Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fsufan6000
Do I have any recourse? It seems to me that I didn't get the full value of a $300 a night room. What should I expect, if anything, for compensation?
I don't think it's unreasonable to ask to not be charged for the night you couldn't use the room, as well as the moving to a quieter room.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
When I last stayed there the girl at check in specifically mention to me that if I took the strip view room I'm likely to be disturbed by the nightclub, but I took it anyway and didn't hear a thing luckily.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by bizum
is that the counter that's on the far inside of the lobby (furthest away from the entrance)? Or is that elsewhere?
To be honest, I can't remember right now, but there should be a sign.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:14 am

I stayed in Bellagio with FHR months ago. I have a leftover $30 breakfast coupon and think to use this few days later. However, I am not staying in Bellagio this time. Does anyone know or has experience if this $30 coupon could be used on a later date without staying in the property? Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Trip report for Wynn Encore:

I just stayed at the Encore in a Parlor Suite after a complimentary upgrade from the Encore Tower Suite I booked through FHR.

Booking was a bit of a challenge - I first booked the Resort Suite then called to change it and they couldn't do it so I cancelled the originally booked suite and called back to book the Tower Suite. Per the suggestion here I asked them to call Wynn and between the two they got it worked out.

I reserved 3 rooms, 2 of them were upgraded to Parlor Suites. The 3rd was still in the Tower Suite and had to pay for an upgrade but it was to the (awesome) Salon Suite. The charge was $245/nt for their upgrade. The Parlors were ready at noon to check in, the Salon was ready at 2p.

Our breakfast credits, spa credit and 4p late checkout were honored for all rooms and we requested a 6p late checkout (redeye flight) and were told it was $550 to extend for 2 hours.

We loved this hotel would not have changed anything for our stay.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA Life Gold, Hyatt Dmd, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Delano with FHR - deceptive

I just stayed at Delano now that they are back under FHR. Offer included breakfast for two ($60 credit) and $100 Resort Credit. We ate breakfast at the cafe and my wife enjoyed a spa treatment. I was surprised at checkout that they wouldn't cover the spa treatment...the fine print under the '*' for the Resort Credit listed the named dining venues allowed and they claimed those were the only charges covered under 'Resort credit". I argued it was a 'Resort Credit' and not a 'Food and Beverage Credit' but they would only cover the resort fee as a consideration. I would have sworn they told me spa charges would be fine at check-in. In any case, beware of the fine print and deceptive description.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by mattchench
I stayed in Bellagio with FHR months ago. I have a leftover $30 breakfast coupon and think to use this few days later. However, I am not staying in Bellagio this time. Does anyone know or has experience if this $30 coupon could be used on a later date without staying in the property? Thanks.
Yes not a problem, I did this but it does have an expiry date.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, M-Life Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Booked the Bellagio for 1 night in a couple of weeks. Have Hyatt Platinum though I'm not sure that'll make a difference. Will report back. I was looking for SLS FHR deal, but doesn't seem to be available for 2016. Curious for those who've stayed at Bellagio: I booked the King resort room but really want a GOOD fountain view room. I've read conflicting opinions about whether the views from the Spa Tower are sufficient. Any thoughts on if I should keep resort room or book the 'fountain view' in order to upgrade to 'deluxe fountain view'..?

Also, re: food: We'll be there on a Sunday night so will miss the 'gourmet buffet.' Any suggestions on best value use of the credit for food and bev at Bellagio? This is my first time in Vegas so I think a buffet is necessary but not sure if I should spend credit at Bellagio on buffet or stretch the credit farther and pay for Bacchanal buffet.

In other news, I did book 3 nights at SLS and am hoping that SPG Gold will get me good enough treatment (reviews of SLS are all over the place). Not exactly FHR, but wanted to note for anyone interested: Amex Plat has SLS offer stay 3 nights get $100 property credit BUT the rates make it a savings of only $16 (only worth it if you're SET on eating there. I thought about it for Bazaar Meats but would rather gamble and hope for comps haha). When searching rates on SPG you have to click Promotions & Packages to get the intro rate which is deeply discounted and offers 3x SPG points.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyer545
Booked the Bellagio for 1 night in a couple of weeks. Have Hyatt Platinum though I'm not sure that'll make a difference. Will report back. I was looking for SLS FHR deal, but doesn't seem to be available for 2016. Curious for those who've stayed at Bellagio: I booked the King resort room but really want a GOOD fountain view room. I've read conflicting opinions about whether the views from the Spa Tower are sufficient. Any thoughts on if I should keep resort room or book the 'fountain view' in order to upgrade to 'deluxe fountain view'..?

Also, re: food: We'll be there on a Sunday night so will miss the 'gourmet buffet.' Any suggestions on best value use of the credit for food and bev at Bellagio? This is my first time in Vegas so I think a buffet is necessary but not sure if I should spend credit at Bellagio on buffet or stretch the credit farther and pay for Bacchanal buffet.
If a fountain view is important to you, book a fountain view. Spa Tower just isn't the same. The last time I ate at the Bellagio buffet, I was underwhelmed. You could use your breakfast credit there (I think) and get a feel for it.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
If a fountain view is important to you, book a fountain view. Spa Tower just isn't the same. The last time I ate at the Bellagio buffet, I was underwhelmed. You could use your breakfast credit there (I think) and get a feel for it.
The rule of thumb for FHR is to always book a room you'd be happy with and hope for a better one. If you really want the Fountain View (and you should!), book it.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by eluis
I just stayed at Delano now that they are back under FHR. Offer included breakfast for two ($60 credit) and $100 Resort Credit. We ate breakfast at the cafe and my wife enjoyed a spa treatment. I was surprised at checkout that they wouldn't cover the spa treatment...the fine print under the '*' for the Resort Credit listed the named dining venues allowed and they claimed those were the only charges covered under 'Resort credit". I argued it was a 'Resort Credit' and not a 'Food and Beverage Credit' but they would only cover the resort fee as a consideration. I would have sworn they told me spa charges would be fine at check-in. In any case, beware of the fine print and deceptive description.
I'm checking in to the Delano later today. When I booked, Amex said the benefit was a $100 Food and Beverage credit or a massage for 2. Possibly the FHR benefit is for a specific service rather than a $ amount.

The part I'll need to clarify is the agent said the F&B credit was for Mandalay owned restaurants only. Which ones qualify?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyer545
I booked the King resort room but really want a GOOD fountain view room. I've read conflicting opinions about whether the views from the Spa Tower are sufficient. Any thoughts on if I should keep resort room or book the 'fountain view' in order to upgrade to 'deluxe fountain view'..?
While I agree with the principle of booking what you'll be happy wth, I've never not received a good fountain view upgrade from a basic room.

Only advantage of Spa tower is the rooms are larger.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 7:26 am
Used to be hamajicky

[deleted]

Last edited by Chalky White; Jan 7, 2016 at 8:41 am
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, M-Life Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Thank you clubman, CRAZ8, and Yahtzee for your feedback. Since the difference was $10 I went ahead and booked the fountain view. From there, the next level up - "deluxe fountain view" - is a $20 jump, so maybe I'll get a little more value from the upgrade.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:34 am

Stayed in Aria Sky Suites last weekend for 3 nights.

Booked a 1 bdrm sky suite; upgraded to to a city view sky suite. Received everything else as advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.