Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just checked every single AMEX card on both my husband's and my accounts. Nada. I hope it pops up by tomorrow.

All I found that was new was 15% off on a $5 purchase at Starbucks. Yippee??
Ours is identical situation. Checked 3 days in a row and nothing.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I just checked every single AMEX card on both my husband's and my accounts. Nada. I hope it pops up by tomorrow.

Not that it's much better but I think that offer is 15% off on purchases at Starbucks, with the total dollar value of statement credits capped at $5. So you would get 15% off on up to $35 (roughly) in purchases at Starbucks. I suspect there are quite a few regular customers who will use that offer to top up their SBUX card.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas

It is free money. You don't have to take it!
Old Nov 2, 2019, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It is free money. You don't have to take it!
It is not really free money - you have to pay $35 first before getting the free $5. That is quite different than the $10 on $10 dining spend on small businesses.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Happy
It is not really free money - you have to pay $35 first before getting the free $5. That is quite different than the $10 on $10 dining spend on small businesses.
It's free money in that if you already buy at starbucks (or whatever merchant makes an offer) then you are getting the deal for free. Almost all (90%+) of the deals I receive credit back on were purchases I was going to make anyway. So, free money.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 8:22 am

Anyone have a data point on how long offers take to start showing up on a new card? New card opened in early September, but still nothing showing. This is the first business card on this account, and it already has several personal cards.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Newgene
Anyone have a data point on how long offers take to start showing up on a new card? New card opened in early September, but still nothing showing. This is the first business card on this account, and it already has several personal cards.
Immediately? I had offers before I even got my physical Green card...is this the first AMEX online account?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....opened in early September, but still nothing showing. .....
Try logging in using an Incognito or Private browser window. Do you see Offers on other cards?
Old Nov 3, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by lax01
Immediately? I had offers before I even got my physical Green card...is this the first AMEX online account?
No. It's about 5 years old, but the first bus card on it. Not sure if that would matter.

Originally Posted by mia
Try logging in using an Incognito or Private browser window. Do you see Offers on other cards?
I tried that, too. I see the offers on the other cards, but just not the new bus card. It's a blue bus cash.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. It's about 5 years old, but the first bus card on it. Not sure if that would matter.

I tried that, too. I see the offers on the other cards, but just not the new bus card. It's a blue bus cash.
The Business Plus card took a very long time to see only 3 to 5 offers when it was first introduced and many people had that experiences. Even up till a few months ago it still saw less offers than other cards. Then all of a sudden it is filled with all sorts of JUNKS to 100. Once the total hit 100, the card can no longer see any more new offers. In the past adding offers so to remove the number Available, helped to create space for new offers. However I notice lately the JUNKS show up at the speed so fast as that the emptying act would only free up space for 2 or may be 3 days, then the list grew back to 100 again... Among our cards this scenario happens to Gold, Everyday, and Business Plus. HHonors and SPG seem not being affected, so far.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... It's a blue bus cash.
Ah, it is a new product. It will take some time for advertisers to include it in their Offers campaigns. As Happy explained, the same happened when Blue Business Plus was introduced. (I am not aware of any way to classify the quality of Offers, one person's junk is another person's savings on something they were already intending to purchase.)
Old Nov 3, 2019, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
The Business Plus card took a very long time to see only 3 to 5 offers when it was first introduced and many people had that experiences. Even up till a few months ago it still saw less offers than other cards. Then all of a sudden it is filled with all sorts of JUNKS to 100. Once the total hit 100, the card can no longer see any more new offers. In the past adding offers so to remove the number Available, helped to create space for new offers. However I notice lately the JUNKS show up at the speed so fast as that the emptying act would only free up space for 2 or may be 3 days, then the list grew back to 100 again... Among our cards this scenario happens to Gold, Everyday, and Business Plus. HHonors and SPG seem not being affected, so far.
That makes sense. It also reminds me. I need to go into one of my sockdrawered cards and load all the offers to it. It helps clear out the others that I actually use. BRB

...done. All kinds of crap is now loaded to my cards. I'll see what happens next.

Last edited by Newgene; Nov 3, 2019 at 2:21 pm
Old Nov 3, 2019, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cfischer
no change. Add to primary and AU card has always been possible and is o.k. to do. One per carholder ...
Is it once per cardholder or once per SSN? I think my confusion stems from the fact that on one card, I am my own AU (I wanted a non-metal Plat card)
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:37 am

The $100 rebate for $500 Verizon purchases for folks who bought Verizon gift cards has now posted. (Nervous nellies can now exhale.)
Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by U2936JAN
I was targeted for 10K MR points instead of $100 rebate. Just did a device payoff for my iPhone 11 I got last month. Had been slated to do 24 monthly payments. Will update if I get the 10k points.
--my bad, I didn't realize this thread was for Sync--
10/4 update - paying off my device successfully triggered the Amex Offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.