Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Has anybody used the "Spend $500, get $100 at select Europe Hilton hotels"?

I charged 500 EUR to my card with the offer a couple days ago and it has posted to my account in USD equiv but the offer is still sitting in the added tab. I know I should probably be patient, I'm just curious. And before anybody asks, yes I did check the participating hotels list, and yes the hotel I stayed at is on said list.
I did in July at the Hilton in downtown Helsinki and was credited sometime a week or so later. No issues.

Safe Travels
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
$60 of $300 at Grand Hyatt

Put two expensive breakfasts on it to trigger award.

"How was your stay?"

"Fine. Our housekeeping was a little late one day, but that happens."

"Oh. Let me credit a breakfast."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Oh, well I'll re-add the breakfast and give you 2000 points."

Charges went through as $280 and $30 so the award was not triggered.

Call to AMEX- they suggest I wait an eon for the offer to end, call us an eon after that, then they'll probably get back to me in another eon.

In the past they have eventually made these deals right. But, I won't remember to call and didn't like the lack of trust (I assume they don't have the IT to remove the deal and are afraid I'll trigger it twice.) I'm going to cancel the card.
margarita girl and radiowell like this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by highops
$60 of $300 at Grand Hyatt

Put two expensive breakfasts on it to trigger award.

"How was your stay?"

"Fine. Our housekeeping was a little late one day, but that happens."

"Oh. Let me credit a breakfast."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Oh, well I'll re-add the breakfast and give you 2000 points."

Charges went through as $280 and $30 so the award was not triggered.

Call to AMEX- they suggest I wait an eon for the offer to end, call us an eon after that, then they'll probably get back to me in another eon.

In the past they have eventually made these deals right. But, I won't remember to call and didn't like the lack of trust (I assume they don't have the IT to remove the deal and are afraid I'll trigger it twice.) I'm going to cancel the card.
Here's my story from the MGM offer.

I was careful to make it just over $500, even factoring in the fact that they charge the "deposit" separately. When I arrived, there were issues with the room, and the hotel not only upgraded me to a nicer room, but also told me that they will give me a credit for one night (Noooo!). Fortunately, I "solved" the problem by going to one of the MLife restaurants on the strip and made it over $500

Edit: Sorry for your troubles. This almost happened to me at Courtyard (they always say that the tax on the final bill may be adjusted, and they were right, was short $2 and bought a food item to trigger the offer!)

Last edited by radiowell; Aug 25, 2019 at 4:50 pm Reason: Didn't see the second part of the post...
Old Aug 25, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Progressive doesn't take AMEX -- any idea on how it might code if paid through PayPal? Trying to figure out how to use the 20% offer.

Edit: DoC data points say it worked last time, so I'm going to give it a go. Pending charge shows as Progressive with appropriate details, not as PP, so hopeful it will post properly.
To update, the offer showed up as used 4 days after the charge posting, but no statement credit yet.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by radiowell
Here's my story from the MGM offer.

I was careful to make it just over $500, even factoring in the fact that they charge the "deposit" separately. When I arrived, there were issues with the room, and the hotel not only upgraded me to a nicer room, but also told me that they will give me a credit for one night (Noooo!). Fortunately, I "solved" the problem by going to one of the MLife restaurants on the strip and made it over $500

Edit: Sorry for your troubles. This almost happened to me at Courtyard (they always say that the tax on the final bill may be adjusted, and they were right, was short $2 and bought a food item to trigger the offer!)
No worries- I think it is kind of funny myself. I do have $30 or $40 worth of points for a non complaint from Hyatt, too.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by linglingfool
To update, the offer showed up as used 4 days after the charge posting, but no statement credit yet.
I just checked my statement and it was 9 days from the time I paid my USAA bill until the credit posted.
linglingfool likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by highops

For $60 I would add a reminder to my todo list (Todoist) with all the relevant data, scheduled for when the offer ends, to make it easy for me to revisit this. It’s a matter of principle.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For the last month or so when I click "add to card" on any AMEX offer, on any of my cards, nothing happens. It shows the little grey button being depressed but then doesn't say "added to card" and the offers don't get added. I have four AMEX cards and can't add offers on any of them. Has this been discussed before and is there a fix?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jphripjah
For the last month or so when I click "add to card" on any AMEX offer, on any of my cards, nothing happens. It shows the little grey button being depressed but then doesn't say "added to card" and the offers don't get added. I have four AMEX cards and can't add offers on any of them. Has this been discussed before and is there a fix?
on all devices/platforms? (Windows/Mac laptop web, mobile browser, iOS app, Android app)

”click” sounds like laptop/desktops web browser. Perhaps try different browsers and/or anonymous mode?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Troopers
Geico works.

Thanks. Can you tell me which category your offer falls under?

Anyone have datapoints for Progressive?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

on all devices/platforms? (Windows/Mac laptop web, mobile browser, iOS app, Android app)

”click” sounds like laptop/desktops web browser. Perhaps try different browsers and/or anonymous mode?
Macbook. Tried different browsers. Maybe it's because I'm in Cambodia. I'll try with a VPN.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Thanks. Can you tell me which category your offer falls under?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I'm frustrated that I all of a sudden the rebates have stopped automatically posting, multiple cards accounts, offers, even the bus plat dell offer. No emails. Any advice? I want to avoid calling and being told wait 8 weeks. Yes the offers were all successfully added and I used the right cards and followed terms. TIA
They are now taking longer and the amount of time it takes varies widely. So while you rarely have to wait 8 weeks, they can't more specifically tell you how long to wait, because it's not predictable.. But you do need to wait longer..
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:48 am

the way to redeem AMEX Offers for hotels is to always put the target spend amount down as a "deposit" onto the folio at check-in - ask for a folio printout when check-in complete showing the credit balance
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Does anyone else get an error "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later." .....
Logging in using an Incognito or Private browser window always fixes this for me.

Originally Posted by Troopers
Insurance bill, get 20% back as statement credit up to $85. Valid til 11/5.
Skymiles variant: Get 4 additional DeltaŽ miles per dollar spent in one or more eligible transactions by using your enrolled Card to make a payment on your insurance bill by 11/30/2019. Limit of 1500 miles. See terms for exclusions.
MisterBill likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.