Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jatan
Samsclub.com
Spend $30 or more, get $15 back
EXPIRES 01/31/2020

There's a targeted 4x bonus MR Sams Club offer ending 12/31 so if you order quickly then you can combine it with that -- I ordered a Sams gift card to use at Sams or Walmart
Years ago there were a lot of issues activated a Sam's club gift card. They sent the gift cards then you had to wait for the activation emails to arrive. However the activation emails did not work. The customer service number was for WalMart gift cards which would not recognize the Sam's gift card numbers... It was endless headache. The problems were so bad that I swore never touch a Sam's club offer again.

How is your experience in the latest gift card order?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Years ago there were a lot of issues activated a Sam's club gift card. They sent the gift cards then you had to wait for the activation emails to arrive. However the activation emails did not work. The customer service number was for WalMart gift cards which would not recognize the Sam's gift card numbers... It was endless headache. The problems were so bad that I swore never touch a Sam's club offer again.

How is your experience in the latest gift card order?
Had an activation issue 2-3 yrs ago where they never marked the orders "shipped" so it wasn't possible to activate and the charge also got delayed. I ordered early so I just waited it out -- my charge eventually hit couple weeks later within the promo period so no problem getting the credit and it eventually activated.

Don't remember having any problem last year -- not too worried about it this time and main reason why I'm ordering it early since there's a month left to account for any delays (not expecting any delay this time)
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I have $30 off $15 at Samsclub.com but I no longer have a membership (or interest in one, nearest warehouse is > 100mi away).

Has anyone purchased gift cards from the website (even with a 10% surcharge) and been credited on prior versions of this offer?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Gig103
I have $30 off $15 at Samsclub.com but I no longer have a membership (or interest in one, nearest warehouse is > 100mi away).

Has anyone purchased gift cards from the website (even with a 10% surcharge) and been credited on prior versions of this offer?
FYI egift/digital cards can't be bought as a guest, even with the 10% premium.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:28 pm

unless you’re a Californian
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103

Other people have reported that physical Sams GCs are sent with the surcharge amount on the card so if you order $30 in Sams GCs for $33 then they'll send you $33 worth and you can use it at Walmart -- if you're ordering 3rd party GCs then you'll have to pay the surcharge

I ordered a $40 Sams GC on 12/27 (have membership) and my Amex offer shows "redeemed" so I should get the $15 credit tomorrow
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Other people have reported that physical Sams GCs are sent with the surcharge amount on the card so if you order $30 in Sams GCs for $33 then they'll send you $33 worth and you can use it at Walmart -- if you're ordering 3rd party GCs then you'll have to pay the surcharge

I ordered a $40 Sams GC on 12/27 (have membership) and my Amex offer shows "redeemed" so I should get the $15 credit tomorrow
Even if I don't get the 10% preloaded when it arrives, I will take $12 in free cash to Walmart, so I just checked out as a guest. Fingers crossed I guess
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by Colin
unless you’re a Californian
And if, let's say by chance, I am in California next week: what about the non-California billing info?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 9:46 pm

Confucian silence
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
Confucian silence
No success...
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please update us on the activation process when you eventually receive the GC. Ordering was the easy part, activating it was a nightmare in previous promotions. So your update would be highly appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Please update us on the activation process when you eventually receive the GC. Ordering was the easy part, activating it was a nightmare in previous promotions. So your update would be highly appreciated.
GC shipped by UPS -- should be here tomorrow

12/27 Ordered $40 Sams GC
12/31 Got $15 credit

In the past they would send 2 emails -- one shipment and one activation

This time I only got one shipment email -- nothing for activation so hopefully it comes activated
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GC shipped by UPS -- should be here tomorrow

12/27 Ordered $40 Sams GC
12/31 Got $15 credit

In the past they would send 2 emails -- one shipment and one activation

This time I only got one shipment email -- nothing for activation so hopefully it comes activated
Good luck to have a smooth process.

The problem in the past is, the CS phone number given at the back of the card is for WalMart GC, not Sam's. You could not even get thru the robot to get a human being due to the card number is not recognized.

We do shop at WalMart Neighborhood stores but often in small amount per transaction. It would be nice to be able to buy a WalMart GC with a CC such as the AMEX Gold and therefore eliminates those little transactions by a lump sum spend. Alas, WalMart would not take CC for any GC they sold, at least not in our town. On the other hand Sam's clubs here seems to be a YMMV case versus being hardcoded in the POS at WalMart. Therefore I am seriously considering the $25 statement credit on new membership offer before the current $15/$30 coming up.

Thanks again for keeping the community updated.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues HERE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.