Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Also a Targeted Platinum Delta Amex Card Offer

Originally Posted by fr33b13
I am posting this because it is larger than the 30,000 miles bonus they are currently running on the main website.
  • $100 Statement credit after making a Delta purchase within first 3 months of membership
  • 25,000 miles after first purchase
  • 45,000 bonus miles after $5,000 spend in first 6 months
  • $95 fee waived for the first year
I got this offer by mail, which appears targeted based on my existing elite status with Delta. The application form already has my Skymiles ff number. The offer expires Oct 21, 2012.
  • $100 statement credit on a Delta purchase within the first 6 months.
  • 25,000 miles, 5,000 of which are MQM's, on the first purchase
  • 15,000 more miles, 10,000 of which are MQM's, on $1,000 spend within the first 6 months.
  • $150 annual fee IS NOT waived for the first year.

This offer has been around; wife got all of this about six months ago.

Last edited by Bowgie; Sep 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm Reason: Amex Card is a Plantinum Card
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by sanrivera
Thanks for the tip, fr33b12!!

Approved! (I also confirmed that the signup offer passed over correctly.)

What an awesome signup!! One of the best I've seen.

To help everyone else, here is the link:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ber=1234567890

Just change first name, last name and enter your skymiles account number! (Thanks to kalametty for the tip! It worked great!) I als recommend using Firefox as I was having issues with Internet Explorer.

My first post, btw. Thanks for the great info!
Thank you for your first post! I very much enjoyed reading it.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I got this offer by mail, which appears targeted based on my existing elite status with Delta. The application form already has my Skymiles ff number. The offer expires Oct 21, 2012.
  • $100 statement credit on a Delta purchase within the first 6 months.
  • 25,000 miles, 5,000 of which are MQM's, on the first purchase
  • 15,000 more miles, 10,000 of which are MQM's, on $1,000 spend within the first 6 months.
  • $150 annual fee IS NOT waived for the first year.

This offer has been around; wife got all of this about six months ago.
interesting MQMs and $150 annual fee? are you sure this wasn't for the platinum card?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Eager for this offer but closed my last Delta Gold Amex in Feb12. Only have 7 of 12 months necessary for the requisite gap in apps.

I'd very much appreciate hearing from anyone successful in applying and confirming the offer with a prior Delta Gold Amex < 12 mths from close.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:00 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Eager for this offer but closed my last Delta Gold Amex in Feb12. Only have 7 of 12 months necessary for the requisite gap in apps.

I'd very much appreciate hearing from anyone successful in applying and confirming the offer with a prior Delta Gold Amex < 12 mths from close.
No, it comes back "cancelled". I wondered if they did a credit pull or just looked and saw that I had one in the last year and didn't bother... I guess if they didn't do a credit pull there's no real harm done.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by saranyc
No, it comes back "cancelled". I wondered if they did a credit pull or just looked and saw that I had one in the last year and didn't bother... I guess if they didn't do a credit pull there's no real harm done.
Thanks. I guess next time I'll be more diligent about canceling around the 6mth mark and not the 12 mth. This time it cost me.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:50 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
Thanks. I guess next time I'll be more diligent about canceling around the 6mth mark and not the 12 mth. This time it cost me.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to handle this with the SPG card. I guess it makes sense to cancel it after getting the bonus after waiting a little bit after getting the sign-up bonus even though most people general consider it to be the best card. It's not like it gives you a dividend every year like the Sapphire card. Has anyone actually gotten a second sign up bonus on the delta or spg amex after having been canceled for a year?

Hahaha I can't believe how quickly I'm becoming one of you churners!!!
Old Sep 16, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by blackmamba
Why did you get the Delta Gold when you just cancelled a Delta Reserve card earlier in the year? The TC says you need 12 months in between accounts to even get the bonus...
Here are the T&Cs - I interpret this as having to wait 90 days.

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. Cardmember must charge a Delta purchase to their Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within the first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Delta purchase made with the Card. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. Credit issued as a Cardmember statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. To receive statement credit, account must be in good standing and not in default.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drminn
Here are the T&Cs - I interpret this as having to wait 90 days.

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. Cardmember must charge a Delta purchase to their Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card within the first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Delta purchase made with the Card. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. Credit issued as a Cardmember statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. To receive statement credit, account must be in good standing and not in default.
Isn't this a different TC for a different offer? If it's the offer we're talking about, it would not have a $50 statement credit. It would have a $100 statement credit.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by brownie20
interesting MQMs and $150 annual fee? are you sure this wasn't for the platinum card?
Yes, it is for the Plantinum card.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:01 pm

Submitted an application on line, got a message "pending decision" but didn't receive a confirmation email. Should I give them a call, is there a phone # ?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Delta PM
--Data Point:
Last Delta Gold opened Sept '11, cancelled December '11.
Approved for this offer.

I interpreted the T&C as, as long as you don't have an OPENED "similar product," and got the bonus, you are eligible.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:23 pm

Question about ANY Delta AMEX Card

Hi. First of all, thanks for the information on the way to get the 70k miles with the Delta Gold Card. I first found out about this last night through a credit card blog I go to and it linked me to Flyertalk. I applied for the card and received the confirmation email.

My question is, how long does it take generally to see ALL the miles listed? I want to spend the $5,000 ASAP (my way of spending it is buying gift cards to places I go to regularly like Target, Walmart, and Costco). They are giving you 6 months to spend the $5,000 but if I spend it all in 1 month, will I see the miles posted within a few weeks, or do I probably have to wait much longer? I'm a teacher and hoping to go to Paris during my spring break which is in March.

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to FT. Your bonus miles will post pretty quickly. My recollection is that some post even before your statement date. The rest will post immediately on your statement date.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by JustineG
Hi. First of all, thanks for the information on the way to get the 70k miles with the Delta Gold Card. I first found out about this last night through a credit card blog I go to and it linked me to Flyertalk. I applied for the card and received the confirmation email.

My question is, how long does it take generally to see ALL the miles listed? I want to spend the $5,000 ASAP (my way of spending it is buying gift cards to places I go to regularly like Target, Walmart, and Costco). They are giving you 6 months to spend the $5,000 but if I spend it all in 1 month, will I see the miles posted within a few weeks, or do I probably have to wait much longer? I'm a teacher and hoping to go to Paris during my spring break which is in March.

Thanks
If you have spent the $5,000, the miles usually post a day or two after the monthly statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.