Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by timljh
It is a little strange that everyone gets approved either by instant approved or a 14 days reveiw following an email confirmation of approval 10mins after the application......

Does someone who get dennied on this card?
There were some reports of people not getting instant approval and some are still pending or have been rejected. However, I don't find it as strange that there are a lot of instant approvals for this because it's part of the check out process on delta to buy a ticket. If Amex was rejecting too many people, it would get them pissed at Delta for making them jump through hoops in buying the ticket and then rejecting them.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:41 pm

Fishy to me, too. Ah, well. Given that this like the Hyatt no-first-year-fee card is meant to be out of the reach of non-bookers, it's not exactly public enough to warrant yanking just because a small ragtag buncha in-the-knowers figured out a technical glitch. Imma followup with at least one person in my very situation who pulled the trigger on this.

My own read is that current delta plat's like myself may not get the first-purchase bonus but are still on for the 'spend' part of the bonus. Any confirms?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:52 pm

I signed up for the Delta gold business amex in December of last year and cancelled it in May, I know business and personal are usually separate but just wanted to check what others here thought, is this a green for me?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by pdxp2b
I signed up for the Delta gold business amex in December of last year and cancelled it in May, I know business and personal are usually separate but just wanted to check what others here thought, is this a green for me?
Someone plz correct me if I am wrong, but I think so...
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:13 pm

Just applied and got the 14 days thing. Crossing my fingers.

And in the time I went to post this, got an approved email.

Like us all, I hope this is for real.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:34 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
I had canceled my delta gold Amex 10 months ago and got a spg amex 1 month ago and when I applied for this account it was "cancelled". So here's at least one person that got ding!!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
I am wondering about the statement credit. Can a small inflight purchase really activate the $100 credit? The T&C indicate a delta.com purchase. Sorry, but, I don't have any experience with Delta. Thanks in advance.
I got the Plat card last year and did this to get my $100 statement credit. As long as the purchase says "DELTA AIR LINES" it's good. And it shows that whether it's in-flight or online.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
I got the Plat card last year and did this to get my $100 statement credit. As long as the purchase says "DELTA AIR LINES" it's good. And it shows that whether it's in-flight or online.
Thanks so much for the information. So, a small purchase triggers the full $100 credit?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by grad10
I did the same a month back.
Have applied for this offer and got approved.
However, getting approval for the card is one thing and getting the bonus is another
I am taking screen shots and will confirm the bonus while activating the card.
If they do not provide the bonus, probably wont activate it at all.

So YMMV. Just providing info. Take your own decision
Your card is opened regardless whether or not you activate..
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i don't think its fishy at all with all the approvals. The Gold Delta Amex is not a top tier card so it doesn't require top tier credit.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
Thanks so much for the information. So, a small purchase triggers the full $100 credit?
Originally Posted by amolkold
The Delta purchase that activates the credit can be of any amount, including a $2 in-flight snack.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by ianturner
i don't think its fishy at all with all the approvals. The Gold Delta Amex is not a top tier card so it doesn't require top tier credit.
I don't know. I usually have to call in and provide extra documentation because the address verification fails with my address. I didn't get that with this card, so I'm a little worried. I'm hoping it's just because I've already gone through that process with amex.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
When I click on "First Name" the box that pops up says "Middle Initial" and allows me to enter only one letter. For "Last Name" I get "Name on the card". Anyone else have this problem?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
When I click on "First Name" the box that pops up says "Middle Initial" and allows me to enter only one letter. For "Last Name" I get "Name on the card". Anyone else have this problem?
Tripped me up as well. Make sure you've changed your first/last name in the address bar along with your ff#, then hit return. Once the page is loaded enter your middle initial and then whatever you want the name to be on the card. Once you click to go through to the next page to confirm you can check to see that it's all been done correctly.

I got pending 14 days, approval e-mail after 4 or 5 hours. For a datapoint, I applied for the business gold last dec and cancelled in May, so looks like you're still good to go if you've only had the business version and also possibly applied and cancelled in the last 12 months. Only had one other app with Amex in that time, in Feb.

Last edited by pdxp2b; Sep 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm Reason: update
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Happy
12 months not 90 days.

The new AMEX policy is, you cannot have same/similar AMEX card in prior 12 months in order to be eligible for a same/similar type of AMEX card. The wordings are on all AMEX card applications.
I got my last card 2/2011, but didn't cancel it till 3/2012. So do I have to wait 12 months from the time I cancelled the card before I can get another sign-up bonus???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.