Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:40 am

this is so weird! i had applied using one of the links posted and didnt bother starting from delta's website. application was approved yesterday. just for kicks and giggles now i searched for an international flight on delta and clicked the button to apply for a credit card on the bottom of the page. originally it seem to offer 30K miles and + $50 statement credit but as soon as i clicked next it popped up with an application that offered 70K miles + $100 statement credit on a delta purchase. isnt that odd? maybe amex is extending the offer to more customers? hopefully there will be no issues when the card arrives but this is definitely reassuring
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:12 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
hello sadida

I tried logged in and not logged in but I am not able to populate it tells me server is busy

I used chrome on windows 8 and I do not have a option to view frame source it shows me view page source and when I try that I do not see offer type so I can't change it and also I don't know where to insert all the things you said to put in URL can you help me please
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by gotofly
I tried logged in and not logged in but I am not able to populate it tells me server is busy

I used chrome on windows 8 and I do not have a option to view frame source it shows me view page source and when I try that I do not see offer type so I can't change it and also I don't know where to insert all the things you said to put in URL can you help me please
The "Server is busy..." message is just their generic error message. It means you're doing something wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Query_string#Web_forms

Read that a bunch of times until you can understand it enough to complete the steps, and it should work for you.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:07 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold
hello

I read the documents but my problem is I am not getting the same wordings as you have mentioned
Do I need to be logged in delta
Do I need to purchase a ticket
Do I need to full up the form even if first and last name fields are not writable
The code u7-1000-xx does not show it is some different code so I am confused
Do I use explorer or chrome or Firefox and windows 8 or 7 or xp
Please clear all this little details and I will really appreciate it had spend half the night trying to get this without any success and is quite frustrating
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Grrr, would love to jump in on this (got a redemption in mind already) but I've had a personal Platinum DL Amex for years, which seems to make me ineligible for the bonus based on the recent T&Cs wordings about holding a card "of the same type" in the past 12 months...
Old Sep 16, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by cdrwf150
Weird. Mine doesn't say that and I got in pretty early on this and was approved as far as the emails and the site tell me.
Wife's SM page doesn't show that yet either despite the same approval info via email and the app status site. Unless I fat-fingered the copy & paste of her SM number. Although I recall that when I got my Plat Amex last year, it didn't update my status until after I had the card in gand... maybe the run updates in periodic batches based on name, number, or something?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Instant approval. Now I need help hitting the minimum spend. Anyone have tips and tricks?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by pianistat
Do you think a purchase from the Delta SkyStore would do the job for the $100 statement credit?
deltaskystore.com
Not sure, I have never had an offer like this. I was hoping that buying the minimum miles (1,000) from Delta.com would trigger it for me. Anyone know differently?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:09 am

Yesterday, I went on americanexpress.com, viewed my special offers and was pre-selected for a 72.5k Gold Delta card. I had already applied and was approved for the 70k one, but for those still wondering if there is a way to get it without jumping through hoops, check your special offers.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by blackmamba
Instant approval. Now I need help hitting the minimum spend. Anyone have tips and tricks?
McAfee and other virus/security software (Fry's Electronics) almost always have 100% (minus tax) rebates. Also, several times I have purchased hefty Safeway gift cards using the credit card. It's kicking the can down the road but, some months, you know, it can be challenging trying to rack up the minimum. Once, I paid my internet service a full year up front and of course, I make sure my auto payments go through the card that I need to meet hefty min spend.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by lusity
Yesterday, I went on americanexpress.com, viewed my special offers and was pre-selected for a 72.5k Gold Delta card. I had already applied and was approved for the 70k one, but for those still wondering if there is a way to get it without jumping through hoops, check your special offers.
What's the spend like on that offer?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Tailgater
McAfee and other virus/security software (Fry's Electronics) almost always have 100% (minus tax) rebates. Also, several times I have purchased hefty Safeway gift cards using the credit card. It's kicking the can down the road but, some months, you know, it can be challenging trying to rack up the minimum. Once, I paid my internet service a full year up front and of course, I make sure my auto payments go through the card that I need to meet hefty min spend.
Hmm now I wonder if there is anyway I could pay my rent online.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:13 pm

Hi all,

Relative newbie here, but I have been lurking for quite a while & collecting points on my husand's account.

Applied for this deal and got the 14 day message, but received approval via email within a few minutes. Delta account has been updated & indicates gold membership.

A few questions if you don't mind, as I am just learning:

1. Has anyone gotten approval for a college age child on an deal like this? Since he is a dependent, can we indicate the family income as we technically will be paying the bill. He has an excellent credit rating as we let both children piggy back on our credit rating and credit cards.

2. Husband has Amex Delta platinum (for many, many years). Has anyone with a platinum attempted to get this gold deal or is he definitely not eligible?

3. I logged into my dh's amex acount but can't find special offers. Can someone please direct me as to how to find special offers on americanexpress.com.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by Keating87; Sep 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by brownie20
this is so weird! i had applied using one of the links posted and didnt bother starting from delta's website. application was approved yesterday. just for kicks and giggles now i searched for an international flight on delta and clicked the button to apply for a credit card on the bottom of the page. originally it seem to offer 30K miles and + $50 statement credit but as soon as i clicked next it popped up with an application that offered 70K miles + $100 statement credit on a delta purchase. isnt that odd? maybe amex is extending the offer to more customers? hopefully there will be no issues when the card arrives but this is definitely reassuring
I saw the same thing while messing around with editing the URL. Didn't pay much attention at first, but then I realized I didn't need to do any of the editing. It showed the 30K offer after initiating a booking ($280 flight), then after clicking the "I want to know more" on the next page it showed the screwed up form with the 70K offer. I filled it in as best I could, on the verify page everything seemed ok, with my name and FF# pre-filled, and off it went.

Got the "you will hear from us in 14 days", and 2 minutes later the congratulatory e-mail. By the way, I had gotten the SPG card on 8/28 and had cancelled the Delta Reserve early this year.

Interestingly enough, while I had one of the AMEX companion certificates sitting in my profile I couldn't get any Delta offers - they claimed I was already holding a skymiles card. Might be a timing coincidence, but I redeemed that certificate two weeks ago and started seeing the offers pop up.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by drminn
I saw the same thing while messing around with editing the URL. Didn't pay much attention at first, but then I realized I didn't need to do any of the editing. It showed the 30K offer after initiating a booking ($280 flight), then after clicking the "I want to know more" on the next page it showed the screwed up form with the 70K offer. I filled it in as best I could, on the verify page everything seemed ok, with my name and FF# pre-filled, and off it went.

Got the "you will hear from us in 14 days", and 2 minutes later the congratulatory e-mail. By the way, I had gotten the SPG card on 8/28 and had cancelled the Delta Reserve early this year.

Interestingly enough, while I had one of the AMEX companion certificates sitting in my profile I couldn't get any Delta offers - they claimed I was already holding a skymiles card. Might be a timing coincidence, but I redeemed that certificate two weeks ago and started seeing the offers pop up.
Why did you get the Delta Gold when you just cancelled a Delta Reserve card earlier in the year? The TC says you need 12 months in between accounts to even get the bonus...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.