Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: Ink/Sapphire/Freedom/SPG
Anyone claimed 30% newegg/dell ?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Hyatt got in touch and just gave me a bill credit. ($60 off $300 odd split billing stopped automatic credit). They have the best social media team.

Once I was in Chicago for a conference and had tickets for a Tigers-White Sox game. It was raining so I was staying at the hotel. A Twitter follower at the game was complaining about the cold weather and the White Sox not making a decision about the game. I quipped that I could feel her pain since the conference room at the Hyatt is slightly too warm (no @).

Within about 2 minutes Hyatt asked how they could help and I had to explain I was joking. The White Sox never replied.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:57 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Troopers
Insurance bill, get 20% back as statement credit up to $85. Valid til 11/5. Found on my BBP.

Very very nice.
Thanks for posting this. I went in search and found it on one of our cards. The way it's written implies that it can be several charges with an accumulated total credit of $85. It doesn't say what insurance companies are valid, so I am hoping that any are. I'll be trialing it with Allstate.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Stack offers?

I have 2 very different offers on the same card:

1) Starbucks: Get 15% back on purchases, up to $5

) Apple Pay: Spend $5 or more, get $2 back

I
f I was to use Apple Pay at Starbucks, could I collect on both for the same purchase?

Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'll be trialing it with Allstate.
It worked for me with AAA Life. As long as it codes as Insurance -- and I can't imagine Allstate coding as anything else -- you should be fine. I just prepaid a few months instead of monthly to gobble up all of the credit, but, yes, it should work for several purchases like the Dell credit on Biz Plat (and other offers).
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by sdsearch
They are now taking longer and the amount of time it takes varies widely. So while you rarely have to wait 8 weeks, they can't more specifically tell you how long to wait, because it's not predictable.. But you do need to wait longer..
Both posted, 15 days!
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 2 very different offers on the same card:

1) Starbucks: Get 15% back on purchases, up to $5

) Apple Pay: Spend $5 or more, get $2 back

I
f I was to use Apple Pay at Starbucks, could I collect on both for the same purchase?

I would expect credit for both, yes. I've triple dipped on offers recently!
Old Aug 27, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I would expect credit for both, yes. I've triple dipped on offers recently!
Was the triple dip at Staples?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Was the triple dip at Staples?
Yes, it was
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
Ask the same question too.

Finally have some stuff I can buy from them but since I dont have 30 days from purchase (return policy) before leaving for a long trip I need to wait till Oct to do the offer.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Finally have some stuff I can buy from them but since I dont have 30 days from purchase (return policy) before leaving for a long trip I need to wait till Oct to do the offer.
Don't forget that many AmEx cards offer extended 90-day return benefit. Perhaps your card with the sync offer also has that benefit.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Apple Pay: Spend $5 or more, get $2 back

I have this on two cards, problem is that I don't have an iPhone. We all have Android phones.
I do have an iPad.
Any tips on how to use this offer on line or with iPad. Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by rocky_nnc
I had on 2 bus cards, used at Newegg for AA gift cards. No issues on both cards.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Saw an interesting set of offers of almost all of the major independent restaurants in Downtown Disney Anaheim CA pushed to AmEx Offers. It is quite unusual to see such a large set of offers from a specific tourist region, but not too surprising as I believe attendance numbers to the resort complex were down for so many reasons (removed annual pass access due to new Star Wars land, not much positive word of mouth on new area, very high ticket prices, etc.). Although, you need not go to the theme park to visit the Downtown area.

It is possible if you use the Near Me app feature while being in the area, you may be able to add the offers that way if they were not pre-loaded due to your cardholder address. This would be stackable with Rewards Network or AP discounts as applicable.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Don't forget that many AmEx cards offer extended 90-day return benefit. Perhaps your card with the sync offer also has that benefit.
Good Point. Will figure this out and the shipment est time if ordered before weekend. Though the saving is not really 30% because the same items are 15% cheaper on AMZN, and even BBY has cheaper prices though not as low as AMZN.
It is too bad the gift cards sold by Newegg is not very attractive unless you use hotels.com or need to buy airline tickets from DL or AA.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 29, 2019 at 11:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.