
MisterBill and 808traveler like this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
So, I have 2 Amex offers for boxed.com and I ordered something this week that satisfies the terms of both offers. Will I get both or just one? The extra points paid off already but I also had a 10% back offer that has not.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by fredc84
So, I have 2 Amex offers for boxed.com and I ordered something this week that satisfies the terms of both offers. Will I get both or just one? The extra points paid off already but I also had a 10% back offer that has not.
You should get both, the rebate may take a couple of days after the final charge posts
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You should get both, the rebate may take a couple of days after the final charge posts
Cool, thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:55 am

If you check the redeemed tab it should show them both and will show up a day before you actually get the credit.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Or use the mobile app. Tends to be less buggy than the website for offers.
True. The problem with the app is that it's much easier to switch between accounts (for my wife and AU's) on the website.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by MisterBill
If you check the redeemed tab it should show them both and will show up a day before you actually get the credit.
Ah, you're right. The 10% back is there even though I don't see it in my credit card yet. The other bonus was 2 extra Amex points per $ and I got those already...but that isn't in that list, guess that list is just for cash back?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody used the "Spend $500, get $100 at select Europe Hilton hotels"?

I charged 500 EUR to my card with the offer a couple days ago and it has posted to my account in USD equiv but the offer is still sitting in the added tab. I know I should probably be patient, I'm just curious. And before anybody asks, yes I did check the participating hotels list, and yes the hotel I stayed at is on said list.
GTITAN likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I charged 500 EUR to my card with the offer a couple days ago and it has posted to my account in USD equiv but the offer is still sitting in the added tab.
In my experience, all my used offers remain in the "added" tab - so I wouldn't worry about that. But I usually also get an email right away "You've just used X offer...[some language saying you have to meet all the requirements of the offer]" as soon as the card gets charged, especially if the credit card hold (for incidentals) is higher than the Amex offer's minimum spend. But the credit takes a few days go through because your final bill at check-out will be "pending" for a few days before it finally posts.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Ah, you're right. The 10% back is there even though I don't see it in my credit card yet. The other bonus was 2 extra Amex points per $ and I got those already...but that isn't in that list, guess that list is just for cash back?
Yes, points post faster than rebates.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
In my experience, all my used offers remain in the "added" tab - so I wouldn't worry about that. But I usually also get an email right away "You've just used X offer...[some language saying you have to meet all the requirements of the offer]" as soon as the card gets charged, especially if the credit card hold (for incidentals) is higher than the Amex offer's minimum spend. But the credit takes a few days go through because your final bill at check-out will be "pending" for a few days before it finally posts.
I sometimes get the email, but not always. Just this past week I used a Marriott $40 rebate offer and a Chevron extra MR offer. The latter triggered an immediate email, the former didn’t and it took three or four days for the rebate to post. The Marriott offer did appear in the “used offers” tab soon after the transaction posted.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I sometimes get the email, but not always. Just this past week I used a Marriott $40 rebate offer and a Chevron extra MR offer. The latter triggered an immediate email, the former didn’t and it took three or four days for the rebate to post. The Marriott offer did appear in the “used offers” tab soon after the transaction posted.
I have the same data point with the Marriott offer (no "Great news!" email but $40 credited as promised). All other offers I received an email.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Insurance bill, get 20% back as statement credit up to $85. Valid til 11/5. Found on my BBP.

Very very nice.
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Which insurance companies is this offer valid with?
Geico works.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I'm frustrated that I all of a sudden the rebates have stopped automatically posting, multiple cards accounts, offers, even the bus plat dell offer. No emails. Any advice? I want to avoid calling and being told wait 8 weeks. Yes the offers were all successfully added and I used the right cards and followed terms. TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.